Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v61) ALCS Gm 4: vs KC | Tues Oct 20 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Young vs Dickey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I think the point to be made though is that they are able to provide value in multiple ways (which they have been). Revere however has one way of providing value (speed on the basepaths), but the problem with him is that he hasn't been doing so in the postseason, and it becomes even more magnified because he is the leadoff hitter.

It's why we joke about "hitz".

Players provide production when they consistently get on base. Hitting cold streaks happen to the best batters in the game, but good approaches and plate discipline do not.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Easy fix...
you can only go to review if beating the tag or vice versa is in question.
If the player leaves the bag for a nano second, it should be the umps discretion, with no challenge allowed.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The thing about saying they need to be able to get back on balance after a slide with a little bit of a hop is fair, but Rios was way up in the air on that one.

He deserved to be out and got that right. Probably would have called him safe if it wasn't nearly as obvious though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't know what Reynolds and Joe Buck are on about. Tons of guys are able to pop up after a steal attempt without coming off the base. Just because a few guys have gotten used to that whole-jump pop-up or shuffle their feet like Rios did doesn't mean that holding the tag on them violates the "spirit of the rule."

These guys probably laugh themselves silly/giddy when someone pulls off the hidden ball trick, but how is that any less a violation of the "spirit of the rules/game" than this is?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
"The bag's right there."

Good argument Harold.

runner neighbourhood play :sarcasm:

I don't care for the spirit of the rule, you don't want to be out then slide so that you stay on the base. The base is your way to be safe, if you're going to be reckless and come off of it then you deserve to be out if they tag you.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Easy fix...
you can only go to review if beating the tag or vice versa is in question.
If the player leaves the bag for a nano second, it should be the umps discretion, with no challenge allowed.

What rule should there be when a batter sticks their bat in front of the catcher throwing the ball back "accidentally" ?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I find it hilarious that it's 2015 and Fox can't figure out a way to get back from commercial break without missing the 1st pitch of the current at-bat like 3/4s of the time.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Reynolds is a piece of work, but goes into some great detail on some things. But yeah, he just loves to jaw all night. Must be a hit with the ladies.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
I hate Reynolds. Basically saying since he was at the bag, he should be safe even if he wasn't touching.

****ing homer.
I don't think he dislikes toronto or really cares who wins, but it is pretty obvious he watches the games from kansas city's point of view

like the other inning he talked about how scary it is a 5 run lead is not safe against the jays, but it sounded less a typical token compliment and more like it was spoken by someone who was actually nervous the lead was not safe

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
I find it hilarious that it's 2015 and Fox can't figure out a way to get back from commercial break without missing the 1st pitch of the current at-bat like 3/4s of the time.

Its not fox tho. The Canadian commercials are handeled by Sportsnet. Sportsnet then has to switch back to the fox feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad