2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Getting one of those big Finnish wingers and Juolevi would be a huge draft score...even better than getting Matthews...I think Matthews goes number 1 but the gap has been closed.

What is really interesting is how Marner and Strome a year older were outplayed by Puli and Laine.

Given that context, getting one of them would be very very exciting..

It's going to be tough to get another top 10 pick in this draft I think. We will probably have at least 1 but this top 10 is looking pretty heavy down the stretch.
My top 10 right now is..
Matthews
Chych
Pulju
Laine
Tkachuk
Juolevi
Nylander
Gauthier
Sergachev
McLeod

I'm not sure many teams would give up any pick that lands you one of these guys for any combo o later picks in this draft. This draft might be top heavy but it isn't as deep as last years draft. Trading down would be a mistake IMO.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
It's going to be tough to get another top 10 pick in this draft I think. We will probably have at least 1 but this top 10 is looking pretty heavy down the stretch.
My top 10 right now is..
Matthews
Chych
Pulju
Laine
Tkachuk
Juolevi
Nylander
Gauthier
Sergachev
McLeod

I'm not sure many teams would give up any pick that lands you one of these guys for any combo o later picks in this draft. This draft might be top heavy but it isn't as deep as last years draft. Trading down would be a mistake IMO.

I think you've nailed the top 10....

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
My top 10 right now is..
Matthews
Chych
Pulju
Laine
Tkachuk
Juolevi
Nylander
Gauthier
Sergachev
McLeod

I might take Nylander ahead of Tkachuk but other than that I think you are bang on.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I might take Nylander ahead of Tkachuk but other than that I think you are bang on.

Nylander does look good. He reminds me a lot of Ehlers. Both very speedy creative play making wingers with scoring touch.
I like what Tkachuk has to offer more though I think for the Jets a strong raw goal scorer through and through he may not be blisteringly fast on his skates but he can make plays at a high speed, just a smart player.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Draft is today, who do you take Juolevi or Fabbro? They sure are tight in many mock drafts. I wonder how Fabbro will progress but he sure is intriguing to me. Right now I take Juolevi 7-9.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Draft is today, who do you take Juolevi or Fabbro? They sure are tight in many mock drafts. I wonder how Fabbro will progress but he sure is intriguing to me. Right now I take Juolevi 7-9.

Juolevi for sure. Fabbro is good but a bit of a gamble. Could pay off huge for whomever takes him.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Where are you seeing the Fabbo footage? I have to admit with him playing for Penticton I have no idea what his game looks like? Was he in a tournament I missed like the Helinka?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Am I sensing a little nostalgia with the Tkachuk pick?

Button pretty much said it was the perfect fit, touching on how his dad was drafted by Jets 1.0 or something to that effect in the video.

I'm not that excited about Tkachuk 2.0, to be honest. Would like to see him in a situation where he has to do a bit more on his own to assess his potential.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
I'm not that excited about Tkachuk 2.0, to be honest. Would like to see him in a situation where he has to do a bit more on his own to assess his potential.

Yeah, he's either had Marner or Matthews as his centre. Would like to see how he'd be able to do away from top of the line centres, but at the very least he's a good complimentary piece to other high skilled players.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I really can't see us passing on Chychrun if he falls to us. Would be a typical Chevy pick. Get the highly rated guy that falls a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad