2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bob McKenzie will be revealing their 1-30 picks on the show tonight and their top 60 will be on tsn.ca tonight as well.

Looking forward to the show given how our season is going.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Many of those that watch Sarnia regularly have stated it may be due to a coaching change. Last year Sarnia had more of a run and gun style system where Chych was expected to join the rush. This year with thier new coach they are playing a more conservative tight two way game. Chych is relied on more to play a defence first game. Sarnia is playing much better this year. I think there is still a franchise level defencemen. Hes just more of a Doughty then a Karlsson. He'll likely never break 40 points but he will drive play with the best of them.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Many of those that watch Sarnia regularly have stated it may be due to a coaching change. Last year Sarnia had more of a run and gun style system where Chych was expected to join the rush. This year with thier new coach they are playing a more conservative tight two way game. Chych is relied on more to play a defence first game. Sarnia is playing much better this year. I think there is still a franchise level defencemen. Hes just more of a Doughty then a Karlsson. He'll likely never break 40 points but he will drive play with the best of them.

Nice post. And his PTS are still fine this year. I think you have to take this guy at 4 if he's still there. We really have a need and he may be BPA at 4.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Nice post. And his PTS are still fine this year. I think you have to take this guy at 4 if he's still there. We really have a need and he may be BPA at 4.

Yeah his overall offense really hasn't dropped that much. His go's are still solid and his assists have really picked up. I also like what I see from him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would take Doughty over Karlsson every day of every week of every year

I tend to agree but this says no:

aSMvRpg.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

aSMvRpg.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

You have to wonder how Karlsson would do on a team that plays a much tighter two-way game like the Kings under Sutter though.
On Ottawa he is free to roam and is pretty much a 4th forward out there. If he wasn't able to do that as much would he be putting up the same numbers?
You also have to wonder how good Doughty would be without having to be as defensively responsible and being able to just jump into the play more on the rush more.
Two very good defencemen used in two very different ways.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
McKenzie in his show primer just said that Mathews is clear #1 and the two Finnish wingers have clearly separated themselves from the rest of the pack.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
McKenzie in his show primer just said that Mathews is clear #1 and the two Finnish wingers have clearly separated themselves from the rest of the pack.

That was my impression, too. Chychrun and Tkachuk have some question marks.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
On McKenzie's NHL Draft special the listed comparable for Chychrun was none other than.... Zach Bogosian.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Bean's numbers / size combo is really good.. I kinda like seeing him that high, and nice that Dubious is firmly on the radar.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Weird that he has McAvoy rated so high. Haven't liked what I've seen from him enough to make him a top 25 pick even.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They were using Craig Button's comparable list...

So what you meant was "not even close Craig"

Chych for one isn't prone to injury...

And more...

Either way.... horrible comparison.
Though to be fair he compared Pulju to Wheeler which I think is spot on.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The stars are aligning that Chychrun will be a Jet

If we pick at 4 or 5 yes..Chych would be a good choice...

Big, strong, above avg mobility, decent skills, developing strong defensive game...

But what if we have a top 3 choice ?

Not a chance would we take Chych...

One can dream, can't he...

giphy.gif

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
(image)

Uh. It doesn't say no. It says that those are the results in those areas that those two get.

From that own website:

Question: Do WARRIOR Charts and HERO Charts tell us everything we need to know about a skater’s effectiveness at even strength?

Okay, this isn’t exactly a FAQ but I think it needs to be addressed. Pro scouts can exhale – the answer is NO! These visuals were created with the original intent of providing a quick resource to attain a surface look at a player’s effectiveness when trades/signings occur. As explained earlier, the metrics used to evaluate talent are far from perfect. Contextual factors are impossible to completely account for and player evaluation requires a deeper look into those factors before drawing any conclusions. Despite these imperfections, I believe that both Warrior and Hero charts satisfy my original intent.

Another goal was to simplify modern statistics in hockey and capture the interest of casual fans. I hope that some of those fans are encouraged to do some of their own research and help improve our understanding of the game.

Why you want one over the other is based on multiple things, which includes those values but not exclusive to those values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad