Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v61) ALCS Gm 4: vs KC | Tues Oct 20 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Young vs Dickey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The likelihood of Revere not providing value from singles/steals is really no more/less than Bautista not providing value from walks or Tulo at defense though.

It's not like Revere is going to lose his speed or his ability to put bat on ball over night.

My point wasn't about any of their ability, it was that they've literally beat themselves this series (and even nearly last series).

And what about when Revere gets caught? You can't add up singles and steals of 2nd and leaving getting caught at 2nd out. And as a Jay, he hasn't been stealing nearly as much.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The likelihood of Revere not providing value from singles/steals is really no more/less than Bautista not providing value from walks or Tulo at defense though.

It's not like Revere is going to lose his speed or his ability to put bat on ball over night.

My point wasn't about any of their ability, it was that they've literally beat themselves this series (and even nearly last series).

But when Revere isn't getting on base he's doing nothing to help the team because you have to get on base before you can use that talent to steal a base.

Whereas Jose even when he's in a slump and not hitting homeruns, driving in runs, he still will draw walks, because he has a good eye at the plate.

I think that was the point trying to be made.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
All of a sudden the score doesn't look that bad.
Down by 3 in the 4th.
Manageable. Especially with the Jays.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
But when Revere isn't getting on base he's doing nothing to help the team because you have to get on base before you can use that talent to steal a base.

Whereas Jose even when he's in a slump and not hitting homeruns, driving in runs, he still will draw walks, because he has a good eye at the plate.

I think that was the point trying to be made.

One and a half tools of baseball goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad