2015 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
i'd draft provorov myself.

strome
provorov
konecny

strome will probably be taken imo so i draft provorov and hope i can trade up for konecny

Provorov is one of my faves as well, but just feel like we desperately need a highly skilled #1 center more than a top dman.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
You'd think in this day and age, there would be some sort of supplement or something that would help boost the growth cycle a bit. I mean, we know any kind of growth on the pituitary (sp?) gland causes gigantism, so you'd think there would be a medical way to allow for some controlled growth.

Human growth hormones ? lol

Supplements you can by at the store will can certainly help you put on weight and probably help you grow taller.

Konecny was tops in off ice performance wasnt he? Seems like hes a guy who works out a lot but just doesnt get bigger I think he probably uses all the supplements you can legally buy at a store. Theres basically no junior hockey player that doesnt

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He got hurt with a nasty headshot back around November (?). 67s were also supposed to have a better supporting cast for him but that has fallen through a bit.

Really like our 67s kids in the prospects game. Gotta love those southpaw goalies.

One thing I've noticed about McDavid in the WJC and tonight...tries to be a little too fancy, and often loses the puck. Trying too much to put on a show.
He's better than everyone else. What else is he suppose to do. All the best players do to much. Except Crosby. Crosby is like unbelievably disciplined in his game. I dono if he was like that when was 17 though

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Human growth hormones ? lol

Supplements you can by at the store will can certainly help you put on weight and probably help you grow taller.

Konecny was tops in off ice performance wasnt he? Seems like hes a guy who works out a lot but just doesnt get bigger I think he probably uses all the supplements you can legally buy at a store. Theres basically no junior hockey player that doesnt

I don't think there's a supplement that makes you grow taller

BigBush*

Konecny would be awesome. It'd be cool to watch Zibanejad, Pageau, Lazar, and Konecny battling for center positions on the team

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'm becoming of the mind set that you don't draft a Dman in the top 10 unless he's a Doughty (Hannifin is that type). You go for skill up front.

Zibanejad's draft is an example of where this is not the case. A whole bunch of under performing forwards in the top ten outside RNH and Landeskog. I mean Brodin and Hamilton are already top pairing dmen

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I don't think there's a supplement that makes you grow taller

I dont know if there is or not i'm just saying there is probably products that claim they can and i wouldnt be surprised if theres some that might help. 100 percent certain theres ones that help you put on weight and muscle. I'd be surprised if konecny doesnt use the supplements that help put on muscle and weight. I think hes a guy who has trouble putting on weight similar to turris.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Zibanejad's draft is an example of where this is not the case. A whole bunch of under performing forwards in the top ten outside RNH and Landeskog. I mean Brodin and Hamilton are already top pairing dmen

There are obviously exceptions to the rule, like in a draft that is heavy with top end D talent. Most drafts arent like that though and I'd rather draft top end talent first. Good dmen seem to be easier to find in round 2-7 then a good offensive threat.

BigBush*

I dont know if there is or not i'm just saying there is probably products that claim they can and i wouldnt be surprised if theres some that might help. 100 percent certain theres ones that help you put on weight and muscle

which doesnt always make you a better hockey player

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Missed the Top Prospects game, can anyone tell me how Svechnikov played? Would have probably been #37 on team Cherry

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Missed the Top Prospects game, can anyone tell me how Svechnikov played? Would have probably been #37 on team Cherry

His team played like crap but he looked good IMO. Took a few hits and just bounced right back up. Always trying to create something offensively and went to the dirty areas .

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
There are obviously exceptions to the rule, like in a draft that is heavy with top end D talent. Most drafts arent like that though and I'd rather draft top end talent first. Good dmen seem to be easier to find in round 2-7 then a good offensive threat.

The way i feel is you should draft dmen based on how you feel about them. Provorov is 6'0 tall and plays every facet of the game well. He clearly dominates because of how he thinks the game. Cowen on the other hand was a physical beast. It wasnt obviously apparent he could dominate the game based on his hockey sense alone. At 16 he was strongest player on his junior team and it would prove in the following years he was more physically mature then most of the players in the CHL. I just dont think there should be a rule not to draft defensemen in the top ten unless they are doughty

BigBush*

I have no trouble agreeing with that but based on my experience everybody will use those supplements at the junior level including small fast guys.

yup for sure.
Im sure a skinny guy like Hoffman uses a lot of supplements but not for the purpose of putting on weight

BigBush*

The way i feel is you should draft dmen based on how you feel about them. Provorov is 6'0 tall and plays every facet of the game well. He clearly dominates because of how he thinks the game. Cowen on the other hand was a physical beast. If wasnt obviously apparent he could dominate the game based on his hockey sense alone. At 16 he was strongest player on his junior team and it would prove in the following years he was more physically mature then most of the players in the CHL. I just dont think there should be a rule not to draft defensemen in the top ten unless they are doughty
exactly. makes me wonder if Nurse is way over hyped and how his game is going to translate to the NHL
Edmonton fans talk about how they see him as a top pairing Dman but thats mainly based on how he physically dominates teenagers

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
The way i feel is you should draft dmen based on how you feel about them. Provorov is 6'0 tall and plays every facet of the game well. He clearly dominates because of how he thinks the game. Cowen on the other hand was a physical beast. It wasnt obviously apparent he could dominate the game based on his hockey sense alone. At 16 he was strongest player on his junior team and it would prove in the following years he was more physically mature then most of the players in the CHL. I just dont think there should be a rule not to draft defensemen in the top ten unless they are doughty

I was just talking personal beliefs haha

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Ya no problem lol just wanted to put out some examples and points. We know theres GMs who feel the same way as you and we know theres people who feel the same way as you.

I was also talking top 10. For me to want to take a Dman in the top 10 theyd need to knock me off my seat. Provorov is that good, i agree. But he's Russian so unless Murray steps down pre draft, I doubt theres much hope in getting him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I was also talking top 10. For me to want to take a Dman in the top 10 theyd need to knock me off my seat. Provorov is that good, i agree. But he's Russian so unless Murray steps down pre draft, I doubt theres much hope in getting him.
I don't think Melnyk is allowing the team to take a Russian.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Being russian.... well ya it is a factor with drafting russian players lol but Provorov has been in the states and then in canada for a long time. He played forward in the USHL. Hes not as huge as a flight risk as tarensenko, yakupov or even nichuskin imo. Theres still that risk factor i agree but if Murray was going to draft a russian this would be the guy.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It is actually crazy the amount of talent avaliable

This game didn't even include hanifin Werenski Kylington zacha rantanen barzal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad