Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
From little I know of him he's good, he could play for Portugal in the Euro, but I don't think Liverpool need him right now. May be a couple of years away from reaching his potential.

A Portuguese midfielder who should be in high demand is Renato Sanches. This guy has the complete package.

On Rafa Silva, Liverpool badly need wingers so I can see where he would fit. No idea how he would transition to PL, but he would definitely get minutes.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The 5M clause will not apply per lequipe. It was inherent to Dembele not playing enough games this year.
Dembele chose dortmund over barca and everyone in order to get playing time.

Yeah I see the l'Equipe report now. I can't judge the tone of the article: how much they're putting their credibility behind the report, and how much they're referring back to Sport Bild.

It would be an awesome transfer of course. He's still rough, but players with his combination of technique, physique, and finishing ability are quite rare. It would also be funny if it happened to revisit the claims here that Dortmund's buying power is on par with Southampton.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And while he's hardly a finished product at 18, he's certainly not rough IMO.

He's got out of this world potential. Nobody has played (at least produced) this well in L1 at this age. And it's not like we haven't produced tons of uber talent.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I will find it odd if Dortmund acquire Dembele unless one or both of Reus/Mkhitaryan are gone.

Nah. Mkhi would probably move to the middle. Dortmund has lacked depth for wide forwards since Januzaj (who was quite bad) and Hofmann both left in the winter.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The timing just makes no sense. Hard to judge Pulisic vs. Dembele, but if you already have one who you've invested a lot of first team playing time in and its now paying off, why are you buying over him? Does this mean that Pulisic is on his way out?

Its not bad to have both, as both are excellent prospects, but what are the chances Dortmund is giving playing time to two sub-20 players at the same time who play very similar positions? Not very likely. I don't believe the rumor, just like I wouldn't believe it if it was Bayern because of Coman.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The timing just makes no sense. Hard to judge Pulisic vs. Dembele, but if you already have one who you've invested a lot of first team playing time in and its now paying off, why are you buying over him? Does this mean that Pulisic is on his way out?

Its not bad to have both, as both are excellent prospects, but what are the chances Dortmund is giving playing time to two sub-20 players at the same time who play very similar positions? Not very likely. I don't believe the rumor, just like I wouldn't believe it if it was Bayern because of Coman.

Bayern is unquestionably interested in Dembele despite Coman, whether they end up landing him or not. Ribery and Robben are both aging, and Costa while good doesn't have the same quality as those two have brought to Bayern.

Maybe Tuchel sees one of them as capable of playing centrally. Aside from Reus, Dortmund doesn't have any clear wide forwards (again, Mkhi has played extraordinarily well out wide this year, but I don't know if Tuchel views him as a long-term wide player), so I think there could very well be enough playing time for everyone. It's always possible Reus leaves as well, but that's still a long shot.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
A lot of speculation that Rennes president Francois-Henri Pinault is willing to sell Dembele to Dortmund because he is the majority shareholder in Puma, who of course have a long-term deal with Dortmund.

It seems that additional French sources are reporting that Dortmund and Rennes will soon reach an agreement.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bayern is unquestionably interested in Dembele despite Coman, whether they end up landing him or not. Ribery and Robben are both aging, and Costa while good doesn't have the same quality as those two have brought to Bayern.

Maybe Tuchel sees one of them as capable of playing centrally. Aside from Reus, Dortmund doesn't have any clear wide forwards (again, Mkhi has played extraordinarily well out wide this year, but I don't know if Tuchel views him as a long-term wide player), so I think there could very well be enough playing time for everyone. It's always possible Reus leaves as well, but that's still a long shot.

I think every club in the world has interest or would have made an approach. What can you really lose by doing that? Actually getting an agreement from the club and player is a different discussion. Even though Bayern has an aging Robben and Ribery, if he's unlikely to see playing time next season, is he going to sign with them over a team where he could get playing time next season? I don't think so.

I just don't think either big German club makes much sense as a destination in the summer. I think he'd be a lot better off at Barca or PSG. Barca has no bench, and PSG will likely have a big clear out that could include Lucas leaving and Cavani moving centrally with Ibra possibly on his way out.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think every club in the world has interest or would have made an approach. What can you really lose by doing that? Actually getting an agreement from the club and player is a different discussion. Even though Bayern has an aging Robben and Ribery, if he's unlikely to see playing time next season, is he going to sign with them over a team where he could get playing time next season? I don't think so.

I just don't think either big German club makes much sense as a destination in the summer. I think he'd be a lot better off at Barca or PSG. Barca has no bench, and PSG will likely have a big clear out that could include Lucas leaving and Cavani moving centrally with Ibra possibly on his way out.

On the other hand, it would be far harder for him to break into the starting lineup at Barca than at Bayern (Ribery and Robben are both extremely injury-prone) or Dortmund. IDK about PSG. I'm sure they want him, but it seems like Rennes' owner also has an interest in selling him to Dortmund (shirt sales+brand exposure), and Dembele probably sees it as a good place to develop. We'll see.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Not hard. You take the player that has been a top-3 player in the French league.
You can loan Pulisic to another bundesliga team, but it's not a hard choice to choose Dembele over Pulisic IMO.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not hard. You take the player that has been a top-3 player in the French league.
You can loan Pulisic to another bundesliga team, but it's not a hard choice to choose Dembele over Pulisic IMO.

I was trying to be kind and not get into that, but if you want to be arrogant and just assume the french guy is better than the yank, we can have that discussion.

My point was that Dortmund has no need for Dembele. If you are Chelsea with Courtois, you don't buy De Gea because his form has been better this season. There's no need to loan Pulisic out, he's not shown that he needs to be loaned out. You have a player you've taken the time to develop, a player who is showing he can do a good job for you at age 17, it makes no sense to buy over that player. That's essentially what Dembele to Dortmund would be, unless as DM said, something gives with Reus or Mkhitaryan leaving the club.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
A lot of speculation that Rennes president Francois-Henri Pinault is willing to sell Dembele to Dortmund because he is the majority shareholder in Puma, who of course have a long-term deal with Dortmund.

It seems that additional French sources are reporting that Dortmund and Rennes will soon reach an agreement.

Wonder if Reus to Arsenal rumors pick up. :sarcasm:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I did see today that Arsenal is confident that they'll sign Xhaka in the summer. I think that would be a very nice signing for them. With Gladbach struggling the last few weeks and their UCL hopes dwindling, they might agree to sell him.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Pulisic doesn't have to be loaned, and unfortunately there isn't really any place in Germany where he could learn Dortmund's style. He has performed pretty well so far, and isn't really an outsider to the roster. I truly think that there is room for both of them on the team. Remember that Dortmund started the year with both Januzaj and Hofmann (both young players; another reason I don't think Dortmund would be hesitant to have two young players out wide) as wide backups, and then lost both of them in the winter. Pulisic has gradually taken up one of those roster spots; Dembele could take the other. If one or both of Pulisic and Dembele were to turn out to be starter material right away, Mkhi could be moved to a midfield role. Tuchel is an extremely flexible coach who changes his formations depending on the players available, and rotates a lot. I suspect he could easily accommodate both Pulisic and Dembele. I strongly believe that the club will sign another wide forward if not Dembele.

Wonder if Reus to Arsenal rumors pick up. :sarcasm:

I have been pretty critical of Reus this season (although he has played well the past two matches), so I wouldn't be opposed to selling him. That's not a potential transfer you can troll me about. ;)

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Kicker is saying that Dortmund is trying to get Götze back. They also are reporting the club's interest in Dembele, and say that Hummels has not made a decision yet, but that Toprak would be Dortmund's target if he did leave. I'm a fan of Toprak but he's definitely not quite the same type of player as Hummels. Mkhi and Schmelzer are likely to return next year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I have been pretty critical of Reus this season (although he has played well the past two matches), so I wouldn't be opposed to selling him. That's not a potential transfer you can troll me about. ;)

Oh I know. He isn't exactly what Arsenal need either. Unless Sanchez walks out or something.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Reus to Liverpool if Gotze and Dembele go to Dortmund. I would be ok with that.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Hummels about to leave BVB?

"Es ist eine sehr schwierige Entscheidung. Wenn ich sie irgendwann getroffen habe, dann werden alle verstehen, warum es so schwierig für mich ist. Das kostet mich seit einigen Wochen jede Nacht bestimmt eine halbe Stunde vor dem Einschlafen, weil mir das ganze Thema sehr nah geht."

Translates to:

"It is a very difficult decision to make. When I eventually do decide, everyone will understand why it was so difficult for me. It has cost me half an hour every night before falling asleep for a few weeks already, because it is a very emotional topic for me"

Doesn't sound super promising...

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Hummels about to leave BVB?

"Es ist eine sehr schwierige Entscheidung. Wenn ich sie irgendwann getroffen habe, dann werden alle verstehen, warum es so schwierig für mich ist. Das kostet mich seit einigen Wochen jede Nacht bestimmt eine halbe Stunde vor dem Einschlafen, weil mir das ganze Thema sehr nah geht."

Translates to:

"It is a very difficult decision to make. When I eventually do decide, everyone will understand why it was so difficult for me. It has cost me half an hour every night before falling asleep for a few weeks already, because it is a very emotional topic for me"

Doesn't sound super promising...
He is leaving for sure after these comments. I've read Bayern.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Kicker is saying that Dortmund is trying to get Götze back. They also are reporting the club's interest in Dembele, and say that Hummels has not made a decision yet, but that Toprak would be Dortmund's target if he did leave. I'm a fan of Toprak but he's definitely not quite the same type of player as Hummels. Mkhi and Schmelzer are likely to return next year.

Still sure that Hummels would never go to Bayern?
Or that I was wrong when I predicted that atleast 2 out of the 3 with one year left would leave? ;)

That said. I think Hummels will make a smart decision for himself. Whether that is staying in Dortmund or transfer to Bayern or City (IMO the only 2 viable options aside from staying if Barca in fact wants Marquinhos) will be up to him. He is a pretty bright guy (atleast for a football pro) and he will weigh the Pros and Cons.

I would easily trade Dembele for Hummels, though :D.

You keep Hummels and give us Dembele.
Getting him on a longterm deal would be a crazy good move for Dortmund.

He is young enough that he might even extend his contract and that might give you 5+ years of IMO the hottest prospect in the world right now before he could leave for oodles of money.

Amazing move really. Hope we somehow hijack it :D.

If Hummels goes to Munich, I think we can assume that Goetze will absolutely head the other way.

Aubameyang/X
Reus/Pulisic/Durm - Götze/Kagawa- Dembele/Mkhi/Paßlack
Weigl/Merino - Castro/Sahin
Schmelzer/Durm - Sokratis/Subotic - Toprak/X/Ginter - Pisczek/X
Bürki/X

That is a damn good team and you would even have lots of money to spend on those few weak spots.
Whatever happens, Dortmund should be more than fine next season.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Still sure that Hummels would never go to Bayern?
Or that I was wrong when I predicted that atleast 2 out of the 3 with one year left would leave? ;)

That said. I think Hummels will make a smart decision for himself. Whether that is staying in Dortmund or transfer to Bayern or City (IMO the only 2 viable options aside from staying if Barca in fact wants Marquinhos) will be up to him. He is a pretty bright guy (atleast for a football pro) and he will weigh the Pros and Cons.

I would easily trade Dembele for Hummels, though :D.

You keep Hummels and give us Dembele.
Getting him on a longterm deal would be a crazy good move for Dortmund.

He is young enough that he might even extend his contract and that might give you 5+ years of IMO the hottest prospect in the world right now before he could leave for oodles of money.

Amazing move really. Hope we somehow hijack it :D.

If Hummels goes to Munich, I think we can assume that Goetze will absolutely head the other way.

Aubameyang/X
Reus/Pulisic/Durm - Götze/Kagawa- Dembele/Mkhi/Paßlack
Weigl/Merino - Castro/Sahin
Schmelzer/Durm - Sokratis/Subotic - Toprak/X/Ginter - Pisczek/X
Bürki/X

That is a damn good team and you would even have lots of money to spend on those few weak spots.
Whatever happens, Dortmund bshould be more than fine next season.
I've also read that Dortmund will try to get Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad