OT: 2015 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
I can't speak for much else than Electronic Acts, but there is some solid dance music producers in this list. Ilan Bluestone, Porter Robinson, Paul Oakenfold.

Also excited for CHVRCHES.

Definitely excited for Porter if that list is true, missed his show at EY back in September and heard it was amazing. Oak is a legend who I've wanted to see for a while. Way before I got into EDM for what it is known now, I was enjoying his remix to My Love by Justin Timberlake lol.

I honestly I have no idea who Ilan Bluestone is though.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, FULL Flex Express (Diplo, Skrillex, Pretty Lights, etc) is a huge electronic booking, although not my cup of tea. They haven't booked as many EDM acts but solid ones. Add Ilan Bluestone to that list, check him out if you haven't heard of him.

I consider myself a huge EDM fan but more into the mainstream side, but I have no clue who FULL Flex Express is. Might be because I realllly don't care for trap, the only subgenre of edm I don't like. I thought Skrillex and Diplo were Jack U? They got another side project now too?

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
I consider myself a huge EDM fan but more into the mainstream side, but I have no clue who FULL Flex Express is. Might be because I realllly don't care for trap, the only subgenre of edm I don't like. I thought Skrillex and Diplo were Jack U? They got another side project now too?

Yeah, this Full Flex Express is Jack U touring with other Dj's as a group tour. But like I said, it's really not music I listen too.

Having followed the scene for the past 10 years, Oakenfold always gives good shows. It's looking like Ilan Bluestone will be opening for Paul Oakenfold so it would be a nice way to discover a new DJ. He's producing under the wing of Above & Beyond and has been releasing music on Anjunabeats for about 3 years or so....

Here he is live at A&B Group Therapy 100 (I was fortunate enough to be at the event):

littleD

Ottawa, March 23, 2015 — RBC Bluesfest organizers today announced the initial line-up for their 2015 program. Confirmed acts to date include: Alvvays; Al Wood and the Woodsmen; Antibalas; Arkells; Bahamas; Bella Cat; BlakDenim; Black Mountain; Blue Rodeo; Blues & Company; Bluestone & the Memphis Moonshine; Bobby Bazini; Bosveld; Brandon Allan; Brantley Gilbert; Brea Lawrenson Band; Buck N' Nice; Canned Heat; Chance the Rapper; Charles Bradley; Chvrches; Current Swell; Dallas Smith; De La Soul; Deep Purple; Donovan Woods; Drew Nelson; Dropkick Murphys; Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros; Failure; Family of the Year; FET.NAT; Flight Distance; Francesco Yates; FULL FLEX EXPRESS with Jack Ãœ featuring Diplo and Skrillex; Future Islands; G-Eazy; G.Grand; Gold and Marrow; Grime Kings; Hamish Anderson; Hat Fitz & Cara; Hawksley Workman; Hedley; HILOTRONS; Hoodie Allen; Iggy Azalea; Ilan Bluestone; Interpol; Jason Aldean; Joe Gaspar Band; John Butler Trio; Johnny Reid; Juan De Marcos & The Afro-Cuban All Stars; Jungle By Night; Kaleigh Watts; Keith Urban; K.I.D.; Kira Isabella; Langhorne Slim & the Law; Little Big Town; Logic; Lowell; Lowrider Band; Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real; Lurrie Bell; Lynne Hanson and The Good Intentions; Lynyrd Skynyrd; Marianas Trench; METZ; Milky Chance; MonkeyJunk; Mother Mother; Musk Ox; Myers Brothers Band; New Swears; Nick Moss; Nick Sherman; Operators; Parker Millsap; Paul Oakenfold; Pony Girl; Porter Robinson; Purity Ring; Richard Thompson; Rick Vito & The Lucky Devils with special guest Reese Wynans; River City Junction; Robyn Hitchcock; Ronnie Baker Brooks; Run the Jewels; Saint Clare; Kim Simmonds and Savoy Brown; Scott Helman; Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts; Shakey Graves; Silvergun & Spleen; Simple Plan; Skylar Spence; Tara Holloway; The 24th Street Wailers; The Black Lips; The Bros. Landreth; The Gaslight Anthem; The Glorious Sons; The Growlers; The Haig; The Jivewires; The Kinsey Report; The Lucas Haneman Express; The OBGMs; The Reverb Syndicate; The Tea Party; The Tragically Hip; The Visit; The Yips; Thrifty Kids; TJ Wheeler; Tribal Seeds; Walter Trout; “Weird Al” Yankovic; Willie Nile; and Winchester Warm.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/rbc-...bluesfest-lineup-announcement/877709728937862

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Really disappointing lineup.

I'm over in Victoria B.C and I used to live in Ottawa for several years but I came back for last years Bluesfest with Queens of the Stone Age, The Killers and Slash. There's no one worth making the trip on this lineup.

Not that I really want to go to Quebec City, but if the Foo Fighters and Rolling Stones are playing their music fest, it's an easy decision. I thought maybe they'd even get Billy Joel or even Soundgarden and Janes Addiction, but nothing.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

I'm over in Victoria B.C and I used to live in Ottawa for several years but I came back for last years Bluesfest with Queens of the Stone Age, The Killers and Slash. There's no one worth making the trip on this lineup.

Not that I really want to go to Quebec City, but if the Foo Fighters and Rolling Stones are playing their music fest, it's an easy decision. I thought maybe they'd even get Billy Joel or even Soundgarden and Janes Addiction, but nothing.

Its not the final line up and don't forget about Cityfolk.

littleD

Pretty much anyone on this years lineup is worth travelling to see over Slash. :D

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
July 15th and 17th are definitely the days to go.

Run the Jewels, Gaslight Anthem, Chvrches and Black Mountain.

The Hip, Dropkick Murphys, Purity Ring and Bahamas.

Those nights are about as stacked as any in years.

Will also make an effort to see Chance and Weird Al. More so Weird Al since I expect to see Chance at some other events this summer. Would like to see the Arkells but I've seen them so many times it'd be hard to justify going thag night just for them.

Hopefully Iggy Azalea doesn't make it to the country. I despise that women and her 'art'.

At least we ditched some of the rural pop, but unfortunately replaced it with frat boy brorape beats.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
The only bands I'm considering on going to are:

Charles Bradley and His Extraordinaires, Arkells, The Gaslight Anthem, The Tragically Hip, Dropkick Murphys, Bahamas, De La Soul, and Weird Al.

Charles Bradley is the 100%, I'm gonna be there. The others are maybes.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Hope there's more to come, only one that peaked my interest was Mother Mother.

Of course i do enjoy and look forward to the annual "lack of blues at Bluesfest/name change" debate amongst what i assume is mostly glebe residents.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If you haven't heard of the bands there and still claim it's ******, well then that's on you.

There are some pretty good acts there. Maybe not any massive headliners, but there are some great smaller ones.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
If you haven't heard of the bands there and still claim it's ******, well then that's on you.

There are some pretty good acts there. Maybe not any massive headliners, but there are some great smaller ones.

I know lots of the bands on the list and listen to all types of music. Still terrible.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
There are some good smaller bands playing, and a few that will probably surprise (I'm thinking Chance and The Reverb Syndicate, specifically.) But overall, I've seen most of the artists that would've interested me once upon a time. Those I haven't seen don't really do much for me. Overall, I'm pretty down on this year's lineup. But I can totally see why some people are more enthused about it and, hey, bully for them.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I know lots of the bands on the list and listen to all types of music. Still terrible.

I don't go in with the attitude that 'this better be the best lineup in the history of bluesfest' each year it's announced. It's 11 days of music in the middle of the summer at a beautiful location for $200. It's something I look forward to every year whether my favourite bands are playing or not. Theres a ton of options, if you hate every one you're better off sitting at home listening to obscure records

Last edited by a moderator:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I don't go in with the attitude that 'this better be the best lineup in the history of bluesfest' each year it's announced. It's 11 days of music in the middle of the summer at a beautiful location for $200. It's something I look forward to every year whether my favourite bands are playing or not. Theres a ton of options, if you hate every one you're better off sitting at home listening to obscure records

Oh please. Doesn't have to be the best lineup ever but this festival has nothing on rockfest or heavy montreal especially this year. Not worth the money with a weak lineup when other festivals around offer much more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad