2016-17 roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
We can all guess what we want to be the lines but the problem is we are not the Coach or GM.What players do you think are for sure players on next years roster?Players you know wnt be traded or sent down.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Burmi with Dano featured a 54.6% Corsi. That's extremely good. That's as good as Thorburn is bad. I think they shouldn't be split up.

I also think that Connor should not be in the top 6. The reason for that is he'd be with Stafford most likely and I think that's a really bad idea. Stafford gets buried much too easily in our zone.

Here's my lines:

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Perreault - Little - Stafford
Connor - Burmistrov - Dano
Lowry - Copp - Armia

Of course this is just to start the season. I could see Connor getting some PP time. We usually use four forwards on the first unit anyways. I could also see Connor in the top 6 during some games. But not to start the season. I also see that 4th line getting a larger role than any of our 4th lines in the past 5 years. Which is what we call "depth"

Ehlers Schiefle Wheeler
Laine Little Stafford
Connors Copp Perrault
Armia Lowry Dano

Tap tap

Done!!!!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Laine/Scheif/Ehlers
Connor/Little/Wheeler
Perreault/Lowry/Burmistrov
Petan/Copp/Armia

Trouba/Buff
Enstrom/Myers
Morrissey/Hamonic

We somehow manage a trade,( maybe a second team gets involved) with Snow, getting Hamonic using our other 1st, next years first, Stafford for salaries and an expiring contract, and a prospect.

I like your top six, Im feeling Wheeler and Little together again. My bottom six changes by the hour, right now I think:
Petan MP Dano
Burmi/Lowry Copp Armia

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Wheeler,Scheifele,Ehlers,Little,Stafford,Perreault,Lowry,Thorburn,Byfuglien,Enstrom,Myers,Stuart,
Trouba,Pavelec.Im not the decision maker but that is who I feel will still be on next years Roster.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Top six:
Laine/Connor-Little-Wheeler
Laine/Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers

I think they should split Ehlers/Wheeler in the top six (puck carrier and table setter), and put Connor/Laine with the other (goal scorer and feaster). This also lets you split the rookies, but "shelter" them by keeping them with good linemates (QoT is bigger factor than QoC).

Third Line

Perreault-Burmistrov/Petan-Dano

Honestly, time to move on with Stafford. The Jets ran Perreault-Burmistrov-Dano and together they were honestly good enough to be a second line on most teams (64% Corsi and 67% expected Goals). Would dominate as a third line. Switching Dano for Stafford scares me. If Petan is able to take a top9 C role in the NHL, you replace Burmi with him. If not, he's the first call up with any C injuries to slot in 3C. The Jets are deep enough team that size will not be an issue.

Fourth Line

Best of rest.

Fourth line, you just take the cream of the crop between the rest (Lowry, Copp, Armia, Lemieux, Lipon, De Leo, Petan, Thorburn*).

* lol

Defense

Trouba-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot/Morrissey-Postma
Chiarot - Stuart

If Morrissey is ready, he's ready and Chiarot and Stuart shouldn't be regulars when everyone is healthy.
If not, it's okay.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Top six:

I think they should split Ehlers/Wheeler in the top six (puck carrier and table setter), and put Connor/Laine with the other (goal scorer and feaster). This also lets you split the rookies, but "shelter" them by keeping them with good linemates (QoT is bigger factor than QoC).

Third Line

Honestly, time to move on with Stafford. The Jets ran Perreault-Burmistrov-Dano and together they were honestly good enough to be a second line on most teams (64% Corsi and 67% expected Goals). Would dominate as a third line. Switching Dano for Stafford scares me. If Petan is able to take a top9 C role in the NHL, you replace Burmi with him. If not, he's the first call up with any C injuries to slot in 3C. The Jets are deep enough team that size will not be an issue.

Fourth Line

Best of rest.

Fourth line, you just take the cream of the crop between the rest (Lowry, Copp, Armia, Lemieux, Lipon, De Leo, Petan, Thorburn*).

* lol

Defense

Trouba-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot/Morrissey-Postma
Chiarot - Stuart

If Morrissey is ready, he's ready and Chiarot and Stuart shouldn't be regulars when everyone is healthy.
If not, it's okay.

I think you are pretty bang on.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I personally disagree with lots of people on the board and think that the top line should stay the ESW line. The second line should be Dano/little/Perrault
The third line should be Connor/Petan or Perrault/ Lainie.
The fourth Line should be Burmi/Copp/ Lowry/Armia/Lemieux.
I think Connor and Lainie would benefit from playing with Petan who is faster as well as being a better passer than Little. Little is more of a shoot/pass player well Petan is a pure passer. That works much better with two snipers on the wings.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Top six:

Third Line

Fourth Line

Best of rest.

* lol

Defense

Trouba-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot/Morrissey-Postma
Chiarot - Stuart

If not, it's okay.

If Petan isn't ready to play 3C, he could also play 3LW with Perreault at 3C. I expect those 3 players to mesh well (including Dano).

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Here is my guess as of today:

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Burmistrov-Perrault-Dano
Lemieux-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Thor

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Postma
Chiarot

Helly
Pavs

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would even rather see Lanie and Connor with Perrault than Little as Perrault is a better playmaker.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
I personally disagree with lots of people on the board and think that the top line should stay the ESW line. The second line should be Dano/little/Perrault
I think Connor and Lainie would benefit from playing with Petan who is faster as well as being a better passer than Little. Little is more of a shoot/pass player well Petan is a pure passer. That works much better with two snipers on the wings.

Where is Stafford?

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Here is my guess as of today:

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Burmistrov-Perrault-Dano
Lemieux-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Thor

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Postma
Chiarot

Helly
Pavs

I think Burmi should play C if possible. When those three were together before it was:
Perreault-Burmistrov-Dano

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Stafford like many people suggest should be gone as he is too slow for the rest of the team. If they insist on keeping him.
ESW
Perrault or Dano/ Little/ Stafford
3rd line CP(etan)L
4th line Burmi (they love his penalty killing) unless they insist on keeping Thorburn, Copp and Armia/Lowry/Lemieux

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think what our line-up looks like at the beginning of the season will look a lot different by the end if the season. We're having trouble slotting all our young guys in, and think trading established players is the way to solve this. I don't think that happens this off-season, but we may jettison some during the trade deadline. Maybe some rock stars like Conner don't make it right away and get some initial seasoning in the AHL. Flooding the team with inexperienced players may not be the ideal way to move this team forward.

OK, here is where I think we'll start the season with:

Ehlers Schieffle Wheeler
Laine Little Stafford
Perreault Petan Armia
Lowry Burmistrov Dano
Thorburn

Jets struggle with some growing pains and become trade deadline sellers, trading: Stafford, Burmistrov, and Perreault (he becomes a UFA...if we keep him, do we really want to hold back other players at this point?)

End of year line-up:

Ehlers Schieffle Wheeler
Laine Little Armia
Conner Petan Dano
Lemieux Lowry Tanev
Thorburn

2017-2018: Bye-bye Peluso, Thorburn and Pavelec.

I'm not sure about the bolded. There will certainly be a price to pay for all the inexperience. Some people seem to be assuming that all of last years rookies will hit the ground running this year. Most of them are still inexperienced players. If we give them all prime rolls and then add several more rookies we are going to be in the lottery again. But then you assume that anyway even moving a little slower so why not go all in?

The only reason would be that some of them are not ready and might be damaged in some way by being rushed. The 3 most prominent likely rookies are Connor, Laine and Morrissey. I could probably add Petan to that list. All are eligible for the A this year so we don't have to worry about 9 game trials and sending them back to junior. Expect them to struggle a bit. If they are struggling too much send them to the Moose like we did with Petan last year.

I've been pushing to trade Stafford sooner rather than later. Not because I don't like Staff. I do actually. But his particular set of warts makes him hard to fit into the lineup. But in trying to fit everyone in 2RW hasn't naturally been filled by someone else so I am coming around to keeping him until the TDL. If someone other than Ehlers can take 1LW then Ehlers can move to 2RW and I am back to trading Stafford as quickly as possible.

I agree with your direction of very different looking lineups at the beginning and the end of the season but I'd make a couple of changes to yours:
Ehlers - Schieffle - Wheeler
Laine - Little - Stafford
Connor - Perreault - Dano
Lowry - Burmistrov - Armia
Thorburn
If Connor has trouble go to your way. Bring in Petan to the 3rd line, either C or LW. OTOH if Laine has trouble Petan might fit that spot.

End of year line-up:
Connor/Laine - Schieffle - Wheeler
Laine/Connor - Little - Ehlers
Petan - Perreault - Dano
Burmi/Tanev/Lowry - Lowry/Copp - Armia/Lipon
Thorburn
Harder to be firm about the year end but there are lots of options. Some of them might have been thinned out at the TDL.

A lot of posters are being pretty quick to let go of MP. I want to extend him. He is a smaller, less robust but more offensive Frolik. He can play any position, any line. He sets a great example for the kids. The whole team plays at a higher pitch when he is on the ice and he is good in all 3 zones.

Last edited:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Ok was daydreaming at work today and came up with:

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Stafford
Connor Petan Laine
Lowry Copp Armia

Burmistrov and Dano? not sure.

Trouba Buff
Enstrom Myers
Morrisey Chiarot

Helle
Pavs

That's a playoff team imo ^

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Pretty much what I had. I think that would be a great line-up just wonder what happens with Lemieux. Would love them to package up Dano Chicago Pick for a third line defenseman to replace Chariot if Morrissey is ready. Slash give them some depth at the blue line.
Biggest impact player? Helly. If he has a set back like Hutch they are in trouble if he comes out like everyone expects them to. Huge contenders.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I think some are a little over valuing Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler as a trio due to a 106.50 PDO.

I thought they were good (52% Adjusted Corsi), but I've seen much better top lines for the Jets and really don't think Ehlers and Wheeler are best fit for each other.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Laine/Scheif/Ehlers
Connor/Little/Wheeler
Perreault/Lowry/Burmistrov
Petan/Copp/Armia

Trouba/Buff
Enstrom/Myers
Morrissey/Hamonic

We somehow manage a trade,( maybe a second team gets involved) with Snow, getting Hamonic using our other 1st, next years first, Stafford for salaries and an expiring contract, and a prospect.

Good D if a little expensive despite friendly contracts from both Myers and Hamonic. How the **** do we protect 5 of them from expansion draft?

That is one **** of a price you are paying. Are you sure that is only Hamonic you are getting?

With all those resources in play surely we could find a LHD somewhere. One young enough to be exempt from the expansion draft.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think some are a little over valuing Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler as a trio due to a 106.50 PDO.

I thought they were good (52% Adjusted Corsi), but I've seen much better top lines for the Jets and really don't think Ehlers and Wheeler are best fit for each other.

Do you think Maurice will start the season with ESW? I'm pretty sure he does.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Top six:

Third Line

Fourth Line

Best of rest.

* lol

Defense

Trouba-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot/Morrissey-Postma
Chiarot - Stuart

If not, it's okay.

The only thing I would change is to swap the order of the top 2 lines - like it matters. :)

Some of those 4th line decisions might be made by who needs waivers and who doesn't or by who gets traded, if anybody.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Disagreement is permitted. :) But be prepared to defend yourself. :laugh:
Keeping ESW together has certain merits.
Your second line has both wingers on the wrong side.
I have 2 problems with your 3rd line. We have been told by several posters who claim to know his game well that Laine is much better on the left so I think we should leave him there. I know Connor has played some RW but I don't know how successfully. I also don't think it is a good idea to ask rookies to start off by changing sides. And then that is a lot of inexperience on one line, especially if Petan is the C. Using Perreault there helps. The 4th line, as Garret said - best of the rest. Look for the best possible PKers there. Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad