Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I assume Mats & Miki will stay. But there's a very real chance that either Ilkay gets wooed by Pep into joining him in Manchester, Real reaches that insane figure that convinces Watzke to cash-in on Aubamayeng, or LFC comes up in with an almost equally crazy bid for Reus (and he's interested in re-uniting with Kloppo)...though it's only 1 of the three that would actually happen. Watzke & Zorc won't lose two of their stars in the same window, certainly not now that they have the money to keep errybody while still being able to afford significant additions.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I assume Mats & Miki will stay. But there's a very real chance that either Ilkay gets wooed by Pep into joining him in Manchester, Real reaches that insane figure that convinces Watzke to cash-in on Aubamayeng, or LFC comes up in with an almost equally crazy bid for Reus (and he's interested in re-uniting with Kloppo)...though it's only 1 of the three that would actually happen. Watzke & Zorc won't lose two of their stars in the same window, certainly not now that they have the money to keep errybody while still being able to afford significant additions.

The rumor of 70M+Morata for Aubameyang is too good to be true, even for Perez. If that were Dortmund's only big summer sale I'd be euphoric.

I wouldn't mind if Reus were sold for a big price, but I sort of doubt Watzke feels the same way.

Of course everyone is most worried about Ilkay, but the most reliable sources (Röckenhaus too) seem to think BVB has at least some hope to keep him. It's not like City would be a slam dunk choice for him. More money+better title chance+Pep, but Dortmund will probably still be a better team and have a great coach as well. We'll see.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh I think the most likely scenario is that you hold onto Ilkay and the gang. At most selling off one of Auba/Reus for Beaucoup-Bucks.

But...Pep + dat oil-money + easier competition in the league + greater exposure; makes for a tempting ass pitch.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Easier title competition without doubt. One Bayern Munich is worth far more in that respect than all the flawed or deeply flawed wealthiest English teams.

Name an English team that will make the title race with Citeh as difficult a challenge as overcoming Bayern is for BVB. I'll wait.

Having one tougher team to overcome doesn't make the league competition tougher. The English schedule is much more demanding and the general level of competition is also higher. There's no Bayern but there could be 3 to 5 teams on the level of Dortmund.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Having one tougher team to overcome doesn't make the league competition tougher. The English schedule is much more demanding and the general level of competition is also higher. There's no Bayern but there could be 3 to 5 teams on the level of Dortmund.

So what you're saying is that in the EPL, Ilkay would have to deal with easier competition for the title...

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Not this year. Not even close.

I wouldn't say the competition is higher either. A team with superior talent, a good strategic base, and tactics well adapted to the opponent should win most of the time against inferior opponents. There isn't a team like that in the EPL right now.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Johannes Eggestein is apparently close to joining Leverkusen. Can't wait to see cgf's reaction if that happens.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not this year. Not even close.

'Could be'. There are already a few teams that are certainly capable of playing on the level of Dortmund, but with Mourinho, Pep, Conte, Pochettino, Klopp, and even Wenger, etc. with the bases they already have and the money to basically build their teams how they like there's certainly more than a good enough chance to have a bunch of teams on the level of Dortmund and higher.

I wouldn't say the competition is higher either. A team with superior talent, a good strategic base, and tactics well adapted to the opponent should win most of the time against inferior opponents. There isn't a team like that in the EPL right now.

Because the level of competition in the EPL is higher, and they also have a tougher schedule. Again, there's going to be anywhere between 3 and 5 teams (City aside) that could be just as good as Dortmund if not better and the depth of the teams below them will also be of a better quality and the schedule will be tougher.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
'Could be'. There are already a few teams that are certainly capable of playing on the level of Dortmund, but with Mourinho, Pep, Conte, Pochettino, Klopp, and even Wenger, etc. with the bases they already have and the money to basically build their teams how they like there's certainly more than a good enough chance to have a bunch of teams on the level of Dortmund and higher.

Because the level of competition in the EPL is higher, and they also have a tougher schedule. Again, there's going to be anywhere between 3 and 5 teams (City aside) that could be just as good as Dortmund if not better and the depth of the teams below them will also be of a better quality and the schedule will be tougher.

No. Great teams can run the table. This happens in La Liga too, where the bottom half teams are unquestionably better than the bottom teams in the EPL. The schedule is a small part of the problem.

You're far too optimistic for those teams next season. It looks nice on paper with so many big name managers, but realistically most of those teams are highly unlikely to improve to the level of Dortmund in one summer.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He should just go somewhere where they're going to give him a shot at the senior team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He should just go somewhere where they're going to give him a shot at the senior team.

That's what I'm saying. Send Eggestein, Amiri/Stendera & Erras to BMG with some of that Xhaka money. :naughty:

Raffael/Eggestein - Stindl/Hazard
Hazard/Amiri/Traore
Johnson/Traore/Wendt - Dahoud - Amiri/Erras/Sow - Herrmann/Hoffmann/Korb
Alvaro/Hinteregger-Christensen/Strobl-Jantschke/Elvedi
Sommer​

in a shape like this:

abKVVWCapR.png

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That's what I'm saying. Send Eggestein, Amiri/Stendera & Erras to BMG with some of that Xhaka money. :naughty:

Raffael/Eggestein - Stindl/Hazard
Hazard/Amiri
Johnson/Traore/Wendt - Dahoud - Amiri/Erras/Sow - Herrmann/Hoffmann/Korb
Alvaro/Hinteregger-Christensen/Strobl-Jantschke/Elvedi
Sommer​

Stendera is another player Dortmund should strongly consider if Götze doesn't transfer to them and Gündogan doesn't renew.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Stendera is another player Dortmund should strongly consider if Götze doesn't transfer to them and Gündogan doesn't renew.

**** off bro. You guys can afford Oliver Torres & Kevin Volland/Timo Werner. The Dahoud's, Stendera's & Eggestein's of the world are needed by the cooler Borussia.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
**** off bro. You guys can afford Oliver Torres. The Dahouds & Stenderas are needed by cooler clubs.

lol Dortmund probably can't afford Torres AND Götze AND raising their salary structure without a huge sale (Auba). If Gündogan stays they should go after a value buy like Stendera.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
You could if you ditched Shinji's salary during the purge this summer.

Yes, it would depend on who leaves. Honestly a midfield of Weigl/Sahin/Gündogan/Castro/Götze/Leitner would keep me more than happy. :)

Maybe Leverkusen can go after Stendera. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad