Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v18) Next: vs Min | Wed, Aug 5 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Duffey vs Hutchison

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Why do people keep throwing numbers around? Do you really think the sportswriters who vote on these awards pay any attention to such things? Teixsiera will have been seen more and is probably the better story -- former star having a comeback year.

They won't and that's a huge issue.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I can remember announcers during the game saying it was impossible to win a golf glove without having good offensive stats, because the writers that did the voting wouldn't know who those kinds of guys were.

Which is Derek Jeter in a nutshell. A great offensive SS, awful defensively. Consistently one of the worst in the league.

mikebel111*

EE might be the worst of our top 4, but he is a great hitter in his own right

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Hutch watching his run support like

giphy.gif

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So I know it wasn't on here but I called both EE's and Jose's homeruns out loud.

When Jose was hitting I said "Duffey has given up a homerun in every MLB inning he's pitched, he's due to give one up here"

When EE was hitting I said "the Jays are going in order. Tulo hit one yesterday, the Donaldson today, then Jose, and now it's EE's turn."

91Kadri91*

Why do people keep throwing numbers around? Do you really think the sportswriters who vote on these awards pay any attention to such things? Teixsiera will have been seen more and is probably the better story -- former star having a comeback year.

Some of them certainly do (those who know what they're doing).

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I remember the early 90's Blue Jays quite well, but these 2015 Jays look damn scary.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
They won't and that's a huge issue.

Only if you put any kind of real value on the MVP award. Frankly, I don't really care who wins any individual award in any sport. Winning a championship is the only award that has any real importance.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Which is Derek Jeter in a nutshell. A great offensive SS, awful defensively. Consistently one of the worst in the league.

He was the poster boy.

In earlier days it was Cal Ripken Jr. I remember he won a gold glove one year because he committed less than five errors (might even have been zero) and yet everybody with a brain knew he wasn't even remotely as close defensively to Tony Fernandez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad