2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
"2 years of suffering and we come away with nothing" as if Reinhart + Hanifin/Strome/Marner is like drafting 14th each year.

Delusional thinking

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
"2 years of suffering and we come away with nothing" as if Reinhart + Hanifin/Strome/Marner is like drafting 14th each year.

Delusional thinking

For the last two years every Sabres fan has day dreamed about having McEichel, aka the next "Great One" wearing Sabres colors and bringing the franchise back to greatness.

No matter what happens we have an excellent group of youngsters. But to spend all season in the basement for 2 years with the hype of McEichel always teasing the fans only to have it snatched away at this point would be a hard pill to swallow.

It's like planning a honeymoon to Fiji or Bora Bora for two years, and then at the last minute having it change to Tampa. Sure, Tampa is nothing to sneeze at, it has some really great upside, but when you had your heart set on something else you will feel like you are getting screwed.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
Thank you Sharks. Thank you Arizona .maybe just maybe we still get our guy at 2. One more loss or Arizona win and its all over .

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

Delusional thinking

It is but the plan comes together when you put McEichel 1C and Reinhart 2C.

Any of the other guys obviously would be a major piece, but having that as your top 2 was the master plan. So it's human nature to feel disappointed if it doesn't happen.

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014
“I have a friend that was at the game (in Buffalo) and I got a text message saying the Buffalo fans were cheering when (the Sabres) lost,†Eichel said on Saturday.

“I’ve been trying to ignore it more and more as we’ve gone on this season. But I think it’s starting to grow more than ever,†Eichel said. “The season’s winding down, so people are talking about the draft.â€

Eichel, prized for elite puck skills, was asked if he has considered what it will be like to play for one of the NHL’s basement dwellers.

“There’ll be a lot of room for improvement,†he said. “You look at the teams at the bottom of the standings, most of them have a lot of young and upcoming prospects and draft picks, and there’s a really bright future around them.â€

Eichel said he hasn’t thought much about which team will ultimately select him.

“What team? What number? You can’t really focus it on too much,†he said. “A team goes up to the podium, you don’t know what they’re going to do.â€

“It’s kind of a bizarre thing to think about — that fans are cheering against their team, hoping that they lose,†he said. “Bu I guess, really, they’re just excited about the future.â€

...Eichel's ready

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
“I have a friend that was at the game (in Buffalo) and I got a text message saying the Buffalo fans were cheering when (the Sabres) lost,†Eichel said on Saturday.

“I’ve been trying to ignore it more and more as we’ve gone on this season. But I think it’s starting to grow more than ever,†Eichel said. “The season’s winding down, so people are talking about the draft.â€

Eichel, prized for elite puck skills, was asked if he has considered what it will be like to play for one of the NHL’s basement dwellers.

“There’ll be a lot of room for improvement,†he said. “You look at the teams at the bottom of the standings, most of them have a lot of young and upcoming prospects and draft picks, and there’s a really bright future around them.â€

“What team? What number? You can’t really focus it on too much,†he said. “A team goes up to the podium, you don’t know what they’re going to do.â€

“It’s kind of a bizarre thing to think about — that fans are cheering against their team, hoping that they lose,†he said. “But I guess, really, they’re just excited about the future.â€

...Eichel's ready
Hey Jack: Here's a clue: It's going to be Buffalo or Arizona.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It's actually funny to think about. Eichel only has two possibilities while McDavid has 14.

NHL's probably pretty pumped the American superstar is staying in America.

Disclaimer: the following is in no way a Phoenix-bashing post:

Have to imagine he's rooting hard for Buffalo to lose the lottery. Aside from the fact that coming here could mean playing with any two of Kane, Ennis, Girgensons, Reinhart, or Moulson, also much, much, much closer to Boston. And he'd get to play in Boston 2-3 times a year. Can't imagine a Boston kid has much interest in going to the dessert.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Have to imagine he's rooting hard for Buffalo to lose the lottery. Aside from the fact that coming here could mean playing with any two of Kane, Ennis, Girgensons, Reinhart, or Moulson, also much, much, much closer to Boston. And he'd get to play in Boston 2-3 times a year. Can't imagine a Boston kid has much interest in going to the dessert.

Agreed. It seems that McJesus would be really psyched to come here as well.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I think he'd be fine with it, I don't know if we'd exactly be his preference against his other options the way we are for Eichel though (against his one :laugh: )
Oh I agree there.

McDavid's always spoken very highly of the organization and his billet family are Sabres fans so I'm sure they've talked us up to him.
But thinking about it, I would venture to say Toronto would be the only team he'd rather go to than us in the top 6.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Oh I agree there.

McDavid's always spoken very highly of the organization and his billet family are Sabres fans so I'm sure they've talked us up to him.
But thinking about it, I would venture to say Toronto would be the only team he'd rather go to than us in the top 6.

Can't see him sticking his nose up at Edmonton. Look at the wingers he'd get to play with. And he is Canadian.

I think I'm rooting for him to go to Colorado, though.

Out west, check. Good hockey market, check. I don't hate them, check. They haven't been blessed already with 4 bazillion #1 picks, check. Might make them quite the powerhouse, though.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Can't see him sticking his nose up at Edmonton. Look at the wingers he'd get to play with. And he is Canadian.

I think I'm rooting for him to go to Colorado, though.

Out west, check. Good hockey market, check. I don't hate them, check. They haven't been blessed already with 4 bazillion #1 picks, check. Might make them quite the powerhouse, though.

Honestly, if not us, I'd want Toronto. It would create a good rivalry between him and Eichel.

And, realistically, I don't think many people "want" to play in Edmonton.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Honestly, if not us, I'd want Toronto. It would create a good rivalry between him and Eichel.

Considering that all I care about after the draft is Buffalo winning, and Mcdavid would greatly affect that winning, plus the fact we would have them 6 times, no thank you. Any chance we can give Toronto as little incentive as possible to buy tickets to come here, the better.

That little bit of home ice advantage
We have left right now, you can say goodbye to that if Toronto wins McDavid. Im not prone to looking forward to see the skating of Kessel and Mcdavid rip us to shreds each year. Any team but Tortonto please.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If Murray is able to somehow get McEichel and Konecny in this years draft I will be celebrating for the next 2 weeks in downtown Buffalo. Who is coming with me?

W0wHWPj.gif

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
4 digits would be 10,000 combinations and not 1,000.

It's not a string of numbers, it's an array. In other words, the order is irrelevant. 1234, 4321, 2314, etc are the same outcome on the probability chart, thus map to the same team winning.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

i can't believe people still feel this way. An absolute super star, in our division, belonging to our cross boarded hated rival, who we have to face 6 times a year. Is a rivalry worth it if it means losing games and hurting our chances at a cup? Winning championships is exciting to me. **** Toronto.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
If Murray is able to somehow get McEichel and Konecny in this years draft I will be celebrating for the next 2 weeks in downtown Buffalo. Who is coming with me?

W0wHWPj.gif

What would it take to get with our other first to get down to Konecny range though? I do hope we find a way to snag him like when we got Zemgus.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

“It’s kind of a bizarre thing to think about — that fans are cheering against their team, hoping that they lose,†he said. “But I guess, really, they’re just excited about the future.â€

...Eichel's ready

And yet some people are seriously asserting that Eichel might go back to BU for his sophomore season.

Does anyone seriously believe that's a possibility?

Karate Johnson*

i can't believe people still feel this way. An absolute super star, in our division, belonging to our cross boarded hated rival, who we have to face 6 times a year. Is a rivalry worth it if it means losing games and hurting our chances at a cup? Winning championships is exciting to me. **** Toronto.

The only way I want Toronto to get McDavid is if, next November he decides to quit hockey.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
What would it take to get with our other first to get down to Konecny range though? I do hope we find a way to snag him like when we got Zemgus.

21+42 got 14 for ZG. Though that was predicated on Calgary's obsession with Jankowski, who they knew they could take at 21. With the quality available in the 10-15 range this year I think it would probably take NYI 1st + our 2nd.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Delusional thinking

Who says nothing?

My concern or fear is without McDavid or Eichel it could possibly set the rebuild back 2 or 3 years depending on....Marner and Strome wont see the NHL until 2017 and might not make an impact until 2018.

McDavid and possibly Eichel would/could make an impact with a 50 point/18-25 goal season which is very possible. Look at Monahan, he is a core piece and the Flames are much better then 2 years ago.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

21 and 42 got 14 in 2012, but it was a weaker draft.

21-ish, plus 31-32, plus the Isles 2nd, should be enough to get into 11-14 range.

I'm hoping Barzal or Werenski slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad