2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Tkachuk seems like the type of player a number of teams need. His gritty scoring play would look good with Edmonton, Calgary, Buffalo, Vancouver and Winnipeg. I think he'll be coveted come draft day.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Button's post WJC rankings.

1. Auston Matthews
2. Jesse Puljujärvi
2. Patrik Laine
4. Matthew Tkachuk
5. Alexander Nylander
6. Olli Juolevi
7. Jakob Chychrun
8. Dante Fabbro
9. Mikhail Sergachyov
10. Pierre-Luc Dubois

A lot of WJC hype up in there. I think any team that takes Tkachuk, Nylander and Juolevi over Chychrun is insane and their scouting staff should all be fired. Falling because you don't make Team Canada at 17 is kind of insane on Buttons part. I imagine by seasons end Button has him back up at the top though.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

1. Auston Matthews
2. Jesse Puljujärvi
2. Patrik Laine
4. Matthew Tkachuk
5. Alexander Nylander
6. Olli Juolevi
7. Jakob Chychrun
8. Dante Fabbro
9. Mikhail Sergachyov
10. Pierre-Luc Dubois

A lot of WJC hype up in there. I think any team that takes Tkachuk, Nylander and Juolevi over Chychrun is insane and their scouting staff should all be fired. Falling because you don't make Team Canada at 17 is kind of insane on Buttons part. I imagine by seasons end Button has him back up at the top though.

Yeah, outside of the Finns and Matthews, Chych is who I want.

Hopefully other teams take a Button approach to their drafting :handclap:

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

1. Auston Matthews
2. Jesse Puljujärvi
2. Patrik Laine
4. Matthew Tkachuk
5. Alexander Nylander
6. Olli Juolevi
7. Jakob Chychrun
8. Dante Fabbro
9. Mikhail Sergachyov
10. Pierre-Luc Dubois

I definitely like Tkachuk over Chych. Are some just blinded because they want a D-man?

Yeah, outside of the Finns and Matthews, Chych is who I want.

Hopefully other teams take a Button approach to their drafting :handclap:
If you take a look at his final list and then how we draft we tend to take the players he ranks highly. How have you liked our drafting so far?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I definitely like Tkachuk over Chych. Are some just blinded because they want a D-man?

If you take a look at his final list and then how we draft we tend to take the players he ranks highly. How have you liked our drafting so far?

I'm fine with his rankings usually, but I have Chych over Tkachuk, and Nylander, and Juolevi.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

May I ask why?
Tkachuk is great and all but I see him as a product of his team mates.

I'd take Chych over Tkachuk because it's not to often that a physically mature 17 year old franchise two-way defencemen is present in a draft. Ekblad and Doughty being the last two. Good wingers are typically a dime a dozen in most drafts. Chychrun could very easily step into our 3rd pairing next season IMO. Tkachuk would be a number of years away from making the roster. I also think Chychruns impact on an NHL roster would be much larger than Tkachuks.
Tkachuk may be a great winger but IMO Chych is the type of defencemen you build a team around.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Three things I want with our first. I want a highly rated, big D (RHD or LHD no matter). I don't particularly want a winger (C is preferable). And if the kids anything like his dad, I don't want a Tkachuk

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
My top 10:

Matthews
Puljujarvi
Laine
Chychurn
Nylander
Tkachuk
Juolevi
Gauthier
Dubois
Sergachyov

I really think there is a nice mix in the top 10-15, meaning that there will be many risers and sliders so picking 5-8 may not be a big deal as you could get an Ehlers. But pick top four would be unreal.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If you look at current standings and use those as the lottery picks.
Columbus snags Matthews and says "RyJo who?"
Then you have Buffalo, Edmonton and Toronto. Chych likely doesn't make it past any of those 3 teams.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Then you have Buffalo, Edmonton and Toronto. Chych likely doesn't make it past any of those 3 teams.

D are notorious sliders. Give us pick 5 and he`s likely still there. If not, Juolevi is fine too.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

I think Buffalo and Edmonton pick it up going forward. Especially with McDavid coming back for the Oilers. Toronto and Columbus definitely look to be bottoming this year. But yeh, if a couple of those teams have a chance at a D, I think they take him. If I'm Edmonton, I take a D no matter what even if I have to trade down. I find a way to make sure a D is the BPA.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Perhaps if we snag another 1st, we can select childhood buddies Chyckrun and Brown.

Chyckrun is that top pairing LHD we so desperately need for the future and Brown might slot in as a big 6'6+ C for battles in the Central. Plays with Lemiuex now in Windsor.

Everybody comes away happy. :D

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Who you want to slide to us 7,8,9? I agree that a good will be there.

Tbh I couldn't tell you. I don't really follow the draft close enough during the season. But I expect Chyc to slid. Seems to happen to these defensemen high in the draft. The Finns won't slid though so you're top 3 is likely Matthews, Laine, and Pujwhatever in some order(right now). After that things will get interesting. Also hoping we take a long look at Julsomething. I like these LH euro defensemen that are known for their smarts and skating. It's certainly going to be fun as usual.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Chych could slide but I just don't see it. D often slide but going from 2 to below 5 doesn't happen very often if at all lately. Doughty went 2nd, Ekblad 1st.
Jones and Hanafin both slide a bit but I think Chych has a higher potential than both of them. I see him going top 3.
At the #2 spot I imagine Buffalo, Toronto, Edmonton, maybe San Jose, Winnipeg, Vancouver all could very likely take him just as much as they could take one of the Finns.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I've read some very positive reports about big LHD Sergachyov (Windsor). Sounds like he could be a great partner for Trouba or Myers. I loved Juolevi at the WJHC, too. I think the Jets will end up with a good player with or without a big tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad