Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v39) Next: vs NYY| Mon, Sept 21| 7pm ET/4pm PT| Warren vs Price

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
You don't see an issue with a guy struggling as the season goes on and the games get more important? especially a young pitcher, and one who struggles to strike people out when he really needs outs with runners on? god forbid somebody questions any part of the team. I'd assume these are the same people who forbade any valid criticism of Tulowitzki?

It hasn't been an extended struggle. It's only been 3 appearances. Question all you want. Everyone is entitled. Just don't lash out when people discuss the merits of the topic.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
You don't see an issue with a guy struggling as the season goes on and the games get more important? especially a young pitcher, and one who struggles to strike people out when he really needs outs with runners on? god forbid somebody questions any part of the team. I'd assume these are the same people who forbade any valid criticism of Tulowitzki?

Except he's not struggling as the season's gone on. He's improved all season. He's hit a tough spot, but to call that "struggling as the season goes on" is an stretch.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Get out of here with your non-real fans BS... because 'real fans' don't get upset. Instead they're on HfBoards talking about how real of a fan they are, right? :facepalm:
I've noticed no one is allowed to complain about the Jays or Raptors except him.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
It hasn't been an extended struggle. It's only been 3 appearances. Question all you want. Everyone is entitled. Just don't lash out when people discuss the merits of the topic.

I didn't say it was an extended period. But i'd rather not see it become an extended period. The guy is clearly not a better pitcher than Cecil or Lowe right now. He can't get outs when he needs to and he can't get a no contact out when he needs to. Why force him into the 8th inning role? If he had been a stud in that role all season then that's obviously completely different because he'd have a proven track record but he doesn't.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Goins DP really really really hurts right now. He had a chance with the bases loaded with 1 out and hits into a DP

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Anyone annoyed that Osuna struckout Buchholz, but ump called foul tip. wouldnever have got on Base, and would never have seen 5 run rally. Game over.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
All Sanchez had to do was not give up a stupid amount of runs with 2 outs

All Dickey had to do was not give up that double to Holt.

All Gibby had to do was pinch run Pompey for EE when he was at 2nd.

All Gibby had to do was pinch hit Smoak for Goins.

All Osuna had to do was not give up that homer.

Yes, Sanchez had a bad outing. That's going to happen. But there were many other things that happened before Sanchez even entered the game that could've changed the outcome.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Looking at that replay, Ortiz hit a well located pitch on the outside corner down and away

The passed ball was a tough bounce.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

ahh the classic "it's not that my criticism is bad, it's obviously that nobody's allowed to criticize." defence.

The problem isn't that nobody wants criticism. It's that people aren't going to sit here and let others make criticisms that don't make sense, aren't true, or are somehow warped or distorted from reality. Allowing criticism doesn't equate to free reign to say whatever you want without counter-criticism.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Anyone annoyed that Osuna struckout Buchholz, but ump called foul tip. wouldnever have got on Base, and would never have seen 5 run rally. Game over.

It's because he fouled the ****ing ball off! They showed it in slow-mo and it very clearly was a foul ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad