Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Condra would be better than Kelly and if we only have to pay half his contract then why not. It has the potential to be a very minor upgrade but an upgrade is an upgrade

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I prefer Pyatt's game to Condra, he's a bit faster and equal if not better along the boards, plus he scores one once in a while, I still remember Condra missing wide open nets. He was a good player though but we don't really have space for him. Actually we would but forget about Neil being scratched I highly doubt that will happen, even if our 4th line is ineffective.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
To Tampa Bay:
Andrew Hammond

To Ottawa:
Erik Condra

The Bolts will likely lose Vasilevskiy/Bishop to trade, expansion, or FA before the start of next year. The Sens have an extra goalie, and could stand to shake up their 4th line. Tampa clearly doesn't want Condra, Ottawa clearly doesn't want Hammond. Both could sort of use the opposing teams player, but neither can really afford to add such a player unless they unload their own cap casualty.

Thoughts?

Not really interested in Condra, but he'd be better use of our money as 13th forward than Hammond is as our 3rd goalie.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I want an impact player. I don't care what it costs.

Landeskog or Duchene please.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Not really interested in Condra, but he'd be better use of our money as 13th forward than Hammond is as our 3rd goalie.

We would also save about 150000, the only defense I can see regarding Hammond.. is in scenario that something unforeseen happens and we lose both Andy and Condon for whatever reasons around playoff time.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I want an impact player. I don't care what it costs.

Landeskog or Duchene please.

I have a feeling that PD is going great pull the trigger for one of them. It's going to hurt like hell and the deal will be talked about for a long time. The Avs are in the driver's seat.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I have a feeling that PD is going great pull the trigger for one of them. It's going to hurt like hell and the deal will be talked about for a long time. The Avs are in the driver's seat.

Whos he gonna ship out?
If we held on to zibanajad, we could've packaged him plus a higher pick for a better player than brassard:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Whos he gonna ship out?
If we held on to zibanajad, we could've packaged him plus a higher pick for a better player than brassard:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

It is already stated that the Avs are looking for a young defenseman. Zibby alone wouldn't have gotten either one of Duchene or Landeskog.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Pyatt is a better version of Condra.

We don't need a 12th F we need a top 9er like Vrbata.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well, who are we thinking of trading White/Brown for? If it's for a top line player, and the team values both prospects, then obviously I trade Brown cause of his bust factor. White's already gonna be a player soon while Brown is gonna be a player in 3 years and may be a top liner at that. Might as well get Brown soon and help in White too.

What are you talking about? You say we are gonna make playoffs with our current roster but then you say we can trade Pyatt and we're basically no worse for wear?

You do realize Pyatt has more points than our entire 4th line combined right? He is 4 points away from superstar Bobby Ryan. He is 4th in the team in SHTOI per game. Our Pk is 11th which is enormous improvement over last year and he plays a big part.

Who do you honestly think is gonna replace Pyatt's value to this team internally? I get afraid when Lazar gets injured cause we dont know whos gonna replace him let alone Pyatt loool.

Yes, I do think this team would see a minimal loss with Pyatt not playing.

This team falls in love with literal dime a dozen players. Pyatt is the new Condra.

If you think having Pyatt play or not is the difference between the playoffs and not over the next 40 games, I respectfully disagree.

I know I'm in the minority, and that's fine. It's a moot point as it won't be happening anyways. We're bound for another ****** pick and quick exit, rinse and repeat.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The team is not going to spin it's wheels and pick-up Condra. Jesus Christ, we just like driving in quicksand. Rehash things over and over doing nothing for the present or future.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The team is not going to spin it's wheels and pick-up Condra. Jesus Christ, we just like driving in quicksand. Rehash things over and over doing nothing for the present or future.

I would settle for any moves that make our 4th line less of a liability. Not saying that is where improvements should begin and end.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The team is rolling along... I really don't think we are moving Ceci. Not saying I wouldn't just saying I don't think the Sens will unless its a sure fire plus.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
young top 4 defencemen might just be the most valuable commodity in hockey. I think maybe a clear cut young 1C is valued higher but not sure anything else is.

Eberle is a good player. Fits in most top 6s around the league. But for those thinking we'd need to add a few pieces to acquire him if Ceci is in the package - well I think you might be over valuing on one end and under valuing on the other. Look at the recent Hall for Larson deal. All the bad press aside do you think Edmonton would redo that trade? I know Ceci is less in stature than Larsson but Eberle isn't Hall either. Apart from that I doubt Edmonton is looking for more young D at this point

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
The thing is our team is kinda good this year, but our 4th line is useless. Now it's not a HUGE factor because of the time they spend on the ice but if we could get a top 9 winger for depth and drop a few players down a peg I think we'd be a pretty good team. The thing is, as a team, we should manage Neil and Kelly's games but (not saying it's bad) as a team we have a very loyal organisation. Neil will never sit but this line is really useless. I still think Neil is useful in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad