OT: 2015 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Expect the Bluesfest line-up to be announced a week today, March 24th. Early bird tickets on sale within 1-2 days of that.

Bluesfest and Osheaga will be unveiling their lineups on the same day, crazy.

littleD

Osheaga has released a Road to Osheaga app that gives out some more lineup details. You can play on iOS devices today, and Android tomorrow. High scores get free tickets etc.

Some acts from a Montreal Gazette article I just read...

Florence + The Machine
The Black Keys
Ben Harper
Hot Chip
St. Vincent
Future Islands

And from what I`m gathering on twitter...

Tove Lo
Kendrick Lamar
Weezer
Alt-J
Of Monsters and Men

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Osheaga has released a Road to Osheaga app that gives out some more lineup details. You can play on iOS devices today, and Android tomorrow. High scores get free tickets etc.

Some acts from a Montreal Gazette article I just read...

Florence + The Machine
The Black Keys
Ben Harper
Hot Chip
St. Vincent
Future Islands

And from what I`m gathering on twitter...

Tove Lo
Kendrick Lamar
Weezer
Alt-J
Of Monsters and Men

Full list, with more to be unveiled next week:

Phase 1:

Florence and the Machine
The Black Keys
Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
Hot Chip
St Vincent
Future Islands
Chet Faker

Phase 2:

Alt J
Weezer
Of Monsters and Men
Kygo
Robin Schulz
The War on Drugs
Tyler the Creator
Tove Lo

Phase 3:

Kendrick LAmar
Caribou
Angus & Julia Stone
Charli XCX
Gary Clark Jr
George Ezra
A Tribe Called Red
Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas

Phase 4:

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Patrick Watson
Nas
Schoolboy Q
Oliver Heldens
Young the Giant
RL Grime
Broods

Phase 5:

Interpol
The Decemberists
Action Bronson
The Kills
Toro y Moi
Arkells
Bahamas

Phase 6:

Run the Jewels
MS MR
First Aid Kit
Twin Shadow
Brodinski
G-Easy
What so Not
The Rural Alberta Advantage

Phase 7:

Milky Chance
Christine and the Queens
Alvvays
Yung Lean & Sad Boys
X Ambassadors
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Viet Cong
Hermitude

Phase 8:

Father John Misty
Philip Selway
Dusky
Glass Animals
Gold Room
Young Fathers
Twenty One Pilots
Peking Duk

Phase 9:

Marina and the Diamonds
Daphni
Ten Walls
Shakey Graves
Sylvan Esso
Strand of Oaks
Lion Babe
Raury

Phase 10:

The Avett Brothers
Brand New
Klangkarussell
San Fermin
Anamanaguchi
Coasts
Nothing
Skylar Spence

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It's a stacked lineup but it's pretty similar to the one they had 3 years ago.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Do we know when the Bluesfest lineup will be announced? I've heard rumours that it will be announced this Tuesday, but don't know for sure. Anyone know?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Apprently the lineup leaked, seeing this get passed around on fb

http://www.soundcheckentertainment.ca/exclusive-2015-ottawa-bluesfest-lineup-leaked/

8 JULY 2015
FULL FLEX EXPRESS

9 JULY 2015
JASON ALDEAN
CHARLES BRADLEY & HIS EXTRAORDINAIRES, HOODIE ALLEN, KIRA ISABELLA, JUAN DE MARCOS & THE AFRO-CUBAN ALLSTARS, BOBBY BAZINI, RONNIE BAKER BROOKS

10 JULY 2015
CHANCE THE RAPPER
MARIANAS TRENCH, HAWKSLEY WORKMAN, KIM SIMMONDS & SAVOY BROWN 50TH ANNIVERSARY, PARKER MILLSAP, JUNGLE BY NIGHT

11 JULY 2015
IGGY AZALEA
PORTER ROBINSON, NAS, ALVVAYS, THE GROWLERS, SHAKEY GRAVES, FRANCESCO YATES, SKYLAR SPENCE, LUKAS NELSON & PROMISE OF THE REAL, THE KINSEY REPORT, FAMILY OF THE YEAR

12 JULY 2015
ARKELLS
WILLIE NILE, RICHARD THOMPSON, THE GLORIOUS SONS, TRIBAL SEEDS, THE OBGMS, HAT FITZ & CARA, STICKY FINGERS, PONY GIRL, JOE GASPAR BAND, SILVERGUN AND SPLEEN, THE VISIT, BOSVELD

14 JULY 2015
LYNYRD SKYNYRD
EDWARD SHARPE AND THE MAGNETIC ZEROS, JOHN BUTLER TRIO, FUTURE ISLANDS, BRANTLEY GILBERT, OPERATORS, METZ, ANTIBALAS, HAMISH ANDERSON, GOLD AND MARROW, THE HAIG, NEW SWEARS, THE LUCAS HANEMAN EXPRESS

15 JULY 2015
CHVRCHES
RUN THE JEWELS, THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM, BLACK MOUNTAIN, WALTER TROUT, FLIGHT DISTANCE, BELLA CAT, GRIME KINGS, CURRENT SWELL, WINCHESTER WARM

16 JULY 2015
KEITH URBAN
PAUL OAKENFOLD, MOTHER MOTHER, DALLAS SMITH, DONOVAN WOODS, BLUESTONE AND THE MEMPHIS MOONSHINE, ILAN BLUESTONE, LURRIE BELL, FET.NAT, HILOTRONS

17 JULY 2015
THE TRAGICALLY HIP
DROPKICK MURPHYS, PURITY RING, BAHAMAS, CANNED HEAT, LITTLE BIG TOWN, LOWELL, THE YIPS, DREW NELSON

18 JULY 2015
DEEP PURPLE
INTERPOL, LOGIC, MILKY CHANCE, G-EAZY, DE LA SOUL, LOWRIDER BAND, SCOTT HELMAN, BUCK N NICE, MYERS BROTHERS BAND, K.I.D., BRANDON ALLAN, MUSK OX, NICK MOSS, TJ WHEELER

I really like the rap acts they got this year, only problem is they seem pretty spread out across the different days and I'm not very interested in the other performers.

Cant' speak to how good this lineup looks but I am really impressed with the rappers they got, bluesfest is really upping their game.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If true, that's pretty good.

Very happy to see Chvrches there. Missed them last year at Osheaga. Just hope they aren't playing same time as Run the Jewels.

littleD

Weird leak.

Dates are different. Bluesfest site has always shown July 9-19.

Weird Al confirmed for July 19.

I listen to a lot of rap, but don't know Chance the Rapper very well. Big enough to be a nightly headliner?

I could see five nights out of that leak that I'm interested in, but not many headliners.

Also interested to see what the different tiered pricing for festival passes means.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Brutal list.

Was hoping for the Foo Fighters, based on their other your dates.

Only one I might see is Dropkick Murphy.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Weird leak.

Dates are different. Bluesfest site has always shown July 9-19.

Weird Al confirmed for July 19.

I listen to a lot of rap, but don't know Chance the Rapper very well. Big enough to be a nightly headliner?

I could see five nights out of that leak that I'm interested in, but not many headliners.

Also interested to see what the different tiered pricing for festival passes means.

ya Chance is definitely big enough. I'm pretty sure most hip hop fans know him pretty well, he was really popular in 2013 and he might have a bit of mainstream appeal because he was featured on a Bieber song.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
What a disappointment, no Foo Fighters either?....not impressed compared to previous years. Definitely won't be buying a pass this year.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
I can't speak for much else than Electronic Acts, but there is some solid dance music producers in this list. Ilan Bluestone, Porter Robinson, Paul Oakenfold.

Also excited for CHVRCHES.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
And looks like their 2-3 year run of having a solid EDM feature is officially. Porter Robinson is awesome and Paul Oakenfold is cool, but nothing massive.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
And looks like their 2-3 year run of having a solid EDM feature is officially. Porter Robinson is awesome and Paul Oakenfold is cool, but nothing massive.

Yeah, FULL Flex Express (Diplo, Skrillex, Pretty Lights, etc) is a huge electronic booking, although not my cup of tea. They haven't booked as many EDM acts but solid ones. Add Ilan Bluestone to that list, check him out if you haven't heard of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad