Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who's the next head coach? Not Babcock - Pt. 2 - MOD post #917

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Lets not be like Sammy Watkins. Not a done deal yet.
sammy-watkins.gif

Ah yes. The day Sammy learned he isn't playing in the ACC anymore and that talent and speed is all over the field in the NFL, no matter who you are playing.

Good point.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think the implication is that they are discussing final terms and/or negotiating. Yes the Sabres already made an offer. Now they are discussing final $$$ and term and maybe some of the other parts of a contract framework.

I assume the family relocation package is going to take the longest time to hammer out. :laugh:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I assume the family relocation package is going to take the longest time to hammer out. :laugh:

or what Paul Hamilton just reported on.

Seems like at this point that could be the biggest sticking point.

But maybe Murray respects Babcock enough to give him that which he wouldn't give Nolan.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

But maybe Murray respects Babcock enough to give him that which he wouldn't give Nolan.

Was just going to say that I don't think it'll be a major issue. Murray has worked with Babcock before and respects him. Gotta think he'll give Babcock MUCH more of a say than Teddy got.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
The U haul Pegula plane is already waiting at the Detroit Airport, just in case.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

That's been my guess from the start, and probably why Murray isn't concerned about having Babcock as coach.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Really? Do you perceive McDavid to be that much better than Eichel long term?

Just curious.

I think he's a better prospect, which is enough for me. Babcock is a very good coach but I'm not particularly worried about our ability to land a good coach. So yeah, I'd definitely rather have the guy who projects to be the better foundational piece for the next 20 years, not that I'm not extremely high on Eichel.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I think it's absolutely clear right now that Wawrow and Graham are certainly in with Pegula and his cohorts. Begnini might be too, and possibly Hamilton.

The other BN guys are getting completely shut out, it appears.
Tim graham would appear to be quoting the same guy Vogl is. A coach for another team is obviously not inside the sabres.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I think Babcock might want a little control in call ups and such. I don't think he's looking to be too active in the trade market/pro scouting area.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Murray did say recently he expects to be with the team much more next season. Which is kind of a hilarious way to say we're done tanking. :laugh:

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Babs current contract is til 30 June. I'm guessing if this goes through they'll do a presser announcing him as the next Sabres coach.

Being that he's still under contract to Detroit, will that limit what he can or can't do with us? Seems kind of awkward, but maybe it's just how business is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad