2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Eichel looks like he could be cast as the actor to play Beavis if they made a real life movie of the cartoon. He looks like Beavis in that picture.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Has anyone heard of this HIS report? Apparently Garth had an article about how it had Strome ahead of Eichel in it's April rankings. Just wondering what kind of credibility it had.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My thoughts as well. Go to Garth's hockeybuzz page if you are interested. The whole thing seemed suspect. I googled it and found nothing.

What post was it in?

I read the Maloney Baloney one and there was nothing like that in there.

Update: I think I found the problem. It was his post April 1st. My guess is that it was a joke.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
More likely then not we will see Dylan Strome and Mitch Marner face off in the next round of the playoffs, that is going to be fun.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-ovechkin-hating-2010/

25. It will be an upset if Jack Eichel, whose season also ends next week at The Frozen Four, is not invited to play for Team USA at the World Championships. Connor McDavid’s Erie Otters can close out their first-round series Friday night, leading Sarnia 3-1. Should they move on, the powerhouse Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds are next. If McDavid’s team is eliminated by the Worlds, it is expected Canada will ask him to participate. He should be part of the U.S.A./Canada under-23 team at the 2016 World Cup and, hopefully, Team Canada for years to come, so why not offer the experience?

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
For all the conspiracy alarmists that will appear leading up to and after the lottery, the NHL is going the extra step:

Multiple sources have confirmed to thn.com that even though this year’s draft lottery will not be televised live, a video of the entire process will be made available for public consumption after the fact.

This, of course, is a first for the NHL, which has traditionally televised only the results of the lottery. But sources say that with so much at stake, the league wants everyone to have the opportunity to see the process unfold so there will be no accusations of impropriety. With large market teams such as the Toronto Maple Leafs, Philadelphia Flyers and (possibly) the Los Angeles Kings having a chance at getting the first pick and the right to draft phenom Connor McDavid, sources say the league wants to make sure everyone can see evidence that the process is above-board.

“There will be full disclosure,” a source said. What form that disclosure takes is not yet known because both the league and its broadcast partners – Rogers Sportsnet, NBC Sports and TVA Sports – are still working out the details. We do know that the lottery will be held the night of April 18, which is the first Saturday of the playoffs. It will likely be held as part of the pre-game show for that night’s national game, which will be decided once the final playoff seedings have been determined. All 14 teams that have a chance of winning the lottery will be invited to send a representative to the event.

The lottery has actually been videotaped every year and a tape is made available to the teams to prove its authenticity. The only difference is that this year, that video will also be available for mass consumption, either on television after the results of the lottery have been announced or perhaps, as one source suggested, in an online format. Until this year, only the results had been televised, with deputy commissioner Bill Daly revealing the winner and representatives of the five teams with a shot at the first overall pick all on hand for the event.

Another difference is this year’s actual lottery will be held in Toronto at the Rogers Sportsnet instead of the NHL office in New York. A separate room has been set aside where the lottery will take place. It will involve a limited number of participants, none of whom will have communication devices with them. Once the lottery is completed, the results will be delivered by one of the people in the room to Daly or commissioner Gary Bettman while the others will remain sequestered inside.

The way the lottery works is that it is done by a machine that has ping-pong balls which have a different digit. Four of those balls will fall down the chute to create a four-digit number. That creates a total of 1,001 different possibilities and the number of random four-digit numbers each team receives prior to the lottery is dependent upon where it finished in the standings. The team with the winning number wins the lottery and gets the first pick overall.

So the team that finishes 30th overall (if the season were over after Friday night’s games,that would be Buffalo) gets 200 balls, or roughly 20 percent of the total. The team that finishes 29th (Arizona) receives 135 numbers, 28th (Edmonton) gets 115, 27th (Toronto) receives 95, 26th (Carolina) is awarded 85, 25th (New Jersey) gets 75, 24th (Philadelphia) receives 65, 23rd (Columbus) gets 60, 22nd (Colorado) receives 50, 21st (Dallas) gets 35, 20th (San Jose) receives 30, 19th (Florida) gets 25; 18th (Los Angeles) receives 20 and the 17th place team (Winnipeg) gets 10. (Yes, this adds up to 1,000, not 1,001. Somewhere in there one of the teams must be getting an extra ball.)

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/n...-draft-lottery-available-for-first-time-ever/

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
For all the conspiracy alarmists that will appear leading up to and after the lottery, the NHL is going the extra step:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/n...-draft-lottery-available-for-first-time-ever/

Yeah it will be totally transparent this time. They will record an unidentified man walking behind a big black curtain, and coming back out with a four digit number that was supposedly generated by the ping-pong machine. He will also have various snake oils and elixirs for sale after the show.

Bps21*

Saying they'll be releasing a video afterwards is just a flashing sign that they're going to really dirty this one up. Cavs winning the NBA lotto last time style.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Anyone ever flip a coin repeatedly? It's never 50/50.

I'll be buying an Eichel or McDavid Sabres Jersey even if we finish 29th.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Saying they'll be releasing a video afterwards is just a flashing sign that they're going to really dirty this one up. Cavs winning the NBA lotto last time style.
Yep except every team rep there has the list of team numbers right there to look at.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I think you missed this part:

Another difference is this year’s actual lottery will be held in Toronto at the Rogers Sportsnet instead of the NHL office in New York. A separate room has been set aside where the lottery will take place. It will involve a limited number of participants, none of whom will have communication devices with them. Once the lottery is completed, the results will be delivered by one of the people in the room to Daly or commissioner Gary Bettman while the others will remain sequestered inside.

[SPOIL]They don't want any spoilers[/SPOIL]

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
All this talk of Strome and Marner being possibilities really really makes me long for McEichel :(

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
All this talk of Strome and Marner being possibilities really really makes me long for McEichel :(

I'm thinking it's 50-50 at this point if we pick 1-2 or 3. Two years of suffering and we're down to a coin flip. At those odds, though, it's definitely worth looking hard at Strome and Marner. I hope Murray and his team have been doing their homework on those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad