Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
You LITERALLY cannot make this **** up.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...nsfer-market-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league

How can ANY Gunner fan defend this? How, please for the love of God tell me because I cannot in the slightest way of my whole being down to a single cell understand this logic....

It's not like Arsenal doesn't have the money to buy talent either. They don't have the ManC/U or Chelsea war chest but they have more than enough to secure elite level players.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't know why the arsenal fans are surprised about this.

They will probably still get at least one good piece either way.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
So you said you would laugh at a 40m bid? According to the Guardian Man utd are making a 60m bid :laugh:

Yeah lol. I think I had already seen a rumor of some crazy bid from ManU for him, and that prompted my comment. €60M for an extremely raw central midfielder would set a new bar for transfer nonsense to me.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So far it hasn't no. Martial hasn't been close to being worth 60-80M€.

:shrug: He's played very well in his first year. Maybe not 70 million worth of good just yet, but he's still got room to grow and has shown a lot of potential.

If they pay a similar (about 80-90%) price for Sanches and he shows near the same potential as Martial, I'd be happy with the purchase.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Bayern's CEO confirms talks with Dortmund for Hummels, BVB's CEO says that if he leaves, it's for Bayern and actually goes on to explain his (potential) motivation. Seems like both clubs are making sure they go the opposite way compared to the secrecy with Götze's transfer.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I fail to understand the amount of transfers between the biggest rivals in Germany. You never see this between Real Madrid and Barcelona for instance or other top rivalries in Europe. Granted, it's not similar since Bayern Munich is by far the biggest club in Germany, and the transfers usually go one way only.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I fail to understand the amount of transfers between the biggest rivals in Germany. You never see this between Real Madrid and Barcelona for instance or other top rivalries in Europe. Granted, it's not similar since Bayern Munich is by far the biggest club in Germany, and the transfers usually go one way only.

I think Bayern is just that appealing for Bundesliga players.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Well, that bolded part is a big part of the explanation. When Leverkusen was standing out among the competition, it was a reasonable next step for guys like Lucio, Ballack or Ze Roberto. These days, it's Dortmund with some exceptional talent in Götze/Lewa/Hummels. For guys comfortable in Germany and little desire to leave, there's all the sense it takes. Although it really is a bit different with Hummels given his family situation; I don't think that was as much of a factor before.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

52930570-1445259350-800.jpg

Bayern's just that much bigger than everyone else now, just like Real was when they poached Figo.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bayern is bad. Looks like Dortmund will lose two of their three best players this summer, but probably improve their depth players.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
This is truly embarrassing for BVB. Spec and Watzke did magnificent in leading the club out of the **** storm they were in. But they've proven to be inept when it comes to selling players. To lose Gotze, Hummels, and Lewa to your second biggest rival in the world is ****ing ridiculous.

What true aspirations does this club even have if we're just a glorified feeder team for FC Hollywood? This is shambolic.

I don't give a **** how much money they spend and who it's on this summer. To just hand titles over to a competitor for three-four seasons in a row is a complete failure and a massive disservice to the supporters in Dortmund.

I sincerely hope Gotze doesn't wind up in Dortmund this summer.

Zinc and Watzke can **** right of to Bayern since they seem to respect them so much.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bayern is bad. Looks like Dortmund will lose two of their three best players this summer, but probably improve their depth players.

I'm assuming Dortmund will get Dahoud to replace Gundogan so things could be worse, but no idea who you guys will bring in to replace Hummels

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
This is truly embarrassing for BVB. Spec and Watzke did magnificent in leading the club out of the **** storm they were in. But they've proven to be inept when it comes to selling players. To lose Gotze, Hummels, and Lewa to your second biggest rival in the world is ****ing ridiculous.
What can they really do about it? So, maybe putting a release clause in Götze's contract was a mistake in hindsight, but who knows whether he'd have extended without that in the first place? Lewandowski had his eyes set on joining Bayern, and Dortmund played hardball to not let him go there as long as they could, even forfeiting €20M-ish. Now it's Hummels (somewhat suddenly) deciding to break things off and move home. What can Watzke/Zorc do about that? It's not like they can just shove them onto some EL team for a fortune just because that'd be kinda ideal for them.

They were in shambles a decade ago. You don't just move past being a feeder to European giants over one wave of an exceptionally talented squad. I understand that it sucks for their supporters that it just seems to have to be that one giant that is one of their arch rivals, but I fail to see what Dortmund's front office can do about it, short of brainwashing their players to yearn for the experience of playing abroad.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Its not even just about losing these three players. Its about being cheap ****ing dicks in the transfer market, not working with their managers when they ask for certain players. Forcing players upon managers that dont even want the players they buy.

The buck has to stop somewhere. If you have a better idea of who i should blame for all of this ****, then please pont them out to me.

We're the ****ing cuckolds of the football world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad