Prospect Info: 2016 Draft | Trading Down From #4 Less Likely Now According to Stauffer

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
With Dubois's limited experience at center and a skillset that's more suited to the wing, I wouldn't be projecting Dubois as a center just yet.

I am split on this issue with dubois. he played like a centre at the prospects game and was the standout (tkachuk was one of the best there too). Dubois definitely was the dominant player. his defensive plays were great and the winning goal was all him on both sides of the puck.

yes small sample size where I would normally say to not even think of him as a centre. but at the prospects game against the very best of his age he dominated and also looked good through the end of the season.

I think you can see him as a centre.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I dont see us taking Brown. Most of the Brown talk is probably Chiarelli boosting Brown to play mind games with Columbus. If Brown is the guy they want (other than JP), then thats smart to do. You dont want them trading down to 6 and allow Calgary to move up. Basically you say, "if you trade down past 4 you risk us picking your guy, so trade down to 4 is all you get"

Tkachuk is the guy all the media heads are saying Oilers will take. I have yet to see an Oiler insider say anyone else. Tkachuk was a perfect fit for Marner and I bet Chiarelli is drooling over thought of transferring that to McDavid

Tkachuk-McDavid could/will be a dominate combo, could be best duo in league. And then Hall-Drasaitl is 2nd line, but in reality would be one of better 1st lines in league

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
With Dubois's limited experience at center and a skillset that's more suited to the wing, I wouldn't be projecting Dubois as a center just yet.

Dubios played about half games this year at center and when he switched to center his scoring really rose. There was a quote from him somewhere (dont have it handy) in which he said he saw himself as a center at NHL level but would be ok with moving to wing

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Dubios played about half games this year at center and when he switched to center his scoring really rose. There was a quote from him somewhere (dont have it handy) in which he said he saw himself as a center at NHL level but would be ok with moving to wing

Didn't he say at the combine he was most comfortable on the wing but he would play whatever position the team that drafted him thought was best.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Didn't he say at the combine he was most comfortable on the wing but he would play whatever position the team that drafted him thought was best.

I thought it was center but maybe im remembering it wrong. Either way, if hes a full time winger it fits for us. If hes a full time center hes more valuable

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I dont see us taking Brown. Most of the Brown talk is probably Chiarelli boosting Brown to play mind games with Columbus. If Brown is the guy they want (other than JP), then thats smart to do. You dont want them trading down to 6 and allow Calgary to move up. Basically you say, "if you trade down past 4 you risk us picking your guy, so trade down to 4 is all you get"

Tkachuk is the guy all the media heads are saying Oilers will take. I have yet to see an Oiler insider say anyone else. Tkachuk was a perfect fit for Marner and I bet Chiarelli is drooling over thought of transferring that to McDavid

Tkachuk-McDavid could/will be a dominate combo, could be best duo in league. And then Hall-Drasaitl is 2nd line, but in reality would be one of better 1st lines in league

Tkachuk is the guy Chiarelli wants, but the scouts are high on Brown.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
watch cbj make a cap dump trade with arizona for the tkachuk pick. arizona gets some marketability and cbj doesn't get crushed by their own stupid decisions. orchestrated by the league who gives zero ***** about canada of course.

leaves us with pulju i guess.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
watch cbj make a cap dump trade with arizona for the tkachuk pick. arizona gets some marketability and cbj doesn't get crushed by their own stupid decisions. orchestrated by the league who gives zero ***** about canada of course.

leaves us with pulju i guess.

Clarkson + 4th for 7th, leaving us to draft Puujarvi!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

It was indicated that he "prefers" center but also wanted to point out he has played primarily as a winger.

He was stressing the winger part of his game I think because the interviewer mentioned that the Oilers might be looking for a winger...

I can't remember the details but I thought it was something towards that.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
It was indicated that he "prefers" center but also wanted to point out he has played primarily as a winger.

He was stressing the winger part of his game I think because the interviewer mentioned that the Oilers might be looking for a winger...

I can't remember the details but I thought it was something towards that.

"I can be anyone you want me to be baby, just show me the money"

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

yes that is what he said, he said he had only played a little bit of C and if he was to play in the NHL his skillset translates better to being a winger.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I could quite easily see Brown going #3.. and certainly could see him going #4.

If you are a team looking for a big (actually huge) skilled C... you have to have this guy on your radar... and I would think even conservatively at least half the teams in the NHL would be very interested in that type of player.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
If Pulju fell to us at #4, what a gift from the Hockey Gods.

A RW with his skillet, pretty easy decision. You sprint to the stage and give 97 his Finnish RWer. It would take an outstanding offer to move from #4 if Pulju was available.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Tkachuk is the guy Chiarelli wants, but the scouts are high on Brown.

If any of that is true, I hope Chiarelli goes with his guy. There hasn't been all that much turnover within the Oiler scouting ranks to suggest that he should be deferring to a group with such a poor track record over the last decade.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if his brother is the one making the push for Brown, considering he is the OHL guy. Not that it inspires much confidence, he was part of the bruins scouting staff that contributed to one of the worst drafting teams in the NHL.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I have this feeling that the flames will move up to 3rd to draft tkachuk and leave us with pulji. Chia's cell phone is going to explode the second the flames leave pulji available at 4.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I have this feeling that the flames will move up to 3rd to draft tkachuk and leave us with pulji. Chia's cell phone is going to explode the second the flames leave pulji available at 4.

Probably no more than Kekalainen's with the 3rd.

If Puljujarvi falls to 4 I think Chiarelli will be too busy putting his "I <3 Jesse" shirt on to answer the phone.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.

don't count out Dubois just yet! and i wouldn't be surprised one bit if Cal Gary takes Brown at #6.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Doing a quick search on it, I found out Chychrun is actually SOAFO*, so ya'll shouldn't be counting him out just yet.

*Son of a Former Oiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad