Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I will give up some assets for duchene.

I want landeskog on a steal though. Probably the only way I would take him. Overrated.

Duchene though is a real asset to have. Can play wing. And is simultaneously probably our best center.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Yeah that is crazy to offer for Landeskog. To me a fair offer for him would be 1st + Brown or something. I know he will go for more. He has the intangibles that people covet and he is gritty. But if I was a Sens fan I would be pissed if my team traded Chabot or White in a package for Landeskog.

For Duchene I would do it (trade one of Chabot or White). Not for Landeskog

But we all value different things and see players differently so have to respect one another's opinions

p.s. My value of Brown may be way off. I haven't seen him play since last year in the OHL and at that time I saw the potential but also saw the flaws....I wasn't the biggest Brown fan at the time so that might be clouding my judgment with my offers

I think Brown might be a tricky asset to value if you believe what the characterization guys like Jeff Marek were giving to him as a pick at the draft where he is a boom or bust guy who teams were afraid to have drop to them because they didn't want to be the ones to make the choice on him. The type of pick that makes teams either look like geniuses for getting him at 11, or like idiots for using such a high pick on him with.

I would assume that White might be our more desirable centre prospect right now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm glad to see more people coming around to Duchene vs Landeskog. Duchene and Stone would rip it up.

It would take including Chabot to get him , he aint going to come cheap. But they want over payment for either one.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
speed is becoming a factor in this league and Duchene fits that bill more than Landeskog

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I can't imagine, if he had a choice, that Tavares would go from a franchise with ownership issues to another franchise with "interesting" ownership.

As a rule players don't read forums or even watch sport shows most of what people say about Melynk is just on forums and much of it is made up or twisted.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
As a rule players don't read forums or even watch sport shows most of what people say about Melynk is just on forums and much of it is made up or twisted.

The limited spending isn't though.. If Tavares wants to leave wouldn't he rather go to a team that is either near a cup or a team that is actually willing to spend to get better?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The limited spending isn't though.. If Tavares wants to leave wouldn't he rather go to a team that is either near a cup or a team that is actually willing to spend to get better?

Ever since these runoured or whatever have popped up about melnyks spending. I can't really think of any time he withheld cash that would have improved the on ice product.
Melnyk would fork over he money for a guy like Tavares. I have zero doubt.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Fom the Citizen
COLUMBUS – The Ottawa Senators have bolstered their team off the ice.

The Senators have hired Shiv Raj, who worked in the Prime Minister’s office under Stephen Harper, as director of corporate development.

Raj will report directly to owner Eugene Melnyk and is responsible for working with corporations to try to grow the club’s business and brand.

Raj, who worked in the PMO from 2011-to-2015 as manager of tour and operations, will work with a team based out of Toronto.

Raj will try to build relationships with corporate clients that have their head offices based in Toronto.

‎”I am pleased to have Shiv join our corporate team to seek out and manage the many opportunities that comes before us. He is well positioned to succeed given his experience in operations and development,” said Melnyk in a statement.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Are there any concrete rumours stating that Dorion is looking at trading for Duchene or is this all speculation or wishful thinking?

With that said, I think he would be a perfect fit for this team. The speed in a potential line of Hoffman - Duchene- Dzingel would be out of this world.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Are there any concrete rumours stating that Dorion is looking at trading for Duchene or is this all speculation or wishful thinking?

With that said, I think he would be a perfect fit for this team. The speed in a potential line of Hoffman - Duchene- Dzingel would be out of this world.

I think there are a few media people stating that the Sens would have interest in either Duchene or Landeskog.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

I think there may have been rumours last year when Duchene was rumoured to be available.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ever since these runoured or whatever have popped up about melnyks spending. I can't really think of any time he withheld cash that would have improved the on ice product.
Melnyk would fork over he money for a guy like Tavares. I have zero doubt.

Well hemsky was one thing, the Alfie thing was another, most recently was zibby who the organization was very pleased with but was traded along with a pick just because of what he might want as a new contract. I'm sure there are more but I have a hard time believing that we will willing to spend that much money on one go. Especially when you realize we could be a much better team if we spent a little bit more for good depth, let alone 7-9 million for Tavares

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
We could have packaged Zibanejad to get Duchene. Smh Dorion.

Zero way to know that, especially when the Avalanche are rumoured to be asking for a young defender. Odds are they'd want Chabot whose value is likely sky high at the moment coming off of his WJC performance over Zibanejad.

It is also sort of farfetched to expect a GM to hold off from making a move that makes sense just in case (insert random player here) becomes available.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Drew Stanford would be a nice low cost bottom 6 pick up for Ottawa. He's big. Makes $4 million so is a big price tag which will power his cost

Hoffman - Pageau - Stafford
Pyatt - Lazar - Neil

Win: Paul, 3rd round pick
Ottawa: Stafford

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
We could have packaged Zibanejad to get Duchene. Smh Dorion.

Duchene wasn't available in the summer. Brassard was. That's Dorion's fault?

Drew Stanford would be a nice low cost bottom 6 pick up for Ottawa. He's big. Makes $4 million so is a big price tag which will power his cost

Pyatt - Lazar - Neil

I'd only be interested in this if Stafford signs an extension. I don't want rentals.

SameeTheSniper

Jun 15, 2016
Ottawa
Hypothetically, if we were to mortgage the future, who would be the more significant add to the team: Tavares or OEL?

OEL has 2 years left and we'll assume JT signs an extension.

Chabot + White + piece
OEL

Top 2 defenseman like OEL dont grow on trees, and defense does win u championships

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa
OEL

Top 2 defenseman like OEL dont grow on trees, and defense does win u championships

The Penguins just won a cup with Ian Cole, Justin Schultz, and Ben Lovejoy in their D-core....Maatta was hurt too. Defense does help but OTT has a star defender, and as much as OEL is a phenomenal player, in OTT's case Tavares is the better play here....

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hypothetically, if we were to mortgage the future, who would be the more significant add to the team: Tavares or OEL?

OEL has 2 years left and we'll assume JT signs an extension.

Chabot + White + piece

Chase whoever becomes available. I'd prefer Tavares but either of those guys become available you go after them full force. They'll make our team a contender either way.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Anothony Duclair just got sent to the minors. trade lazar for him, he's being misused in Arizona. Both are real good players they just need a new start... clean slate.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Pyatt - Lazar - Neil

That's way too much Stafford. I'd only offer a 3rd rounder, if that. There are better options out there.

Anothony Duclair just got sent to the minors. trade lazar for him, he's being misused in Arizona. Both are real good players they just need a new start... clean slate.

I'd do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad