Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I thought they dropped their interest in Ben Arfa. I would think that if they lose both Ibra and Cavani that they would try and move for a bigger name striker.

Also, Evilo, you mentioned Pastore potentially going. Why exactly?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think they'll try for a bigger name and that is either Lewa or Neymar. But I don't believe they'll get either.

Cavani might start, but I have a hunch he's gone to Italy.

They'll try to get a Hazard (but I believe he'll go to Real) or a Reus (but will he leave Dortmund?).
I feel their attactivity has taken a hit. Had they reached the semis, yes but right now.... I'm not so sure.
I do believe they'll try for Fekir, maybe even Lacazette.

As for Pastore, I'm thinking that if Blanc stays, Pastore goes. His refusal to use him in a 4-3-3 in midfield (he goes for 3 CM/DM) and Pastore's incapacity to play wing decently (which is fair, he's really not a winger) means he's not made for PSG.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And I'll add that PSG pillaging the french market would go a long way towards making them more competitive.
Rather than go for uncertain foreign players, they could go for Kanté, Dembele, Fekir, Lacazette, Ntep, Corchia, etc...

Imagine if they had signed Kanté, Payet, Ayew or Amavi last summer? Less than 35M spent and they would have added a lot to the team.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And I'll add that PSG pillaging the french market would go a long way towards making them more competitive.
Rather than go for uncertain foreign players, they could go for Kanté, Dembele, Fekir, Lacazette, Ntep, Corchia, etc...

Imagine if they had signed Kanté, Payet, Ayew or Amavi last summer? Less than 35M spent and they would have added a lot to the team.

Focusing on the second paragraph, how many of them would have being guaranteed the minutes that they got compared to where the signed?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ousmane Dembele to Liverpool could make sense. They are one of the bigger name teams that would offer him a spot in the starting XI right away, maybe.

For his development I don't think he should go somewhere like Real, Bayern or Barca for that reason (though Coman has had a lot of gametime).

Still I expect money to talk. I don't see Liverpool outbidding the majority of those teams...but you never know.

Not going to happen remotely. Don't do this to yourself

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Focusing on the second paragraph, how many of them would have being guaranteed the minutes that they got compared to where the signed?
It's possible, but in the mean time, would they have turned down a place with PSG, targeting the CL rather than Aston Villa, Leicester, West Ham or Everton?

No way.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think they'll try for a bigger name and that is either Lewa or Neymar. But I don't believe they'll get either.

Cavani might start, but I have a hunch he's gone to Italy.

They'll try to get a Hazard (but I believe he'll go to Real) or a Reus (but will he leave Dortmund?).
I feel their attactivity has taken a hit. Had they reached the semis, yes but right now.... I'm not so sure.
I do believe they'll try for Fekir, maybe even Lacazette.

As for Pastore, I'm thinking that if Blanc stays, Pastore goes. His refusal to use him in a 4-3-3 in midfield (he goes for 3 CM/DM) and Pastore's incapacity to play wing decently (which is fair, he's really not a winger) means he's not made for PSG.

I feel as though letting both Cavani and Ibra go would be a mistake. If Ibra goes I would make Cavani the starter. If you "cash in" on Cavani then with Ibra's season you could give him another season or two (not sure if he's declared he's going or not mind you). The issue with keeping Ibra around though might be some issues if his play drops and he gets rotated or benched. Still with what he's done this season I would think another season at least is reasonable from a footballing perspective.

I would think Hazard would go to one of either PSG or Madrid if he's sold and while I can see Madrid I would think PSG has a great chance if they make a big enough play for him. That for me though would depend on what Madrid do with their own players. I would also think PSG make a play for Pogba though. Not sure what's going on there either (haven't been following the rumors much at all), but I would think like Hazard that Madrid or PSG are the two frontrunners if not two of them.

Agreed on the French players and PSG could and possibly should make some big changes if Blanc goes and they get rid of both Ibra and Cavani. Getting rid of Ibra, Cavani, Pastore, Maxwell, van der Wiel and Motta alone frees up a lot of places to bring some new players:

Ibra/Cavani (pick one) -> Lacazette
Pastore -> Dembele (not a direct replacement mind you)
Motta -> Kante
van der Wiel -> Corchia
Maxwell -> Digne (maybe Amavi?)

You've probably got a net transfer spend of very little if not flat. That's not to mention you're surely saving money in terms of the wage bill. Then you go out and grab a Pogba, Hazard or both if you can and you're still going to dominate France while being competitive in the CL.

Anyway, PSG have some things to address this Summer or next, but either way they can still set themselves up really well without breaking the bank losing much in terms of competitiveness.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The huge question mark is up front.

Ibra would indeed be competitive next season I have few doubts. But I feel this QF has burnt the bridges. He'll move to another challenge.
Cavani might leave because PSG is fed up with his demands I believe. Though keeping him might be a good move I feel he'll be sold.

So who can they sign to replace them? Lacazette, Lukaku... not much on the market if you can't get Lewa or Neymar.
That said, if they can get Hazard/Fekir or others a guy like Higuain, Morata, etc... can be enough with all those players around.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
One thing I would say, is that if Bayern is really interested in Dembele, that he must be the real deal. When you look at the signings they've made in the last five years it's very difficult to find one that wasn't a great player.

Some were good, some weren't. Benatia has definitely been a disappointing signing for how much they spent on him. Shaqiri too I think. Bernat hasn't been very good this season either IMO.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York

Ibra would indeed be competitive next season I have few doubts. But I feel this QF has burnt the bridges. He'll move to another challenge.
Cavani might leave because PSG is fed up with his demands I believe. Though keeping him might be a good move I feel he'll be sold.

So who can they sign to replace them? Lacazette, Lukaku... not much on the market if you can't get Lewa or Neymar.
That said, if they can get Hazard/Fekir or others a guy like Higuain, Morata, etc... can be enough with all those players around.

Morata would be nice but why not make a huge push for Dybala?
They certainly have the funds and I think he'd work quite well with Cavani if he sticks around.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Will Benzema definitely not move? Or has he burned the bridge to PSG along with the bridge to the national team?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Doubt Juve sells him already.

Yup, juve are not going to sell him after a year. It's not like they're Roma. Also he wouldn't not want to leave just yet, Dybala had his heart set on them last season. Only way he leaves if it's to go to Barca/real maybe Munich/city.

Psg are however closing in on Lo celso, apparently agreed to terms with him but will start negotiating with Rosario next week. Take it with a grain of salt, as I've read it on unknown source (to me).

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Nope.
PSG is very close to agreeing with Lass Diarra on a free. Second target is Kanté I think.

Ok thanks.

It sounds like his future at Chelsea is in doubt and in my head PSG seemed like a good fit for him. I wonder where he'll end up.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Report linking Kevin Gameiro from Sevilla to Barca, something around 20M + Halilovic on loan.

Besides the interest in Marquinhos, Barca's also scouting CBs across the BuLi and Ligue 1. Scouted Lyon's Samuel Umtiti. They're also following Ousmane Dembele, but not sure if that will go anywhere.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Real Madrid could use an upgrade at cdm imo.

Agreed 100% but when was the last time Perez spent a lot of money on a player who was out of form and unlikely to sell millions of jerseys? Just doesn't seem like his kind of buy. I wonder if Pep would want him, but Chelsea might not want to sell him within the league. Otherwise...Bayern? IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad