Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I'd easily do a Lazar/Duclair swap, but I really think that our management will give Lazar next season to try and turn his game around (and partly so they can save face on what looks like another poor first round draft choice).

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Anothony Duclair just got sent to the minors. trade lazar for him, he's being misused in Arizona. Both are real good players they just need a new start... clean slate.

Sorry why would Arizona do this? He had 20 goals 44 points just last season....a poor 40 games this season doesn't mean they give up on him and ship him off for a significantly worse player with bottom 6 upside in Lazar

Arizona isn't winning anything anytime soon, they're doing what we should have done with Lazar and letting him cook a bit in the minors.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Any love for Vrbata as a rental? They were talking about him during the intermission. He has bonus clauses based on each round of the playoffs that his team plays, which apparently can screw up teams with cap issues. Stick him on our 3rd line and move Pyatt to Neil's spot.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Any love for Vrbata as a rental? They were talking about him during the intermission. He has bonus clauses based on each round of the playoffs that his team plays, which apparently can screw up teams with cap issues. Stick him on our 3rd line and move Pyatt to Neil's spot.

I wouldn't want to spend assets on rentals.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Incoming panic trade with the recent MacArthur news

I don't know about that. I think Dorion and Boucher are on the same page as to what type of players fit into the system, when bocuber said 'speed, speed, speed' in his first press conference it was also a culture change announcement. I think they know what type of players they want, and I'm confident Dorion will get the right guy.

That being said, I think with the Mac shutdown news we need a top 6 and a bottom 6 guy now, so I'm ready to trade some assets to add to our present day lineup. I want to see what Boucher can do with a solid top and bottom 6 that's well balanced and has more speed and skill.

Top 6 - Landeskog, Tavares, E. Kane, P. Sharpe, Duchesne, Filpula, Killorn
Bottom 6 - Eaves, Stafford, M. Foligno, J. Nolan

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I don't know about that. I think Dorion and Boucher are on the same page as to what type of players fit into the system, when bocuber said 'speed, speed, speed' in his first press conference it was also a culture change announcement. I think they know what type of players they want, and I'm confident Dorion will get the right guy.

That being said, I think with the Mac shutdown news we need a top 6 and a bottom 6 guy now, so I'm ready to trade some assets to add to our present day lineup. I want to see what Boucher can do with a solid top and bottom 6 that's well balanced and has more speed and skill.

Top 6 - Landeskog, Tavares, E. Kane, P. Sharpe, Duchesne, Filpula, Killorn
Bottom 6 - Eaves, Stafford, M. Foligno, J. Nolan

I think our best bet is to wait till the college season ends then hopefully White can fill the bottom 6 roll. The top 6 one is going to be tough, a couple of the rentals might not be crazy expensive but we have no second to give away.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So can anyone confirm if the Sens will be paying macarthur for the rest of the season or are they still bsing tight lipped about it

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not sure if I have the details right, but Vrbata's contract is heavily bonus-laden.
for every round o the playoffs he gets too, it's another $250,000

Yeah it only has cap implications for next season, but the sens arent a cap team its a good fit in my opinion.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Incoming panic trade with the recent MacArthur news

I don't think Dorion realistically was banking on Mac coming in and being a huge piece to improve this team. Maybe there was more optimistic signs behind the scene, but he'd have to be a moron to expect a guy who has barely played NHL hockey for almost two seasons to come in and be anything more than a 4th liner initially. Look at how much missing part of the pre-season seemed to effect Stone early on, and that was just part of the pre-season.

I think the team is the farthest point away from a panic trade. We're sitting in a really solid spot in the Atlantic. Outside of parts of the Toronto game (although we still outplayed them) we have played really good hockey against some top teams since coming back from the extended break. Dorion clearly wants to add, but he has also commented on how high the asking prices have been. There certainly should be pressure on Dorion to succeed, but with the positive position the team is now I can't imagine that pressure leads to a panic trade.

My prediction, we go bargain bin shopping late at the deadline when prices smooth out from certain teams holding on to guys too long.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't think Dorion realistically was banking on Mac coming in and being a huge piece to improve this team. Maybe there was more optimistic signs behind the scene, but he'd have to be a moron to expect a guy who has barely played NHL hockey for almost two seasons to come in and be anything more than a 4th liner initially. Look at how much missing part of the pre-season seemed to effect Stone early on, and that was just part of the pre-season.

I think the team is the farthest point away from a panic trade. We're sitting in a really solid spot in the Atlantic. Outside of parts of the Toronto game (although we still outplayed them) we have played really good hockey against some top teams since coming back from the extended break. Dorion clearly wants to add, but he has also commented on how high the asking prices have been. There certainly should be pressure on Dorion to succeed, but with the positive position the team is now I can't imagine that pressure leads to a panic trade.

My prediction, we go bargain bin shopping late at the deadline when prices smooth out from certain teams holding on to guys too long.
Pretty much what I would expect from the team .We arent going to move one of the prized kids for 2 years of Duchene

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So can anyone confirm if the Sens will be paying macarthur for the rest of the season or are they still bsing tight lipped about it

I think someone in another thread has said that insurance covers 80 percent of Mac's contract. Not sure what the source is so take it with a grain of salt.

Assuming he retires, and or it is covered throughout the rest of his contract. That would mean instead of being on the hook for 4.75M it would put the Sens on the hook for only 950k starting next season for the last 3 seasons of his deal. There are cap ramifications to LTIR as well, but they likely won't apply to the Sens since we're not a cap team anyways.

So for the Sens, obviously it is a raw deal because Mac was one of our best forwards. But if 80 percent is indeed covered, the salary ramifications don't seem to be crippling.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
listening to the presser looked like brennan asked him the question about insurance and dorrion dodged it.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Ok if Duclair isn't happening then I'm all in for HANZAL or POULIOT. those two seem to make sense for what this team needs

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
listening to the presser looked like brennan asked him the question about insurance and dorrion dodged it.
Even if its not covered ,that money should be made available anyhow.Not anybodies fault Macarther cant play,EM has to know that there is always a risk that he may have to spend more than he wants at times :nod:

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Smith-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Hanzal-White
Paul-Pageau-Pyatt

though I still want Duchene/Landeskog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad