2016 Summer Transfer Discussion Part V - Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I thought the whole point of signing Mustafi was so that Gabriel wouldn't be a regular starter. :laugh:

Signing Meyer would be a very good signing for Spurs.

Gabriel is injured. I think that that's the big reason - it was so Holding wasn't starting. But Mustafi is obviously a good pickup regardless. And a three back formation would be different.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They gave up 48 goals in the end and completely collapsed defensively against the top sides. We didn't have the personnel to play it and players like Can got extremely exposed in the end. Once the defensive frailties were re-exposed I don't remember them creating anything either.

I don't remember it like that at all, but I don't want to make this into a Liverpool topic. They'd lost 7 of 16 games at that point and given up 21 goals before they made the switch over to the 3-4-3 and then gave up 9 goals in the last two games of the season where the team had completely folded (though in truth they'd given up a while before that, probably around the 2nd ManU/Arsenal games).

I actually liked the formation tbh, I love 3 man backlines.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I also think Dier would be a really good CB in a back three formation. But I don't know if I would change what work(s/ed) if I were Tottenham.

I think for Arsenal, it would maximize Bellerin's potential, revitalize Gibbs, who I still rate, help protect the middle of the park, and get Sanchez more in front of goal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Alderweireld is poor with the ball and have thought that every time I've watched him. Passing stats back me up on that too. That's why I'm bullish on thinking Spurs and the three man backline wouldn't work. He's their starting defender they can rely on to not get hurt, so effectively their defense is built around him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Alderweireld is poor with the ball and have thought that every time I've watched him. Passing stats back me up on that too. That's why I'm bullish on thinking Spurs and the three man backline wouldn't work. He's their starting defender they can rely on to not get hurt, so effectively their defense is built around him.

Sokratis is poor with the ball as well; didn't stop BVB's back three from being successful. Mustafi is poor with the ball, and he alone wouldn't kill a back 3 from Arsenal. 1 limited CB would be fine; as Vertonghen, Dier & Davies are all good with the ball; and a Dembele - Alli midfield in front of that back three, with Eriksen getting to play the 10 again, would take even more pressure off of the back 3 and let them hide Alderweireld even more successfully.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
PSG may sell David Luiz back to Chelsea. If that happen, they should make a strong push for Rodrigo Caio according to a Brazilian journalist.

I think he gonna stay for now... Sevilla, Napoli and Hamburger SV are also interested. He doesn't wanna gonna to a Hamburger it seems cause he thinks it gonna hurt his chances with the national team.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
David Luiz to Chelsea is almost done. £38m

I can't be the only one to find him extremely overrated...

Meh somewhat...but he's still a quality CB, should be a nice fit with Conte who likes to have a ball playing CB.

He should of never left Chelsea in the first place..

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Does the English window close today or tomorrow? I remember last year it closed the 1st, was that because the 31st fell on a bank holiday?

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Does the English window close today or tomorrow? I remember last year it closed the 1st, was that because the 31st fell on a bank holiday?

Assuming you are actually in FL, 6pm your time

NBCSN will air a deadline show starting at 5pm I think

Last edited:

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
and we're probably missing on all of them...Levy and his "frugalness"

I wouldn't be against an Isco or Meyer signing but I personally wouldn't like Spursto sign Morgan or Sissoko

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Has Sissoko even mentioned Spurs in any of his come-get-me-please interviews recently?

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
PSG may sell David Luiz back to Chelsea. If that happen, they should make a strong push for Rodrigo Caio according to a Brazilian journalist.

I think he gonna stay for now... Sevilla, Napoli and Hamburger SV are also interested. He doesn't wanna gonna to a Hamburger it seems cause he thinks it gonna hurt his chances with the national team.
Caio might very well be right. Each and every Brazilian player who came from Brazil to Hamburg has been an expensive disappointment. Unfortunately, HSV is on the verge of signing some LB named Douglas Santos - let's see the next idiocy in the making!

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad