Prospect Info: 2016 Draft | Trading Down From #4 Less Likely Now According to Stauffer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CdnFan

Apr 9, 2016
Pulju would be a dream come true....such a perfect compliment to McDavid.

I'd probably order a Pulju jersey on the spot....

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Could see Arizona trading up to no.3 and drafting Tkachuk.

Oilers grab Puljujarvi at 4, Canucks take Dubois at 5, Calgary takes Nylander at 6 and Columbus takes Brown at 7.

It would be interesting to see what the Jackets and Yotes could agree to. The Jackets would definitely be interested in Hanzal...

Maybe something like Hanzal and no.7 for K. Rychel and no.3??? More needed from Arizona I'd think. Not enough for me to pass on Puljujarvi, but who knows what CBJ are thinking.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Arizona is desperate for defensive prospects. Literally their whole pipeline is forwards coming up in the next couple years. I'd be shocked if they traded up for the sake of a feelgood story.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
What are the chances that the Oil view Sergachev as a RD? He's LH but he has shown he can and will play RD, and if I'm not mistaken I think he plays RD almost exclusively? If they do then I think that increases the chances we take him.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Could see Arizona trading up to no.3 and drafting Tkachuk.

Oilers grab Puljujarvi at 4, Canucks take Dubois at 5, Calgary takes Nylander at 6 and Columbus takes Brown at 7.

It would be interesting to see what the Jackets and Yotes could agree to. The Jackets would definitely be interested in Hanzal...

Maybe something like Hanzal and no.7 for K. Rychel and no.3??? More needed from Arizona I'd think. Not enough for me to pass on Puljujarvi, but who knows what CBJ are thinking.

Given how Brown is a monster, a center, and how he improved and shot up the rankings this year ... he will go a lot higher than anyone expects.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Arizona is desperate for defensive prospects. Literally their whole pipeline is forwards coming up in the next couple years. I'd be shocked if they traded up for the sake of a feelgood story.

They have 3 top 4 dmen age 26 or younger, and one of them is easily in the top 10 in the league. I'm not sure they're desperate just yet. Say Yandle goes back this summer. Suddenly the top 4 is set long term. There's no need to panic

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
If I made the pick and Top three shakes down as expected. I take Brown at 4.

The Hockey News has Brown at 14, citing his reluctance to shoot, and physical weakness. That's not a great combination for our team. He'd still be on the board at 10, I'd bet.

And if we're trading down, give me Julien Gauthier or Jake Bean. I want a goal-scorer. Pretty passers can dry up on their way to the bigs, but goals are gold. Give me the greedy shooters.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
The Hockey News has Brown at 14, citing his reluctance to shoot, and physical weakness. That's not a great combination for our team. He'd still be on the board at 10, I'd bet.

And if we're trading down, give me Julien Gauthier or Jake Bean. I want a goal-scorer. Pretty passers can dry up on their way to the bigs, but goals are gold. Give me the greedy shooters.

Sorry but THN is trash. Brown is a risk pick for sure but reward would be Jumbo Joe type.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Law of averages says that Russia has to produce some #1D sooner or later :sarcasm: It's been a long time since Markov and Gonchar. I'd say Provorov and Serg are the next 2 so draft Serg and pray. If we don't get a 1D we are ****ed to try and win the cup. I still think maybe Klef can be that but we need a second chance. There's a decent chance we pick 15+ for the next while.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Law of averages says that Russia has to produce some #1D sooner or later :sarcasm: It's been a long time since Markov and Gonchar. I'd say Provorov and Serg are the next 2 so draft Serg and pray. If we don't get a 1D we are ****ed to try and win the cup. I still think maybe Klef can be that but we need a second chance. There's a decent chance we pick 15+ for the next while.

Sergachev and Paygin :naughty:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If Pulju somehow falls in our laps at 4, I'd be working the phones like crazy to wheel the pick + for D.

4th OA (Pulju) + Nuge for Faulk + 13th OA

Canes reunite Pulju with Aho, who already have great chemistry together, and gain a guy in Nuge who would be their 1C. We get a top pair RH PMD on a beauty contract which is excellent from the point on the PP. At 13 we take Charlie McAvoy.

With McAvoy in the fold, I'd then pitch him + Eberle for Hamonic. NYI get an overpayment type package that includes a local talent (McAvoy), Oil get a shutdown RHD also on an excellent contract.

At 32 the Oil take McDavid's buddy DeBrincat and bring him along slowly, giving him ample time to develop physically (could end up similar to MSL).

Still have 4 picks from 63-93 to play with.

D would look like

Sekera-Faulk
Klefbom-Hamonic
Nurse-Davidson

Dream scenario in that it requires Pulju to fall to 4, but I think the trade values are realistic.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
I wish someone would make a trade already for the #3 so we are assured of getting Puljoi. Then we can finally put all this draft speculation to bed.

I'll be in my bunk if you need me... :naughty:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I'd rather sign a free agent or trade for a 3rd like centre. I don't have any desire to draft one in the top 10.

Me neither. We're pretty stacked at C. You only need 2 and we have 3.

If Puljujaarvi is gone, Sergachev has to be our "draft for need" pick. Big, tall, tough, and plays the right point on the power play. Actually looks like he's good enough to dominate on his off side.

Last edited:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I think I missed something. If the Oilers finished second last in the league, why are they picking 4th overall, not 2nd overall (if Toronto won the lottery and finished dead last to begin with)?

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
I think I missed something. If the Oilers finished second last in the league, why are they picking 4th overall, not 2nd overall (if Toronto won the lottery and finished dead last to begin with)?

This year, the top 3 picks were all won by lottery. Every team that didn't make the playoffs were entered into 3 separate lotteries and the chance of winning increased with how low in the standings that team was. Since the Oilers didn't win any of the three lotteries, they were dropped to 4th as that's the highest non-lottery position.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
This year, the top 3 picks were all won by lottery. Every team that didn't make the playoffs were entered into 3 separate lotteries and the chance of winning increased with how low in the standings that team was. Since the Oilers didn't win any of the three lotteries, they were dropped to 4th as that's the highest non-lottery position.

i see. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad