2016-17 roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm less opposed to trading Stafford than I was an hour ago. Still don't like the idea of thinning our scoring depth BEFORE the expansion draft which will thin our scoring depth further.

Signing Stafford for 2 years was brilliant (if he score about 20 goals this year).
Just in time for the transistion.

Jawafa

Jul 30, 2007
Manitoba
Next years line up will be different once Stafford is gone

ESW
Laine/Little/Armia
Connor/Perreault/Stafford
Lowry/Copp/Thorburn

I like this one. Keep stafford for a year to mix in some grit and experience in with all the young guns. Dano/Petan as injury callup for top 6 and hopefully Lemieux for the 4th line and thats nice depth

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Stafford Little Laine
Connor Perrault Petan
Dano Lowry Armia

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015
Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Perrault Little Laine
Connor Petan Dano/Armia
Lowry Copp Armia/Dano

Bye-bye Stafford and Burmi at the draft for some help on D. Probably prefer Burmi to Lowry but the coach and management love them some Lowry.

Just beyond pumped right now. I was so close to tearing down the street nude while screaming at the top of my lungs.

I agree. With a #2 overall pick, it gives management a lot more room to start unloading forwards or even some picks for building up the D pool. Stafford and Burmistrov are the two most easily expendable and replaceable pieces. I like Perrault but with his upcoming FA status, he could become tempting.

Then again, there is no guarantee that Laine is going to have any impact in Year 1. The only #2 overall in recent years who made any impact was Eichel and Laine is not quite that level. Tyler Seguin didn't do much as a rookie and another highly regarded Finn, Barkov, didn't hit his stride until Year 3. Penciling him as a Top 6 guy right away may be a bit ambitious.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
LAINE..PETAN .....CONNER :yo::handclap:

the Moose starting line.:sarcasm:

I am looking forward to the Young Stars tourney in Penticton

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Revised lineup with Laine in the NHL cause why not

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Laine
Connor Burmistrov Dano
Lowry Copp Armia

Enstrom Buff
Trouba Myers
Chiarot Postma

Thorburn, Tanev and Stuart will be in the mix too I think. Wouldn't be suprised to see Petan and Morrissey at some point either.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
E - S - W
Connor - Little - Laine
Petan - Perreault - Dano
Lowry - Copp - Armia

Trouba - Buff
Enstrom - Myers
Morrissey/Stuart - Postma

Edit: maybe that third line is too small, but feisty and soo skilled with Dano crashing the net

Whileee

May 29, 2010
E - S - W
Connor - Little - Laine
Petan - Perreault - Dano
Lowry - Copp - Armia

Trouba - Buff
Enstrom - Myers
Morrissey/Stuart - Postma

Edit: maybe that third line is too small, but feisty and soo skilled with Dano crashing the net

You realize your line-up has 9 forwards that are age 23 and younger. Impressive. It's a "process".

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think Laine might be better as a LW:

ESW
Laine Little Stafford
Connor Perreault Armia
Petan Burmi Dano

:yo:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Laine might be better as a LW:

ESW
Laine Little Stafford
Connor Perreault Armia
Petan Burmi Dano

:yo:

Laine can probably play both wings, and I would expect that the Jets try him on both sides.

As a young 18 year old, I think we should expect that Laine won't start on one of the top two lines to start. I also wonder if the Jets might now go more with a 3a and 3b line-up.

I'm going to shake things up a bit, remembering that Maurice was trying Lowry at C and Little at RW in training camp last season.

1. Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler (this is still a "thing").
2. Perreault-Lowry-Little (strong line that can handle tough match-ups)
3a. Connor-Burmi-Armia (plenty of D, with a bit of flair)
3b. Petan-Copp-Laine (good balance and lots of skill - Petan-Laine combo)

Armia, Copp and Burmi with lots of PK time.

Connor, Laine and Petan with PP time.

Here's the fun part....

PP1: Ehlers, Scheifele, Wheeler, Perreault, Buff
PP2: Little, Connor, Laine, Petan, Trouba/Myers

PK1: Lowry, Burmi, Trouba, Chiarot
PK2: Copp, Armia, Buff, Enstrom

Luck of Duck

Jan 20, 2013
I'm just looking at these forwards and thinking that our coach is Paul Maurice. Not that I would think he's bad coach, or anything like that, just that... isn't he know for he's "one goal per game" strategy? I mean, fans from Carolina will most likely see the humor in this paradox - coach telling this kind of group, with their offensive talent flying out of the wazoo, that all the team needs is good defensive game and just one goal.

I'm just looking at the line-ups and suddenly they seem good to me... :nod:

At that is regardless who we (get to) choose of the top trio. But, IMO, with Laine there would be the largest number of juicy pairings/lines.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think that if we keep Staff for this year we will start with this.

Ehlers Scheif Wheels
MP Little Staff
Connor Burmi Laine
Lowry Copp Dano
Armia

If Staff gone then bump up Laine, Dano and Armia one spot each. Petan finishes the year here somewhere on this roster, just not sure where yet. And if Lowry starts slow Lemieux is waiting in the wings.

And I have this feeling that Burmi and Staff could both be gone this summer to make room, and that means Lowry or Copp centreing the third line. OR
Ehlers Scheif Wheels
Connor Little Laine
Petan MP Dano
Lowry Copp Armia

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Not sure how I feel about both Connor and Laine making the team next year. We went with a youth movement last year (Ehlers, Copp, Petan, Chiarot, Armia, Dano, etc) and ended up being a worse team.

Connor should start in the AHL for sure. Laine could use some time in the AHL to adjust to the North American game, but I don't see that happening after being drafted #2 overall.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Not sure how I feel about both Connor and Laine making the team next year. We went with a youth movement last year (Ehlers, Copp, Petan, Chiarot, Armia, Dano, etc) and ended up being a worse team.

Connor should start in the AHL for sure. Laine could use some time in the AHL to adjust to the North American game, but I don't see that happening after being drafted #2 overall.

Laine was playoff MVP in a league arguably better than AHL. Both guys are ready. There may be some growing pains but Ill enjoy every minute of it, both finish year in top 6.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
We really need to start using our young forward currency to trade for a LHD. It's pointless having them on the fourth line.

This is what Chevy said years ago. Once we have a glut at a position, we can use that to upgrade other positions via trade.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
We really need to start using our young forward currency to trade for a LHD. It's pointless having them on the fourth line.

This is what Chevy said years ago. Once we have a glut at a position, we can use that to upgrade other positions via trade.

We're fine right now with enstrom trouba jmo playing left side. What's wrong with actually having a good fourth line. In a couple years I think they may add one via trade using some prospects as pieces, but now I think we're okay.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Stafford Little Laine
Connor Perrault Petan
Dano Lowry Armia

This right here. Love this. Dano, Lowry, Armia, should not be on the third line until they earn it. Plus that makes a great 4th line. Interchange Burmi, and then play whoever deserves it. Hate seeing lines with people putting Lowry on the third line. He has done nothing to deserve it. Armia needs to be more consistent imo to earn more time. Shown flashes of brilliance.

Following year Connor moves up and hopefully one of the fourth liners step into the third line.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
With two potentially elite snipers now in Connor and (Laine - if we take him) it opens the door for a player with elite vision and passing skills to emerge as the set up man for these two guys for many years to come.
Winnipeg Jets fans, make way for the guy who is going to feed these shoot first players like a pro, the next Adam Oates... Nicolas Petan.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Laine can probably play both wings, and I would expect that the Jets try him on both sides.

As a young 18 year old, I think we should expect that Laine won't start on one of the top two lines to start. I also wonder if the Jets might now go more with a 3a and 3b line-up.

I'm going to shake things up a bit, remembering that Maurice was trying Lowry at C and Little at RW in training camp last season.

1. Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler (this is still a "thing").
2. Perreault-Lowry-Little (strong line that can handle tough match-ups)
3a. Connor-Burmi-Armia (plenty of D, with a bit of flair)
3b. Petan-Copp-Laine (good balance and lots of skill - Petan-Laine combo)

Armia, Copp and Burmi with lots of PK time.

Connor, Laine and Petan with PP time.

Here's the fun part....

PP1: Ehlers, Scheifele, Wheeler, Perreault, Buff
PP2: Little, Connor, Laine, Petan, Trouba/Myers

PK1: Lowry, Burmi, Trouba, Chiarot
PK2: Copp, Armia, Buff, Enstrom

I like the idea of balancing the youth with vets - one of the rooks with Little, the other with Perreault. Either that or load up the young skill on the 3rd line and give them a firm offensive zone push.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
With two potentially elite snipers now in Connor and (Laine - if we take him) it opens the door for a player with elite vision and passing skills to emerge as the set up man for these two guys for many years to come.
Winnipeg Jets fans, make way for the guy who is going to feed these shoot first players like a pro, the next Adam Oates... Nicolas Petan.

Connor-Petan-Laine makes me very happy

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011

I actually think our biggest need is an upgrade in the bottom pairing right side we have Morrissey and Chariot on the other side.Stuart has to go for us to be successful.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I actually think our biggest need is an upgrade in the bottom pairing right side we have Morrissey and Chariot on the other side.Stuart has to go for us to be successful.

Every time I go through the lineup it seems like one of Stu-Thor-Tony has to be sent down & the other 2 in the PB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad