2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Now I'm not very knowledgeable with regards to our goalie situation in the system outside of Helly and Comrie. But is there anyone we might target later in the draft that anyone knows of? I'd imagine we might want to look at a goalie to add to the system with Helly likely being on the roster full time next year?

The only other goalie in our system is Phillips, who will be going pro this summer from the NCAA.

Now for this draft, I think Outhouse will end up a steal. Elite rel league average sv% and solid technique when I watch him... The biggest worry I have is would he translate his style well to NHL at only 5'11.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
get out the shame stick.

I made a transcription error.

PLD is not Eric Staal.

It turns out based on NHLE's he's Rick Nash.

If you limit to QMJHL players only, he matches close to Huberdeau, Grigorenko.

also: this is PLD 17 Y/O, andi believe Staal's was his 18 Y/O

goddamn

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
oh i just meant that i wouldnt pick him personally not saying he's not good, just would rather alot more players over him

Ya

Virtanen is a good prospect and looks to be a capable NHLer, just Ehlers and Nylander were better.

Same thing with the Boston 3... Good prospects but Barzal, Connor, and Kylington are better.

Drafting is all about opportunity costs and maximizing asset value. It's almost a zero sum game.
Any value you lose relative to the rest of the league is improvement for them and a step back for you. So not getting he BPA can really come back and bite you.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The only other goalie in our system is Phillips, who will be going pro this summer from the NCAA.

Now for this draft, I think Outhouse will end up a steal. Elite rel league average sv% and solid technique when I watch him... The biggest worry I have is would he translate his style well to NHL at only 5'11.

Thanks for the reply Garret.

And that is leaving us thin prospect wise. I like the idea of trying to keep working in a goalie prospect every other draft or better. Will be interesting to see if management targets one but you can always move prospects for a goalie so who knows.

Sounds like a good prospect. That height is certainly a big concern but even shorter goalies can be successful in the AHL at least so who knows.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

Is this real? Is this real life? His name is OUTHOUSE?

We must draft him

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Jets should also be looking at Jost I think. So hard to guage his upside but if Chicago is out of the playoffs early and he falls he could end up being a steal.

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Any chance Logan brown lasts till Chicago's pick? Coming out of the draft with him and chych would be pretty rad

janneydraketkachuk

Jun 17, 2014
I've been thinking if we end up out of the top 5, we should consider moving the pick as a central piece for Drouin. Thoughts?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I've been thinking if we end up out of the top 5, we should consider moving the pick as a central piece for Drouin. Thoughts?

We are a draft and develop team. We need to do the draft part, not trade away high first round picks

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If were at six or seven I have a hard time seeing any of the remaining players be drouins Calibre

Drouin might never again be at Drouin's level. The league is passing him by. I would rather take my chances on someone else.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Worth a shot over A Nylander or anyone below IMO

I'm not completely against acquiring Drouin, but he's damaged goods and I would call including our 1st a complete overpayment.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Not sure that's true considering where we got Ehlers and Connor.

Would you trade either of them for Drouin?

There is no ehlers or connor level players available this draft at 7.

This one's looking a bit shallow and I don't see anyone that exciting beyond the top 4-5

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I'm not completely against acquiring Drouin, but he's damaged goods and I would call including our 1st a complete overpayment.

I dunno. Again, I'd probably take the big four over him. I'd probably risk ktchuk over him.

But otherwise, this draft gets real less sexy real quick.

So yah, I'd trade our first drouin (ideally with a plu) if were not getting a shot at the top 4-5/guys.

Drouin was very good in his limited action in Tampa. I think a new coach and a new start and hell be right as rain.

You have to take a risk to get these types of players I'd your not getting them in draft.

Turned out wonderfully for Dallas.
Turned out for sjs.
Who else has made that kind of deal? I guess buffalo for orielly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad