Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who's the next head coach? Not Babcock - Pt. 2 - MOD post #917

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
It's not embarrassing really. We know we are up against his home, and where his wife wants to be.

That makes it neccesary to give him a reason to come here, and what we can offer is money.

If he still chooses Detroit over money and a growing team then it was always going to be Detroit. (Assuming the rumored #'s are close)

He and lindy ruff are bros, right? think Lindy told him that Buffalo can be nicer than detroit and it's worth his time? Or does lindy say, "Run! Run away from Buffalo and their ******* media and that big pile of pegulabucks' siren song!"

Karate Johnson*

He and lindy ruff are bros, right? think Lindy told him that Buffalo can be nicer than detroit and it's worth his time? Or does lindy say, "Run! Run away from Buffalo and their ******* media and that big pile of pegulabucks' siren song!"

I wouldn't think Lindy would have much negative to say about Buffalo.

I highly doubt anyone think of the local media as anything but an annoyance. Like a mosquito bite.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
ick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 1m1 minute ago
As of 24hrs ago growing spec' Babcock and #Redwings would have a S.J type "mutual decision" to part ways. Will be interesting next 24hrs

itshappening.gif

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 1m1 minute ago
As of 24hrs ago growing spec' Babcock and #Redwings would have a S.J type "mutual decision" to part ways. Will be interesting next 24hrs

:skeptic:

:dunno:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
My birthday is tomorrow. It would be a great b-day present if babcock decided to come to Buffalo.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport

Lindy Ruff can't have hard feelings for Pegula. Pegula gave Ruff more than good chance to turn things around after Pegula bought the team. It's the players that Ruff and Regier accumulated that failed them in Buffalo. And most of them are long gone doing the same to other teams.

I'm almost sure Ruff, if asked, gave the Sabres organization the highest recommendation.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
ick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 1m1 minute ago

itshappening.gif

kind of weird he says as of 24H ago yet he's the only one to report this. Meanwhile Bob has been saying there is growing speculation he will stay :help:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
kind of weird he says as of 24H ago yet he's the only one to report this. Meanwhile Bob has been saying there is growing speculation he will stay :help:

Didn't Kyper call the hubbub about LaFontaine way before anyone else? Need to go back and find it.

edit: No, I think it was Darcy being fired, way before anyone else... http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/10/16/4844310/darcy-regier-buffalo-sabres-general-manager-fire is what I can find right now.

I remember he got called out on it and ended up being right, obviously.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Me and twitter right now:

cTCorrz.gif

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Lindy Ruff can't have hard feelings for Pegula. Pegula gave Ruff more than good chance to turn things around after Pegula bought the team. It's the players that Ruff and Regier accumulated that failed them in Buffalo. And most of them are long gone doing the same to other teams.

I'm almost sure Ruff, if asked, gave the Sabres organization the highest recommendation.

I completely agree. That was fifty percent a joke. It wouldnt shock me if Babcock did give lindy a call and say "hey, so buffalo?" and i would be shocked if lindy said anything along the lines of "**** 'em"

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Didn't Kyper call the hubbub about LaFontaine way before anyone else? Need to go back and find it.

edit: No, I think it was Darcy being fired, way before anyone else...

maybe, but Kyper still remains one of the worst

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

Bob is saying what everyone is saying. IMO what Bob says sounds like it's coming from an agent trying to get more money for his client. Question is who is he trying to get more money from, Buffalo or Detroit.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Holland and Babs are meeting today right? I wonder if they're just sitting in Holland's office watching twitter, drinking beers, and laughing their ***** off? :laugh:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Holland and Babs are meeting today right? I wonder if they're just sitting in Holland's office watching twitter, drinking beers, and laughing their ***** off? :laugh:

Would also be a great time to figure out who the leaks are in your organization. See:

Babcock calls up his least favorite assistant: "Hey, so I'm thinking Boston...."

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I appreciate the postulation about how he's just gaming for a bigger Detroit payday, but go back to his comments the night the red wings were eliminated. That's hard to fake right after something like that. I firmly believe he had tall reservations about staying in Detroit, whether Holland is able to assuage them is another question.

radar493

Mar 26, 2015
Hockey Hotline guys think it's going to be Buffalo. Maybe that's not a good thing as isn't this the station that gave air time to HockeBuzz guy?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Surprised there's not more ******** rumors today. Somebody should be abusing twitter with carefully worded garbage right about now.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Surprised there's not more ******** rumors today. Somebody should be abusing twitter with carefully worded garbage right about now.

it seemed like twitter was buzzing quite a bit this morning, and now nothing but quiet for the last hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad