Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v18) Next: vs Min | Wed, Aug 5 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Duffey vs Hutchison

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I didn't realize that.

The kid just seems like cannon fodder out there.

If the situation was reversed, I would prefer the Jays bring up a Doubront (who is now gone), Redmond or Wolf to get bombed in a game like this rather than a young rookie that has a future.

Ya, I don't even have any idea how good Duffey has been in AAA this year, too lazy to look.

You'd think they would have someone with more experience to go to, but their rotation isn't very good so perhaps not.

Either way, we did him a favor, he only has to pitch a few innings! Ha.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
well, he'll always remember it.

also I haven't posted this in a while for a Bautista HR.
BautistaStare.gif

also, did Buck just say he wrote that article? :laugh:

No, he didn't write it. Arden Zwelling did.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/inside-the-48-hours-that-transformed-the-blue-jays/

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
29 HR's and 76 RBI's in 73 less at bats than Donaldson, he is in the running.

I have Kipnis and Machado over Tex for MVP. Kipnis doesn't have the HR's, but he can flat out rip it and also plays good D at 2B. Machado is elite defensively and also has the power this year.

91Kadri91*

29 HR's and 76 RBI's in 73 less at bats than Donaldson, he is in the running.

If we're going to base candidacy entirely on offensive performance, then Nelson Cruz is a better option than Teixeira. Cruz has had the better season regardless, but he's been one of the five best offensive players in the league this season.

Trout, Donaldson, Kipnis, Machado and Cain have been incontrovertibly better this season; Teixeira has been great, but he's not (or shouldn't be) a legitimate MVP threat (Trout really should be the unanimous choice for the award) at the moment.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Lol, Tex has 5 Gold Gloves.

And he's great at first base, but in terms of position there isn't a deeper and weaker set of positions defensively than 3B and 1B in the AL.

Donaldson is going up against Beltre, Machado, Longoria, Headley, Lawrie, and Moustakas.

Teixeira has had to go up against Adrian Gonzalez and more recently Eric Hosmer.

Last edited:

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Lol, I think Donaldson deserves the MVP but to say Tex has no business being mentioned is Ludicrous, he has a lot to do with the Yankees being in 1st place

mikebel111*

This season
Donaldson 14 Errors
Tex 2 Errors

I am noticing you seem to be very wrongly critical about Jays stuff

sorry but I will take Donaldson and I don't think its close

Donaldson>Mark
even on D I take Donaldson

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This season
Donaldson 14 Errors
Tex 2 Errors

1 plays the hot corner with the best range for a 3B in the game. The other catches throws from other fielders. Errors are a terrible thing to measure the difference between the 2. There are far fewer balls hit to a 1st baseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad