Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I've also read that Dortmund will try to get Lukaku.
+

I think that rumor is utter bollocks.
It basically said that Bayern and Dortmund would battle for the chance to sign him.

IMO Germany is way better mediawise when it comes to the average credibility of a transfer rumor than Italy, Spain or especially England.

But there are always some clickbait rumors out there.

Lukaku is one of them. It really does not make any sense at all for Bayern or for Dortmund.

He is in the PL. His wages will skyrocket and the pricefor him would be laughably high. Like 70M €+ (the exchange rate + new TV deal makes major transfers from England to Germany almost impossible IMO). Neither team would ever pay that for Lukaku.

Especially when Bayern has Mueller and Lewandowski contracted for 3+ years aund Dortmund has Aubameyang also under contract until 2020.

Auba might really want to go to Real but IMO there is no chance that they let him go right now with Hummels, Mkhi and Gündogan on the verge of leaving or atleast thinking about it.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Still sure that Hummels would never go to Bayern?
Or that I was wrong when I predicted that atleast 2 out of the 3 with one year left would leave? ;)

That said. I think Hummels will make a smart decision for himself. Whether that is staying in Dortmund or transfer to Bayern or City (IMO the only 2 viable options aside from staying if Barca in fact wants Marquinhos) will be up to him. He is a pretty bright guy (atleast for a football pro) and he will weigh the Pros and Cons.

I would easily trade Dembele for Hummels, though :D.

You keep Hummels and give us Dembele.
Getting him on a longterm deal would be a crazy good move for Dortmund.

He is young enough that he might even extend his contract and that might give you 5+ years of IMO the hottest prospect in the world right now before he could leave for oodles of money.

Amazing move really. Hope we somehow hijack it :D.

If Hummels goes to Munich, I think we can assume that Goetze will absolutely head the other way.

Aubameyang/X
Reus/Pulisic/Durm - Götze/Kagawa- Dembele/Mkhi/Paßlack
Weigl/Merino - Castro/Sahin
Schmelzer/Durm - Sokratis/Subotic - Toprak/X/Ginter - Pisczek/X
Bürki/X

That is a damn good team and you would even have lots of money to spend on those few weak spots.
Whatever happens, Dortmund should be more than fine next season.

There's no concrete rumor from a good source that Hummels will move to Bayern. His father simply didn't rule it out, and he wants to portray himself as uneasy about his future. Way too early for you to start gloating. He might just be putting pressure on Watzke and Zorc to improve the roster. Mkhi and Schmelzer will probably stay based on everything we've heard so far.

Dembele would be an amazing move for Dortmund but I won't celebrate it until it's official. Anyway, as I said earlier, I think Rennes' owner might want to sell to Dortmund now due to the Puma connection. We could then revisit the Dembele to Bayern transfer in a couple of years.

I think your lineup projection is way off but that's another topic. Anyway, regardless of what happens this summer I'm confident that Dortmund will play brilliant and successful football next season.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I didn't expect Hummels to become a topic in regards to Bayern again. It seems like his father holds no grudge. Hummels' comment about it ending up clear why this decision is so tough for him isn't that much to go on, to be fair. The phrasing admittedly had me thinking Bayern before anything else, as well, but ultimately, it would apply to basically any giant. Even if he left for Barca, which no Dortmund fan would blame him for, it would make sense for him to still struggle with leaving Dortmund, but that opportunity being just too hard to turn down. Dortmund is at a level that shouldn't and doesn't leave many clubs where it's okay for leaving to be easy.

Not entirely sure how I'd feel about him back here, TBH.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Reminder that Hummels made similar comments around this time last year that his future is open and he doesn't like to rule anything out prematurely, and that he frequently goes back and forth whether he wants to transfer or not: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...mmels_ich-denke-ueber-meine-zukunft-nach.html

I'll just take him at his word and maintain that he simply hasn't decided yet. He sees the value of transferring elsewhere but also the value of staying, and he is slowly (and publicly) weighing his options.

As to a Götze for Hummels "exchange": not unfair quality wise, but I don't like it from a Dortmund perspective because I think center back is already the area of the roster that needs the most upheaval this summer. Hummels is again in ethereal form, but Sokratis, Ginter, and Subotic are inadequate for the team, and Bender still has a little to learn about the position I think. I don't want them to start next season with an entirely new defense. Plus Bayern has Martinez, Boateng, and Alaba...no need to be greedy.

BTW, BVB's media partner and most reliable source Ruhr Nachrichten is also now saying the club is in pole position to sign Dembele.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'd prefer to wait to speculate a bit since the season isn't remotely over, but since we're talking about Hummels and Dembele now I might as well jump in.

Disturbing talk of Neymar in the papers. He's clearly being targeted and I think Barça's upper management could well be behind it. It could be to keep his contract in check or it could just be paper talk though, but regardless I'm not brushing it off. If Neymar is sold then I would certainly hope we'd be in for a replacement. I've seen very little of Dembele, but from what I've seen he looks good and he seems to offer a combination of skills ("a certain set of skills") that I like in one player. He'd also then get his minutes.

Still I would consider Dembele either way. We need a top drawer player who can play up front since we don't have great options at present and the season, especially when you factor in international duty and travel, is far too long. He would provide much needed cover. On top of that he'd provide competition for say Neymar and hopefully then raise the latter's game. So for me Dembele, even though I'd like to see more of him, seems like a good option.

We've got a ton of depth at CB right now, but I would also welcome Hummels. I'd rather the club took a punt on Marquinhos, but I'm not sure PSG are selling and he'll cost a fortune right now if they do. Hummels on the other hand won't be cheap, but with his contract situation being what it is the fee would be manageable. I'd then sell Vermaelen and Mathieu. That would leave us with Pique, Mascherano, Hummels and Bartra at CB. Hummels would get plenty of minutes and Mascherano isn't getting any younger. (Pique isn't either and maybe in two seasons you revisit a guy like Marquinhos).

The club could afford all this in terms of transfer fees, especially if for some reason Neymar were sold. Where it gets tricky though is with wages. Still there would be more than enough room that could be made. Without getting into the specifics numbers, here is what I would do right now:

OUT:

Vermaelen
Mathieu (maybe, but it would depend on what happens with LB)
Turan (assuming he'd be willing to leave, not likely I'm guessing)
Munir
Sandro
Douglas
Adriano (depending on what we do at LB)

IN:

Dembele
Hummels
Top drawer CM
Samper (promote)
Suarez (preferred option, buy back option) / Deulofeu (buy back option)
LB (doesn't need to be World Class, but a good young prospect/inexpensive solid backup)

The wages even with some of the contract renewals would go up be still be under control and the big signings' wages would essentially be covered, for sure if Dani Alves was released (I'd still keep him another season, but he could end up leaving). Anyway, not saying this is going to happen, but it's well within the realm of possibility.

Jul 7, 2009
I'd prefer to wait to speculate a bit since the season isn't remotely over, but since we're talking about Hummels and Dembele now I might as well jump in.

Disturbing talk of Neymar in the papers. He's clearly being targeted and I think Barça's upper management could well be behind it. It could be to keep his contract in check or it could just be paper talk though, but regardless I'm not brushing it off. If Neymar is sold then I would certainly hope we'd be in for a replacement. I've seen very little of Dembele, but from what I've seen he looks good and he seems to offer a combination of skills ("a certain set of skills") that I like in one player. He'd also then get his minutes.

Still I would consider Dembele either way. We need a top drawer player who can play up front since we don't have great options at present and the season, especially when you factor in international duty and travel, is far too long. He would provide much needed cover. On top of that he'd provide competition for say Neymar and hopefully then raise the latter's game. So for me Dembele, even though I'd like to see more of him, seems like a good option.

We've got a ton of depth at CB right now, but I would also welcome Hummels. I'd rather the club took a punt on Marquinhos, but I'm not sure PSG are selling and he'll cost a fortune right now if they do. Hummels on the other hand won't be cheap, but with his contract situation being what it is the fee would be manageable. I'd then sell Vermaelen and Mathieu. That would leave us with Pique, Mascherano, Hummels and Bartra at CB. Hummels would get plenty of minutes and Mascherano isn't getting any younger. (Pique isn't either and maybe in two seasons you revisit a guy like Marquinhos).

The club could afford all this in terms of transfer fees, especially if for some reason Neymar were sold. Where it gets tricky though is with wages. Still there would be more than enough room that could be made. Without getting into the specifics numbers, here is what I would do right now:

OUT:

Vermaelen
Munir
Sandro
Douglas

IN:

Dembele
Hummels
Top drawer CM
Samper (promote)
LB (doesn't need to be World Class, but a good young prospect/inexpensive solid backup)

The wages even with some of the contract renewals would go up be still be under control and the big signings' wages would essentially be covered, for sure if Dani Alves was released (I'd still keep him another season, but he could end up leaving). Anyway, not saying this is going to happen, but it's well within the realm of possibility.

I've seen rumours of PSG offering up to 150 million for Neymar. I find it hard to believe and doubt that's its even remotely true.

I know he could very well leave but do you think he will go for that much money?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I've seen rumours of PSG offering up to 150 million for Neymar. I find it hard to believe and doubt that's its even remotely true.

I know he could very well leave but do you think he will go for that much money?

I honestly haven't been following the rumors too closely of late. That side I've read figures north of that. Man Utd has been a club mentioned as well and who I would be more willing to be would spend that sort of money on Neymar.

There are a few things to consider if indeed Neymar is sold. His contract is up in two years. That doesn't mean he'll go cheaply, but it also makes me skeptical of anything above 100 million and that's me being very conservative. Throw in the fact that we've had mixed results selling in recent years along with the player likely playing a big role in where he's sold and I'm not optimistic about getting a huge fee if indeed there's something to the rumors. All of that said a club like Man Utd would likely throw a ton of money at us for Neymar so who knows.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Feghouli linked to Sevilla. Wouldn't be surprising since has a good relationship with Emery.

Roma is looking at Batshuayi (OM), Slimani (Sporting) and Giroud.

One of them could replace Dzeko

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Feghouli linked to Sevilla. Wouldn't be surprising since has a good relationship with Emery.

Roma is looking at Batshuayi (OM), Slimani (Sporting) and Giroud.

One of them could replace Dzeko

That would be a great move for Sevilla. Feghouli is the kind of player they like to use.

I'm not sure what that means for Konoplyanka though... if he becomes more consistent he's a fantastic player. I think he should leave Sevilla for a team where he could play even more...

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

OUT:

Vermaelen
Munir
Sandro
Douglas

IN:

Dembele
Hummels
Top drawer CM
Samper (promote)

I think Bartra is leaving :(

We should get Denis Suarez and send Turan his ass out of Barcelona, but I don't think it's going to happen unfortunately

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
That would be a great move for Sevilla. Feghouli is the kind of player they like to use.

I'm not sure what that means for Konoplyanka though... if he becomes more consistent he's a fantastic player. I think he should leave Sevilla for a team where he could play even more...
Yup I really like Kono

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I read Barça. And my wishful thinking

I read Bayern myself. I think we'd be in contention, but not the most likely destination. I'd welcome him though.

Feghouli would be a good signing for Sevilla. He would add more depth to an already pretty deep relative to other sides at their "level."

Konoplyanka's not been given a real chance to be consistent though. He's started from the bench more than he has the pitch. How is he going to be consistent in that scenario? That's not to mention Reyes starting over him in the league and what has he done? I don't know if there's an issue with Emery or what, but I can't see a good reason why he hasn't played more. I actually think he'd have been a good signing for us.

I think Bartra is leaving :(

We should get Denis Suarez and send Turan his ass out of Barcelona, but I don't think it's going to happen unfortunately

I'm not certain Bartra goes. On the same token I'm not confident he stays either, but I still believe there's a possibility.

Sadly I don't see Turan getting sold either, but if Lucho gives him the same treatment he's giving Vidal than perhaps Turan will be looking to leave.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
OUT:

Vermaelen
Munir
Sandro
Douglas

IN:

Dembele
Hummels
Top drawer CM
Samper (promote)

That's basically all your trash being moved out, can't see it all happening. BUT this is football where money reigns supreme, so I can Barca get rid of all out of their trash by sweeping it under the rug and then pay heft amounts for Dembele, Hummels, and a top CM (isn't this supposed to be Rakatic?). An interesting point I witnessed this season is that Barca's players just look worn down. It's kind of funny to see the combo of Messi, Suarez, and Neymar actually end up being a double edge sword against Barcelona. What I mean by this, is that Barca's three attacking options are most definitely the best in the world. But since all three of them are the best players not only on the team, but for each respected country, they want the playing time. Of course won't be able to bench them, they want and deserve all the minutes they got. Actually you can probably go a step further and say you can't really bench them. Not because of personality issues, but because they're too good to bench to rest (Tho, I do think some arrogance would get in the way, especially with the likes of Neymar and Suarez). So now Barca is like a Lamborghini Elemento which has all the specs, performance, class, and awesome factor, but zero gas left in the tank to drive it anywhere with. Very interesting what has happened to them.

VanDerWiel to Monaco is almost done.
Just put Monaco in Turkey and we would have the perfect setup of the MLS of Europe. :sarcasm:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'd take Turan but wouldn't pay much given his age and wage.

Other than Vermaelen I can see a team taking all those players. Stuck with him though.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'd take Turan but wouldn't pay much given his age and wage.

Other than Vermaelen I can see a team taking all those players. Stuck with him though.

Utd were interested in Vermaelen at one point IIRC.

He was pretty good to start the season and is a quality player - I think there is a market for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad