Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v39) Next: vs NYY| Mon, Sept 21| 7pm ET/4pm PT| Warren vs Price

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
All Dickey had to do was not give up that double to Holt.

All Gibby had to do was pinch run Pompey for EE when he was at 2nd.

All Gibby had to do was pinch hit Smoak for Goins.

All Osuna had to do was not give up that homer.

Yes, Sanchez had a bad outing. That's going to happen. But there were many other things that happened before Sanchez even entered the game that could've changed the outcome.

Sanchez has had a few bad outings lately. He's been very mediocre.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Goins DP stick out to me, Osuna giving up the double to Holt stands out and the whole outing from Sanchez stands out to me...Yikes was he bad

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Sanchez has had a few bad outings lately. He's been very mediocre.

Every player goes through tough stretches. It's a part of the game. He's still young and learning, let's hope he learns from this and turns it around, which I believe he will do.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
ahh the classic "it's not that my criticism is bad, it's obviously that nobody's allowed to criticize." defence.

The problem isn't that nobody wants criticism. It's that people aren't going to sit here and let others make criticisms that don't make sense, aren't true, or are somehow warped or distorted from reality. Allowing criticism doesn't equate to free reign to say whatever you want without counter-criticism.

Did the Tulo apologists not make the exact same argument? the "oh it's such a small sample size, he'll be fine" spiel and apparently anyone was an idiot for wanting Tulo moved out of the leadoff spot just because he wasn't hitting for 2-3 weeks even though his timing looked awful and he wasn't making good contact. But no, obviously idiots because the sample size was small. Even though the signs were right and Tulowitzki still wasn't hitting well as the season went on.

At the end of the day the future will determine what the right move is. No point arguing about future events that none of us can predict. But Sanchez does not look like somebody who can be trusted to get a big out, or outs, in a big game at the moment, unlike Osuna who still looks solid even though he may have blown a save or two. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I'd like to say that I am not talking about blowing up the bullpen I just want Sanchez replaced with Lowe....which I wanted before the game.

Did you even notice that the plan today was not to use Sanchez?

He only came into the game after Osuna blew the game and gave up the homerun and Gibbons went to his best remaining arm.

The plan was: Lowe, Cecil, Osuna.

Sanchez came in only after that didn't work.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Osuna still been nails for us, just a few blips here and there.

I have lobbied for Lowe and Cecil over Sanchez for a while, though. For certain instances or in a fresh inning, Sanchez is fine, but he can't get swingthroughs. Can't rely on BABIP luck on grounders all the time.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
It's because he fouled the ****ing ball off! They showed it in slow-mo and it very clearly was a foul ball.

I have watched it a few times on double slow motion and there is no contact.

If only I could make a gif of it, it's clear that the swing goes right through.

I watching it as I write this.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

There was clearly contact... I'm guessing you totally didn't see the spin on the ball completely changing once it was about to pass his bat? That's a clear sign of contact.

I hate to say it, but it was the right call.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Did you even notice that the plan today was not to use Sanchez?

He only came into the game after Osuna blew the game and gave up the homerun and Gibbons went to his best remaining arm.

The plan was: Lowe, Cecil, Osuna.

Sanchez came in only after that didn't work.

I understand that, they were doing that because they wanted to rest Sanchez....not moving him from the role. Lowe,Cecil,Hendicks, and Osuna should all be going in high leverage situations before Sanchez.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Did the Tulo apologists not make the exact same argument? the "oh it's such a small sample size, he'll be fine" spiel and apparently anyone was an idiot for wanting Tulo moved out of the leadoff spot just because he wasn't hitting for 2-3 weeks even though his timing looked awful and he wasn't making good contact. But no, obviously idiots because the sample size was small. Even though the signs were right and Tulowitzki still wasn't hitting well as the season went on.

At the end of the day the future will determine what the right move is. No point arguing about future events that none of us can predict. But Sanchez does not look like somebody who can be trusted to get a big out, or outs, in a big game at the moment, unlike Osuna who still looks solid even though he may have blown a save or two. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

And then they moved Tulowitzki out of the leadoff spot and he went down to hitting 5th and nothing changed at all. Which lends more credence to the idea that this was just a slump and not indicative of him having problems hitting in certain spots in the lineup. An opinion that was at the heart of the argument for most people who you're calling "tulo apologists".

And cut the "tulo apologists" crap too. You can't keep coloring things as your opinion (which is right) vs other people who apparently in lieu of having their own, supported opinions are just "apologists" or "don't want people to be critical" or crap like that.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I was hoping for 2/3 against Boston anyway ... Just sucks to lose the one like this.

A win tomorrow and everything will be fine

Let's just hope the Mets can beat the Yanks tomorrow .. Let's blame Syndergaard for all of this too, he flopped against the Yanks today :sarcasm:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS

There's a fairly obvious change of direction. Which is due to it hitting the end of the bat.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The "real fan" crap stops now.

There will be infractions and threadbans for anyone that wishes to continue it. So just don't please.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
And that right there proves you are a part time front running Jays fan or a troll.

There's no point.

They have completely ignored that it has been Sanchez/Osuna in the 8th/9th since, oh I don't know, the run to first place began...

Just live with it man.

They blew their first game in months. It's the end of the world. Everybody should be fired...

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Hendicks with a K/9 over 9 and a BB/9 under 2 and a WAR of 1.5 working as a long man out of the pen or Sanchez who is striking out like 5 per 9 and walking 4.....Like it honestly isn't even close statistically.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Oh and Matt Boyd starts against KC tonight ... So it looks like all the young pitchers associated with the Blue Jays in recent years under AA's draft will hurt the team today.

Fire AA .. Amirite? :sarcasm:

mikebel111*

I apologize for it
Though its odd these people dont say a word when things go well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad