2015 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Being russian.... well ya it is a factor with drafting russian player lol but Provorov has been in the states and then in canada for a long time. He played forward in the USHL. Hes not as huge as a flight risk as tarensenko, yakupov or even nichuskin imo. Theres still that risk factor i agree but if Murray was going to draft a russian this would be the guy.

Radulov came over for a bit before his draft year too. There will always be a stigma attached to them and I hate it because, honestly, Russians are my favourite players.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Radulov came over for a bit before his draft year too. There will always be a stigma attached to them and I hate it because, honestly, Russians are my favourite players.

Radulov had 4 years in NA including time in the NHL and AHL radulov makes 9.2 million us dollar i believe in the KHL

Provorov has been in NA since he was 13-14 i believe and one of his favorite coaches in the USHL was a Ukrainian coach who was a great influence on him. He came to the U.S with hopes he could earn a scholarship to an american college.

I understand the point you are making but Radulov is an extreme case that everyone brings up when thinking of the russian risk factor. Theres a a lot of differences between provorov and radulov. I'm not saying its impossible for Provorov to go to the khl but based on the value of the ruble and all the others factors i think its unlikely.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Radulov had 4 years in NA including time in the NHL and AHL radulov makes 9.2 million us dollar i believe in the KHL

Provorov has been in NA since he was 13-14 i believe and one of his favorite coaches in the USHL was a Ukrainian coach who was a great influence on him. He came to the U.S with hopes he could earn a scholarship to an american college.

I'm just arguing cuz I'm bored at this point lol. I'd love if the Sens shocked the hockey world and took a Russian.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Provorov/Hanifin/Kylington-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Boro-xx

This is one of the best defence corps in the league for a long time

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I feel sketchy about taking a D-man in the top 10... would rather go for a centre and use our 2nd on a D-man.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Chabot might be a player that the sens can grab with a second if they go the center route with the top pick

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
the way i see it we need to target the following

- A guy who could one day be a partner for Karlsson
- A number 1 center.

now personally id love it if we could get one of Hanifin,Provorov,Kylington, werenski and Barzal with our first pick. then we could trade our two seconds and maybe puempel and draft between 15-25 and find a way to snag konecney.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
the way i see it we need to target the following

- A guy who could one day be a partner for Karlsson
- A number 1 center.

now personally id love it if we could get one of Hanifin,Provorov,Kylington, werenski and Barzal with our first pick. then we could trade our two seconds and maybe puempel and draft between 15-25 and find a way to snag konecney.

Provorov/Werenski and Konecny would be a dream draft for us.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Kylington would be an amazing pick, helps that he's Swedish.

I hate the idea of picking a guy who hasnt put up stats and projects to play like karlsson.

Provorov or Werenski over him. Some people are saying provorov is going to be the best dman of the draft. Hes having a karlsson like rise.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I hate the idea of picking a guy who hasnt put up stats and projects to play like karlsson.

Provorov or Werenski over him. Some people are saying provorov is going to be the best dman of the draft. Hes having a karlsson like rise.

He has put up the stats

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
my mistake. 11 points in 50 shl games Probably is pretty decent for a young guy in the SHL
34 in 61 games in the super elit

heres what we should comparee him against in the super elit i guess

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league.php?season=2014&leagueid=SuperElit&nation=&sort=Defensemen

Last year in the Superelite he averaged a ppg. Hasn't really played there this year, so that was the year BEFORE his draft year.

But to that put that production in perspective, it's the same point pace as draft eligible like Vrana, Fiala and Kempe had in the J20 last year as well. Same league. And they were a year older. And forwards. And those are three of the more heralded offensive European players in last year's draft.

Or look at it another way - in his draft year, KErik arlsson was a ppg player similar to Kilington, however Killington did that a year earlier.

The points are definitely there. The Superelit is not a league any elite prospects totally dominates. It's a lot tougher to score there than the CHL, just based on the style of play it would seem.

BigBush*

Kylington + trade up to draft Barzal/Koecny would be amazing

It would be. Got to think it'll be so so hard to trade up for Barzal/Koecny as these are guys expected to go in the 10-15 range. We'd probably have to take them with our 1st

Othello*

It would be. Got to think it'll be so so hard to trade up for Barzal/Koecny as these are guys expected to go in the 10-15 range. We'd probably have to take them with our 1st
Yea, I agree it would be difficult, however I think Barzals stock will drop due to his injuries and rumour has that Murray is trying to trade one of our vetrens which I hope can land is at least a 2nd. That'll leave us with three 2nd round picks. I know I'm reaching here but I'm desperate

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
In the case that we happen to climb a bit in the standings/draft order, can anyone tell me about Mikko Rantanen?

Watched him play for Finland. Bigger than all his team mates. Pretty good with the puck for a guy his size and also a pretty fluid skater. Not ultra creative but looks like he could translate well to he NHL. Don't be surprised if we draft him. Two way play. And big.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Murray indicated he will step away after season. Will he still be there at the Draft? That will impact the choice I would think. New GM should have that. If new GM is not Lee or Dorian, are they even around? - it could have an impact.

This needs planning.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Murray indicated he will step away after season. Will he still be there at the Draft? That will impact the choice I would think. New GM should have that. If new GM is not Lee or Dorian, are they even around? - it could have an impact.

This needs planning.

Dorion and the majority of scouts are still in place. The draft will likely be the one thing that won't change much with the same approach as in past, which will undoubtedly focus on the BPA and lean towards the preferences of our top scouts. Of course, if the new GM comes in before the draft, that could influence things, but probably not. Even when Murray came in before the draft, he let Muckler's scouts make the picks (much to Murray's disappointment a few years later)

The planning and change will revolve around what the current blue print and strategy are for building a winner, versus what the new GM believes in and sees with the current team. That's where we could get a major shake-up, but most of that likely wouldn't happen until next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad