2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Between Roy, Kylington, Dunn, there will be a PPQB available at the NYI first or even #31. I'm kind of hoping to stay put and get one of those guys, and a surprise faller.

CupWanted

Memories of better days
Mar 4, 2008
Count me in the group that wants to hold onto the late first and the Sabres 2nd. This draft has so much depth those two picks are like a top 15-20 pick in normal draft years. I think from an asset management standpoint making those picks is best for the organization. We've already got our new shiny toys in (hopefully) McEichel and Kane. Now Murray needs to build a roster around them and having two more quality contributors on ELCs in three years is a nice start.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
i'm torn between trying to move up in the 1st round or trading it for ROR

Count me in the group that wants to hold onto the late first and the Sabres 2nd. This draft has so much depth those two picks are like a top 15-20 pick in normal draft years. I think from an asset management standpoint making those picks is best for the organization. We've already got our new shiny toys in (hopefully) McEichel and Kane. Now Murray needs to build a roster around them and having two more quality contributors on ELCs in three years is a nice start.

I'm torn as well. GMTM should just go into it with an open mind. If there is solid value and one of the Blues/Isles picks is in the 18-20 range and by moving the Sabres 2nd to move up and get our guy in the 12-15 ranage can happen I am good with that move.

It could even be Blues 1st (19TH) + Sabres 2nd (31st). For say Bruins 1st (15th) + bruins 2nd (46th). Best guess at the actual #s, but something like that.

Or

It could even be Blues 1st (19TH) + Islanders 2nd For Bruins 1st (15th) + Bruins 3rd rounder

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I'm a fan of Jakub Zboril, if we are to take a Dman with our other first, I'd like it to be him. Good skater, good hands, quality two-way game and an accurate shot. I think he could end up being a very good player with the correct development.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
So, Craig Button updated his new list... http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-suspenseful-race-for-no-3-1.249965

According to his rankings (i know its not a mock draft) we can take McEichel at 1/2, Konecny with out other 1st rounder (outside shot at Barzal), and almost Kylington/Zacha (ranked 29th/30th) with our 1st pick of the second round. Sign me up!

Also of note, he has Hanifin ranked 12th. Yes, 12th.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
So, Craig Button updated his new list... http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-suspenseful-race-for-no-3-1.249965

According to his rankings (i know its not a mock draft) we can take McEichel at 1/2, Konecny with out other 1st rounder (outside shot at Barzal), and almost Kylington/Zacha (ranked 29th/30th) with our 1st pick of the second round. Sign me up!

Also of note, he has Hanifin ranked 12th. Yes, 12th.

Why did Zacha fall so far???

I'd love that draft though

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Ted and Tim need to sit down and come to an agreement. Tim gets the Columbus game, Ted gets the Pittsburgh game. Everyone wins.

Let Teddy Cuhmpeet go coach his head off in a game that truly only matters to the players on the ice, on fan appreciation night when the place will be rocking one day after locking up a generational prospect.

Just give us a regulation loss against Columbus, come hell or high water. I don't care if Irbe has to personally cut holes in Lindback's pads and some sticks need to get pre-broken. We need to lose in regulation against Columbus or the entire fanbase is going to die of harbinger.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Ted and Tim need to sit down and come to an agreement. Tim gets the Columbus game, Ted gets the Pittsburgh game. Everyone wins.

Let Teddy Cuhmpeet go coach his head off in a game that truly only matters to the players on the ice, on fan appreciation night when the place will be rocking one day after locking up a generational prospect.

Just give us a regulation loss against Columbus, come hell or high water. I don't care if Irbe has to personally cut holes in Lindback's pads and some sticks need to get pre-broken. We need to lose in regulation against Columbus or the entire fanbase is going to die of harbinger.

This.
I really want us to lose in Columbus and have Pittsburgh come in to town needing a win...and we stomp them for a meaningless victory. Would be delicious

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
This.
I really want us to lose in Columbus and have Pittsburgh come in to town needing a win...and we stomp them for a meaningless victory. Would be delicious

Not I. I'd rather Pitt win that game and possibly pass the Islanders in the standings.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Doesn't Zacha play with an intensity and edge that has always been Grigo's knock?

My vibe isn't to compare the two styles of play but that both seem hard to project. Their similarities are size and skill and wondering how they will fit in. I've seen Zacha all over the map from a top 5 pick to dropping out of the top 15.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Hanifin

Strome
Crouse
Marner
Provorov
Werenski

IMO

Do you view those 5 as basically the same level? Just personal preference as to where they go?

I've been wondering how many view this because its seems like the group after McEichel changes quite a lot with various lists.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=761694

The Combine has been modified this year to create a more sports-specific event in an attempt to accommodate the advances made in prospect evaluation.

"The Combine has always had subtle changes here or there, so with this transition to Buffalo we're trying to incorporate a lot more changes," Marr said. "A lot of the changes are behind the scenes."

The Combine this year will provide electronic medical records for each prospect that teams will be able to access immediately after his medical screening is completed.

Also new this year is scheduling for the grueling stationary bike tests. The VO2 Max test, which measures endurance capacity, will be performed June 5. The Wingate Ergometer peak power output test, which measures skating explosiveness, will be done June 6.

"The strength coaches said both those tests required the players to fatigue, to go until they can no longer go," Marr said. "To have them do those tests almost back-to-back [on the same day] really wasn't a valid indicator to where a player was at."

Also adopted were changes to the jump test, at the recommendation of the team strength coaches.

"The one thing to remember about the Combine is that it's not a competition," Marr said. "This is what the fans and media need to understand. It's an assessment of the 17- and 18-year-olds at that point in their athletic development. It gives the strength coaches a basis of where they currently are in terms of their strength development and allows them to project how they could manufacture him into an NHL player if they plan on drafting him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad