2016 Summer Transfer Discussion Part V - Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Besides Mane and Karius, Liverpool have had a very bad summer in terms of incomings but a very good summer in terms of outgoings.

They should have been more aggressive with the incomings while Pep, Conte, etc were still getting used to new teams. Not saying they needed to get into an arms race but it's irresponsible to come out of the window with no LB or DM. Again.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Besides Mane and Karius, Liverpool have had a very bad summer in terms of incomings but a very good summer in terms of outgoings.

They should have been more aggressive with the incomings while Pep, Conte, etc were still getting used to new teams. Not saying they needed to get into an arms race but it's irresponsible to come out of the window with no LB or DM. Again.

I don't disagree with you on the LB or DM part (especially the LB), but IIRC Klopp did this at Dortmund too. Shed a lot of dead wood and signed players he can coach up rather than guys who can make an immediate impact.

We wanted Klopp leading us, we might have to accept he has his own way of doing things.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't disagree with you on the LB or DM part (especially the LB), but IIRC Klopp did this at Dortmund too. Shed a lot of dead wood and signed players he can coach up rather than guys who can make an immediate impact.

We wanted Klopp leading us, we might have to accept he has his own way of doing things.

Oh absolutely but those were gaping holes that he could have, and should have filled. He certainly has had the opportunity to do so.

Both Hector and Chilwell he could have had but didn't want to "overpay" which is pretty ridiculous to me for a couple of reasons that I won't get into. Also he added Wijnaldum who has shown nothing yet instead of getting the holding player they actually need.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A holder and LB were priorities and neither were addressed. At least he got Karius. I like both the Mane and Wijnaldum signings but the midfield is still imbalanced which will make everyone there look bad as long as it is.

I'm still giving Klopp time, though there's definitely some questions to be asked at this point.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Oh absolutely but those were gaping holes that he could have, and should have filled. He certainly has had the opportunity to do so.

Both Hector and Chilwell he could have had but didn't want to "overpay" which is pretty ridiculous to me for a couple of reasons that I won't get into. Also he added Wijnaldum who has shown nothing yet instead of getting the holding player they actually need.

If you believe what Reddy says, Chilwell's ordeal was more about his overbearing father rather than the actual fee. No clue on Hector.

Agree on Gini, but I'll give him more time. We've been playing a 433 that 'evolves' into a 4141, so Gini was probably bought for that role. It hasn't really worked yet (Hendo is no holding mid), so I'm interested to see what happens to it once Can comes back and plays the role (in which he should be better).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Nkoudou and Pau should sign by deadline... And I don't even see Nkoudou as more than an impact sub

According to Bild, a 45M euro bid for meyer has been rejected. Highly doubt Levy would offer 45M for a player

Schalke won't sell this late in the window with Heidel in charge, but they certainly wouldn't sell Meyer for less than Sane regardless. Even if he was pushing for a move

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Alvaro Arbeloa to West Ham. Feel kinda bad for Byram because he's played well, but he's young and still learning. Good cover.

And the best part...Antonio doesn't have to play RB anymore. Gokhan Tore has been so bad, it's going to be tough for him to get game time, especially when everyone is back from injury.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Schalke won't sell this late in the window with Heidel in charge, but they certainly wouldn't sell Meyer for less than Sane regardless. Even if he was pushing for a move

One of the more overrated players for me, I don't think Meyer will ever be more than "good".

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Valencia have been raided hard. How the mighty have fallen. Have to wonder if they will become a top level club again any time soon.

Peter lim was supposed to be their saviour turns out he was the grim reaper.

Meyer is fantastic... He doesn't get the hype of other German starlets though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Cuadrado to Juve on a 3 year loan. I didn't know a 3 year loan was a thing.

Looks like the minimum with be 15 million with a 5 million loan payment per year, potentially a 25 million sale if Juve wants to buy him permanently, with performance add-ons of 4 million. The 25 million can be automatic based on conditions being met.

So it's a loan, but basically a sale.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
What's the point of a three year loan... I was actually looking forward to seeing what Conte could do with Cuadrado. Blech.

Happy with Alonso signing. Awaiting more good news.

INCREDIBLY angry that Kenedy has been loaned out. This fell under my radar. I'm mad.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What's the point of a three year loan... I was actually looking forward to seeing what Conte could do with Cuadrado. Blech.

Happy with Alonso signing. Awaiting more good news.

INCREDIBLY angry that Kenedy has been loaned out. This fell under my radar. I'm mad.

I'd like someone now that the Brozovic deal fell through. Either a B2B midfielder or a glamorous James type signing. Find a way to incorporate Fabregas into the lineup or find another creative player that can start. We can't keep relying on Hazard.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I'd like someone now that the Brozovic deal fell through. Either a B2B midfielder or a glamorous James type signing. Find a way to incorporate Fabregas into the lineup or find another creative player that can start. We can't keep relying on Hazard.

It's honestly just as simple as playing Fabregas instead of Oscar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad