2016-17 roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
ehlers...... Schiefele.......Wheeler

Conner....... A Mathews.....Little

Armia....... Burmistov......Perrault

Lowery........Copp......Lipon

Thorburn (13 th)

-Stafford traded for a 2 nd round pick at he draft
- Dano sarts with the Moose as he has 1 year remaining in his ELC
- Petan starts with the Moose 2 years left on his ELC
- Tanev starts with the Moose
- Lemieux starts with the Moose 3 years left in his ELC
- Kosmo-Chuk starts on the Moose 1 year left on ELC
- De Leo starts with Moose 2 years left on ELC

Defence
Buff....Trouba
Myers...Enstrom
Postma.....Morresay
Stuart...... Chairott

Hellybuck
Pav

Hutch traded at draft for a 5th round pick

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
ehlers...... Schiefele.......Wheeler

Conner....... A Mathews.....Little

Armia....... Burmistov......Perrault

Lowery........Copp......Lipon

Thorburn (13 th)

-Stafford traded for a 2 nd round pick at he draft

- Dano sarts with the Moose as he has 1 year remaining in his ELC
- Petan starts with the Moose 2 years left on his ELC
- Tanev starts with the Moose
- Lemieux starts with the Moose 3 years left in his ELC
- Kosmo-Chuk starts on the Moose 1 year left on ELC
- De Leo starts with Moose 2 years left on ELC

Defence
Buff....Trouba
Myers...Enstrom
Postma.....Morresay
Stuart...... Chairott

Hellybuck
Pav

Hutch traded at draft for a 5th round pick

I don't think Stafford garners a 2nd, maybe a 3rd

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
If Armia and Burmi are on our 3rd line, I don't like out chances of making the playoffs. We need to sign someone this offseason to a 1 to 2 year contact.

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-UFA
Connor-UFA-Stafford
Lowry-Copp-Burmi/Thorburn

Probably won't happen, but it would be nice

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Ehlers/55/Wheels
Connor/Little/?????
MP/Burmi/Dano
Petan/Copp/Armia

PB-Lowry/Thorburn

Traded-Stafford for whatever.

Hamonic-Buff
Enstrom-Meyers
Morrisey-Postma(I wish)

PB-Stu

Trouba gets traded for Hamonic and something (I would rather this didn't happen but feel it's likely)

Hellebyuck
Hutch

Buy out Pav (I wish again)

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If Armia and Burmi are on our 3rd line, I don't like out chances of making the playoffs. We need to sign someone this offseason to a 1 to 2 year contact.

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-UFA
Connor-UFA-Stafford

I think Armia makes the lineup just based on his strength as a penalty killer. Maybe over Thorburn or Burmi. Do you think Petan could centre that 3rd line effectively? I do. Interchangeable with Lowry too. As for free agent RWs maybe Boedker would be a nice acquisition, probably under $4 million, given he had a mediocre season but might be a very useful player here.

I think if we have 7 to protect for expansion it is our top 3 RHD, Wheeler, Scheifele, Little and either thst UFA or Lowry.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Based in the current and signed talent:
Ehler - Scheifele - Wheeler
Perreault - Little - Dano
Connor - Petan - Stafford
Thorburn - Copp - Armia

Obviously I'd rather see Lowry or Burmi over Thorburn - I just doubt it will happen.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Thorburn - Copp - Armia

Obviously I'd rather see Lowry or Burmi over Thorburn - I just doubt it will happen.

Lowry will be in the lineup, PoMo likes him even more than thor

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
Guys, does (nearly) everyone really want to split up that Petan - Copp - Armia line that badly?
I feel that, whether that line is 3rd or 4th is irrelevant. It's been producing points the last week or two. I don't recall how many points, but Copp has looked WAY more like an NHLer and less like a plug playing with those two. Eventually the lines should look like this...provided they produce like they had this year.

Ehlers - Scheif - Wheeler
Connor - Little - Stafford/Dano
Petan - Copp - Armia
Burmi - Lowry - Thorbs... until Maurice finds someone he likes more.

Defensively, I'm still learning what to look for, but this makes the most sense to me.

Trouba - Buff
Enstrom - Myers
Chairot - Postma

(am I allowed to hope that Stuart is in the press box and be realistic?)

Last edited:

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
Ehlers - Schiefele - Wheeler
Connor - Little - Stafford
Perreault - Burmi - Dano
Petan - Copp - Armia

PB
Lowry - Thorbs

Top line is obvious.
2nd line should get heavy OZ starts
Burmi and Dano have shown chemistry, and MP fits on every line (could see him and Connor switched initially)
4th line has passed the eye test, not sure what the corsi #s say.

Trouba - Buff
Enstrom - Myers
Morrissey - Postma
PB - Chiarot

Helle - Pavs

Stu gets Harrison'd to the moose.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Perreault - Burmi - Dano
Petan - Copp - Armia

PB
Lowry - Thorbs

Top line is obvious.
Burmi and Dano have shown chemistry, and MP fits on every line (could see him and Connor switched initially)

Trouba - Buff
Enstrom - Myers
Morrissey - Postma
PB - Chiarot

Helle - Pavs

Not including a potential of a high pick, or trades, I like this lineup (minus Pavlec).

Stafford sticks out to me like a sore thumb, he's not quick enough to ideally play with those 2 guys and not great defensively, but there really isn't a better spot for him.

Add a high pick (if we get lucky), a guy like Lemieux (who I think is knocking on the door), and maybe a trade (Hamonic), and the lineup could be totally different. Plus, the Jets could also decide to spend a little on a UFA vet for the bottom 6 and the PK, and move a young guy like Petan back for another year on the Moose.

Last edited:

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
Stafford really is hard to slot, unless he can be moved at the draft, I don't see him fitting better anywhere else. Little's defensive acumen might help cover up for Stafford. Stafford and Burmi have been like oil and water, so that's not ideal.

The only thing that I'd love to change, but not sure how it would work, is to get Petan and Connor out there together (likely on the PP2). Petan's slick passing and Connor's shot seem tailor-made for each other. Don't really see Petan at centre though.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
We actually have so many forwards I have no idea what to expect in terms of lines next season :o

If I were to make a prediction. Petan starts back in the A. Copp, Armia, Dano all with the big squad. Hopefully Thorburn in the press box but I highly doubt it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Copp has shaken things up a bit with his late season performance. However, I also thought Lowry was pretty strong after coming back from the Moose.

Here's one projected line-up for the beginning of the season....

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Stafford
Connor-Copp-Armia
Petan-Lowry-Dano

PP1: Wheeler, Scheifele, Ehlers, Petan, Buff
PP2: Perreault, Connor, Little, Stafford, Trouba, Postma

Note that there's no Burmi. I'm not sure that's who will be the odd-player out. I think Copp and Lowry will be battling with Burmi for 3-4C. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they moved Stafford during the season to open up room on the roster.

If the Jets end up with a top-3 pick, I could see them moving a couple of forwards in the off-season (from among Burmi, Dano, Stafford and Petan).

Whatever way you look at it, they have a ton of forward depth.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We actually have so many forwards I have no idea what to expect in terms of lines next season :o

If I were to make a prediction. Petan starts back in the A. Copp, Armia, Dano all with the big squad. Hopefully Thorburn in the press box but I highly doubt it.

I agree. They are absolutely stacked. I think we might see them move one or two forwards, maybe to maneuver in the draft. That might also be necessary to protect players in the expansion draft.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-UFA
Connor-UFA-Stafford

Take a look at the UFA's who will be available. Eliminate all the really good ones. They won't sign for 1-2 years. What's left is probably no better than our own young players and would cost a lot more. Why?

I hope it won't happen. It would not be nice. Doesn't look near as good to me as lineups we can make up with what we have. I think you are way too negative about Burmi and Armia and you don't even mention Dano.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers/55/Wheels
Connor/Little/?????
MP/Burmi/Dano
Petan/Copp/Armia

PB-Lowry/Thorburn

Traded-Stafford for whatever.

Hamonic-Buff
Enstrom-Meyers
Morrisey-Postma(I wish)

PB-Stu

Trouba gets traded for Hamonic and something (I would rather this didn't happen but feel it's likely)

Hellebyuck
Hutch

Buy out Pav (I wish again)

Why? What makes it likely? Why are so many people trying to trade Trouba? Did I miss the comet landing on his head? WTH happened that all of a sudden we need to get rid of Trouba?

I sure hope it isn't because of his rumoured ask for his next contract. It doesn't matter if he asks for the moon as an opening bargaining position people! That's just negotiating. Ask for 7 accept 3. Never mind the fact that his agent immediately denied that there was any truth to the rumour.

All I can say is that if you are right and it happens the 'something' better be very, very big because Trouba is worth far more than Hamonic.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Why? What makes it likely? Why are so many people trying to trade Trouba? Did I miss the comet landing on his head? WTH happened that all of a sudden we need to get rid of Trouba?

I sure hope it isn't because of his rumoured ask for his next contract. It doesn't matter if he asks for the moon as an opening bargaining position people! That's just negotiating. Ask for 7 accept 3. Never mind the fact that his agent immediately denied that there was any truth to the rumour.

All I can say is that if you are right and it happens the 'something' better be very, very big because Trouba is worth far more than Hamonic.

The power of the interwebs - some writer somewhere penned that Trouba wanted a billion dollars a year or something like that. That his agent came out and said nuh-uh, we didn't say anything like that at all is completely and utterly irrelevant. It's TRUTH that Trouba hates Winnipeg now and it's because it's flat and cold and we won't pay him. It just continues to perpetuate itself even where people should really have more patience and possibly even know better.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Perreault - Burmi - Dano
Petan - Copp - Armia

PB
Lowry - Thorbs

Top line is obvious.

Trouba - Buff
Enstrom - Myers
Morrissey - Postma
PB - Chiarot

Helle - Pavs

This is basically perfect (although no way Stuart gets Moosed).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Thorburn - Copp - Armia

Lowry will be in the lineup, PoMo likes him even more than thor

I agree. I think Lowry is in the line-up for sure. Copp seemed the most at risk of this year's regulars to be demoted, and maybe he will, but he made a strong case for himself during the latter part of the season.

I think that the Jets will move one or two forwards this off-season. Candidates include Stafford, Burmi, Dano, Armia, Copp and Petan. I doubt they move Lowry or Lemieux. I think Maurice is a big fan of those two.

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
can anyone comment on the Petan/Copp/Armia line's fancy-stats over the last 10 games since they were put together? I'm struggling to find that info.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Ehlers/Scheif/Wheeler
Connor/Little/Stafford
Lemieux/Burmi/MP
Petan/Copp/Armia

Toby/Buff
JMo/Myers
Chiarot/Trouba

Then i guess we can worry about our draft pick when we figure out who that might be. If we don't get top 3, I'd like Chych, Dubois or Juleivi.

I really wish that when we draft someone as a C, they don't go on to play winger again. Hopefully PLD is a natural centerman. I'd really like someone large AND skilled for our 3C rather than having to choose between the two.

powder88

Nov 21, 2013

Thanks for this...very interesting. There were definitely times when this line had some monster shifts. Good to see that they outweighed any d-zone challenges. I would like to see more of this group next season to figure out if they just caught lightening in a bottle, or if there is something longer term there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad