Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v18) Next: vs Min | Wed, Aug 5 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Duffey vs Hutchison

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

91Kadri91*

Lol, I think Donaldson deserves the MVP but to say Tex has no business being mentioned is Ludicrous, he has a lot to do with the Yankees being in 1st place

Deserves being mentioned? Absolutely.

Is a legitimate threat? Not at the moment.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I remember this as well. I swear the voters get together, toss back some shots and throw darts at a board blindfolded.

I can remember announcers during the game saying it was impossible to win a golf glove without having good offensive stats, because the writers that did the voting wouldn't know who those kinds of guys were.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
:skeptic:

Donaldson: 7 DRS; 6.2 UZR
Teixeira: 4 DRS; 0.9 UZR

Why do people keep throwing numbers around? Do you really think the sportswriters who vote on these awards pay any attention to such things? Teixsiera will have been seen more and is probably the better story -- former star having a comeback year.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
On the MVP thing, if David Price absolutely dominates and the Jays catch and pass the Yankees and win the division - you have to think he gets consideration.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Miguel Cabrera winning MVP twice over Trout is a joke in itself. Trout should have 3 by now.

Haha the timing of your post was perfect. Trout is, without a doubt, the best player in baseball. When his career is over he may be seen as one of the best all-time.

mikebel111*

Crazy how Bautista maintains more walks than strikeouts while being a huge power threat.

guy is an amazing hitter. Its kind of sad some use batting average to discredit players

and our other power hitter hits one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad