2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
i honestly wouldn't be surprised if this team does better then last year
not to be a debbie downer but this team will compete

the new lotto system will help though

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Let me be the first to mention this prospect here. Watch for Max Jones in 2016.
I think Mess beat you to it. :D

Looks like a good one, and it's not too hard to believe he could be right in our range if everything goes as we expect (which of course, it won't!).

hdtrax

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if this team does better then last year
not to be a debbie downer but this team will compete

the new lotto system will help though

Our current roster looks like this:

JVR-Bozak-Lupul
Panik-Kadri-Parenteau
Winnik-Holland-Komarov
Sill-Spaling-Arcobello
Bailey/Carrick

Reilly-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Polak
Marcinin-Robidas
Hunwick/Brewer

Bernier
Reimer

You honestly think this will be a "better" team than last year's?

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

JVR-Bozak-Lupul
Panik-Kadri-Parenteau
Winnik-Holland-Komarov
Sill-Spaling-Arcobello
Bailey/Carrick

Reilly-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Polak
Marcinin-Robidas
Hunwick/Brewer

Bernier
Reimer

i wouldn't be surprised
last years team had talented players but wasn't a team
chemistry and system can do a lot...especially when the bar is not being bottom 5 team in the league

timlap

Jun 19, 2002

JVR-Bozak-Lupul
Panik-Kadri-Parenteau
Winnik-Holland-Komarov
Sill-Spaling-Arcobello
Bailey/Carrick

Reilly-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Polak
Marcinin-Robidas
Hunwick/Brewer

Bernier
Reimer

Remember how bad last year's team was? We're not talking about a high standard, here. :laugh:

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
they've upgraded the coach, the d and assuming chemistry and compete level
the biggest (only?) downgrade is Kessel to PAP

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
This team is going to be awful. Wouldn't be surprised if only one player breaks 50 points.

We will be in the hunt for a top five pick. We'll also have 14-15 picks in this draft With a real shot at finding some impact players.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think Mess beat you to it. :D

Looks like a good one, and it's not too hard to believe he could be right in our range if everything goes as we expect (which of course, it won't!).

Didn't see it in this thread. I will confess I have never seen him play. But was told to keep an eye out for him next year. ;) Max Jones. Name even sounds like a good hockey name.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
SO EXCITED for all the OHL talent this year! I got seasons for the Knights, get to watch Marner, Jones and Tkachuk all year!

If Jones is as good as I have heard, he may be on our radar next year. Leafs eyes on Marner will know this guy. Well we already know Hunter likes Knights players.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
If Jones is as good as I have heard, he may be on our radar next year. Leafs eyes on Marner will know this guy. Well we already know Hunter likes Knights players.

He might be. I still think Logan Brown needs to be our target (assuming we're not in the top 3). He's got the size, wheels, and skills to be absolutely dominant at the next level. Jones would be fine with a 6-10 pick though. Sokolov also interests me a great deal.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
My Top 30 right now, in alphabetical order:

Jake Bean - D
Kieffer Bellows - C
Tyler Benson - LW
Logan Brown - C
Jakob Chychrun - D
Kale Clague - D
Sean Day - D
Alex Debrincat - C
Pierre-Luc Dubois - LW
Carter Hart - G
Julien Gauthier - RW
Carl Grundstrom - LW
Brett Howden - C
Max Jones - LW
Olli Juolevi - D
Chad Krys - D
Patrik Laine - RW
Max Lajoie - D
Adam Mascherin - C
Auston Matthews - C
Michael McLeod - C
Alexander Nylander - W
Nick Pastujov - D
Jesse Puljujarvi - RW
Taylor Raddysh - RW
Brandon Saigeon - C
Dimitry Sokolov - C
Sam Steel - C
Matthew Tkachuk - LW
Riley Tufte - LW

Assuming most of these guys show progression (probably not), there's a lot of intriguing possibilities. We are already likely to come away with 3 of these guys, but man I'd really love to add another pick or 2 in the top 45 of this draft, which I think can be better than this year's draft (outside of McDavid). Some of them are smaller (Debrincat and Mascherin especially), but there's a lot of skilled size in this draft, plus they're still just 16/17 and can grow by a few inches before the draft, and another inch or two after.

One of my favourites who hasn't been discussed much is Saigeon, who I think can be the next Monahan, a good skating 2-way scorer down the middle with a bit of size. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Carter Hart drafted higher than we've seen a goalie drafted for a while, he put up almost identical numbers to Price in his Draft -1 year.

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
I think Tkachuk will be the better Knights rookie. He's a chip off the old block.

As long as he doesn't show up at camp overweight :P ha i joke :) remember his father coming back after the 2004 lockout and his crazy weight gain.

Also above someone listed Bozak as the #1 center.. Do you really think Bozak slots into the #1 center role without kessel on the team?

It's Nazem Kadri without a doubt. they'll give Bozak PP time and enough time to show him off to another team if he's not moved before the season starts but he's no longer the #1 in toronto with Kessel

hdtrax

they've upgraded the coach, the d and assuming chemistry and compete level
the biggest (only?) downgrade is Kessel to PAP

makes a pretty big difference. Parenteau gone at deadline, same with Arcobello and anyone else not in the plans of the team.

Babcock is good but not a miracle worker. It'll be a rough year and mgmt is planning on being bottom 3 next year. The team will be worse, especially once Bozak is traded and the d is cleared out as well (although Phaneuf likely stays).

brettzz

Jul 20, 2014
I'd rather have chychrun than matthews tbh even if matthews is better probably because im an idiot

we'll see how things shake up over the season though, a lot can change

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm not sure who I'd rather us get. Will have to see how the season starts out.

Obviously we could use a great center prospect like Matthews or going for help on the blueline would also be greatly important.

But could end up around the 5 spot so will have to see who shakes out in terms of holding those spots. So much tends to change over the course of a draft season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad