2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Do you view those 5 as basically the same level? Just personal reference as to where they go?

I've been wondering how many view this because its seems like the group after McEichel changes quite a lot with various lists.

I probably just squeezed Werenski in there. He might not belong in that group. The other four are a grab bag, IMO and you tIme the player based on need or preference. For this team, I'd choose Strome. But I wouldn't begrudge someone deciding Provorov or Crouse was their guy. Every time I've seen Provorov, I've thought he was a future star. Crouse has the ability to completely change a teams identity.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Any highlights from the interview? You can't blow 30th when your state-run radio is talking with one if two generational talents two games before the season ends.

Will be watching the lottery with his family.
Billet family are huge Sabres fans
Big fan of Reinhart

Basic cake interview

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Final NHL CS rankings are out. Top 5 and notables for where Buffalo could be picking

1) McDavid
2) Eichel
3) Hanifin
4) Strome
5) Crouse

14) Konecny
15) Harkins
16) Chabot
17) Svechnikov
18) Chlapik
19) DeBrusk
20) Sprong

28) NOVAK
29) WHITE
30) YAN
31) FORSBACKA KARLSSON
32) DUNN
33) BEAUVILLIER

47) GREENWAY
48) TRENIN
49) SPEERS
50) KOROSTELEV
51) FOLEY
52) NIELSEN
53) MARODY
54) NOEL

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=761663

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
How big is the "next group" after

McDavid
Eichel

Then?

3 players
Marner, Hanifin, Strome

then a large tier (in no order)
zacha, crouse, provorov, kylington, konecny, werenski, rantanen, svechnikov, roy

I would say there is a pretty significant drop off after that... some may like Barzal, and push him up. Harkins, Merkley, Greenway, Bittner also have huge holes as prospects.

The MHS tier are normal #1-2 overall type players.

the next tier is normal top 5-10 type guys. hope we can get one of these guys with the Isles pick.

edit: i want to move harkins up to the big middle tier.

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
You can't blow 30th when your state-run radio is talking with one if two generational talents two games before the season ends.

They had Strome on a few days earlier. Peters did a decent job with that interview.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Final NHL CS rankings are out. Top 5 and notables for where Buffalo could be picking

1) McDavid
2) Eichel
3) Hanifin
4) Strome
5) Crouse

14) Konecny
15) Harkins
16) Chabot
17) Svechnikov
18) Chlapik
19) DeBrusk
20) Sprong

28) NOVAK
29) WHITE
30) YAN
31) FORSBACKA KARLSSON
32) DUNN
33) BEAUVILLIER

47) GREENWAY
48) TRENIN
49) SPEERS
50) KOROSTELEV
51) FOLEY
52) NIELSEN
53) MARODY
54) NOEL

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=761663

I know NHLCS always has some questionable rankings.....

But I just can't wrap my brain around Kylington being ranked behind Carlsson and Larsson. Eriksson Ek I can understand, maybe.

But my how he's fallen. It's really starting to look like he'll be around for our 2nd first.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
I'm really surprised that Greenway is listed at 47. I took him (at 22 I believe) for Detroit in 1972's mock draft. I can't believe he'll make it out of the first round

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
But I just can't wrap my brain around Kylington being ranked behind Carlsson and Larsson. It's really starting to look like he'll be around for our 2nd first.

Or first 2nd...

Still, to come out of the first two rounds with say, McEichel, Chlapik, Beauvillier, Korostolev would be pretty nice. There's gonna be a faller, there always is. Like Zadorov, they never came out and said it in the draft edition of BB&G, but Z might have been Devine's backup plan at #8 if Risto and Nurse were gone, just reading between the lines.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I still cannot believe scouts actually have Crouse over Marner.

I'm convinced it's somehow tied to the McEichel effect. Take the two of them away and something tells me Marner would be in debate with Hanifin for #1 overall. But since there's two generational talents, Marner and everything he brings to the table gets overlooked

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm convinced it's somehow tied to the McEichel effect. Take the two of them away and something tells me Marner would be in debate with Hanifin for #1 overall. But since there's two generational talents, Marner and everything he brings to the table gets overlooked

The CS guys were throwing out Lindros and Neely comparisons for Crouse during their latest meetings.

I think it's the big guy effect more than anything.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I'm really surprised that Greenway is listed at 47. I took him (at 22 I believe) for Detroit in 1972's mock draft. I can't believe he'll make it out of the first round

Me too. Would love to add him in the second.

In all probability, TM is in love with someone none of us are talking about, though.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Wherever the Islanders pick ends up, if Kylington is on the board, he's the pick.

Are you saying that because that is who Murray wants or who you think they should take?(Other then McEichel I am not sure who Murray likes)

I think if Kylington is there at 20 then it is a steal. If Svechnikov is there Murray takes him over Kylington.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Are you saying that because that is who Murray wants or who you think they should take?(Other then McEichel I am not sure who Murray likes)

I think if Kylington is there at 20 then it is a steal. If Svechnikov is there Murray takes him over Kylington.

What about Tim Murray's draft record would lead you to believe he'd draft Svechnikov?

Kylington plays a Karlsson-like game and fills an organizational need. I'd bet money he's the pick if he's on the board.

That said, I don't expect to have a second first come draft day.

ZeroPT*

From what I've read Greenaway has the hockey skill of a ping pong table

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
What about Tim Murray's draft record would lead you to believe he'd draft Svechnikov?

Kylington plays a Karlsson-like game and fills an organizational need. I'd bet money he's the pick if he's on the board.

That said, I don't expect to have a second first come draft day.

Nothing really, just he would be the best available player with explosive offence which the team is lacking on wing. More my preference then anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad