Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Rust, I need to find my Soderberg line-up. I really liked it and think you would, too. It fits easily under the cap and gives us 3 really nice lines....increased size...more intelligence, etc...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
You cannot...repeat cannot...play Yandle on the right side.

In fact, he had trouble in Phoenix playing on the left with any defenseman who wasn't right handed. Of course, a lot of them weren't any good.

Repeat, Yandle cannot play on the right side.

That is all.

Well that puts a serious damper on my ideas...

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Rust, I need to find my Soderberg line-up. I really liked it and think you would, too. It fits easily under the cap and gives us 3 really nice lines....increased size...more intelligence, etc...
Found it on imgur. Knew I had left it there, lol. This could work. If we could dump Glass, it's even better.

BTW, Replace Skapski with a UFA:

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
I'm going to be so sad if Glass is a Ranger next year. The 4th line went from elite to mediocre at best in one year by swapping Boyle with Glass.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Just thinking about that line-up I have with Soderberg. You'll note that there are no trades, just a UFA pick-up. Hags , Klein , and Talbot would have been traded for picks and prospects.

If you could use Hags and Talbot to get Jaskin + a mid-round pick....and get rid of Glass...then you would have 4 solid lines. Would be very deep. Scarey deep. And even further under the cap for next year...

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Soderberg will probably get 4-4.5M IMO.

Due to the crap UFA market this year, prices will be probably be driven up...and I don't doubt you're right. A comparable player is Anisimov, and he makes 3.3 mil...that's how I came up with the number. Any other year we'd have a shot to land him for 3.0 to 3.3.

Your point is well-taken. :(

Edit: We could still pay Soderberg $4 mil and replace Glass with Hrivic or Klingberg and still look good. Either one of those guys will make half what Glass makes and can score more often. Risky having 2 Wolfpack players on the 4th line, but this is Glass we're talking about. How much worse could it be? Any way I look at it, that line has to be better w/o Glass, lol.

Last edited:

BarbaraAlphanse

Unless there's one stupid GM out there, no, it isn't.

"Hi, my name is Glen Sather, and I'll offer you our current captain and our next two firsts for 1.25 years of your 38 year old captain"

Big names get nice packages. At least that is what my 22 years of being a fan have taught me.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
"Hi, my name is Glen Sather, and I'll offer you our current captain and our next two firsts for 1.25 years of your 38 year old captain"

Big names get nice packages. At least that is what my 22 years of being a fan have taught me.

But Tampa Bay didn't get more talented. That notion is absurd.

MSL was a tumor, inside a corpse, inside a dumpster fire this year, and still produced identical numbers to Callahan.

BarbaraAlphanse

But Tampa Bay didn't get more talented. That notion is absurd.

MSL was a tumor, inside a corpse, inside a dumpster fire this year, and still produced identical numbers to Callahan.

Yes. Thank you. So we gave up a guy who produced identical numbers to the guy we received, and also two firsts in addition to that.

2 extra first rounders = more talent.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
In that lineup proposed above, I would swap Fast and Hayes.

Yep, the players are interchangeable for sure...just as AV will switch players up during the year when things go stale.

There is a lot of versatility there. Hell, you have SEVEN guys who can play Center in that line-up. AV could tweak until his heart is content.

The only thing missing is a third Right-handed shot to go in the Top 12...which would be nice. Klingberg in place of Glass could solve that. Kling is a Righty. I have no clue if he is NHL ready....but you can put him on RW and Lindberg on LW.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Yes. Thank you. So we gave up a guy who produced identical numbers to the guy we received, and also two firsts in addition to that.

I love how everyone even forgets last post-season ever happened. You know, when Callahan and picks were swept in the first round.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Yes identical numbers to a player that was one-tenth the player MSL normally was. That's not more talented.

Mike Cammalleri had 45 points last year and Nash had 36. Is Cammalleri "more talented?"

Only half of first rounders become full-time NHL players, so no, not at all.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I love how everyone even forgets last post-season ever happened. You know, when Callahan and picks were swept in the first round.

And now they're in the finals. They took a step back to take an eventual step forward, while helping to maintain their long term future.

Although, they do have some explosive young talent that we don't have, and Nash isn't exactly 38. So the situations aren't really comparable from either team's perspective.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Not everyone.

Count me in the group who doesn't think we were better off Pre-Nash. It was just a different set of problems.

While I'm not totally convinced that Nash is part of the answer, I don't believe we had one before his arrival either.

*** - nevermind, I thought you were talking about the Nash trade.

Last edited:

BarbaraAlphanse

I was quite disappointed with giving up the 2 1sts. That was steep even at the time.

Yes identical numbers to a player that was one-tenth the player MSL normally was. That's not more talented.

Mike Cammalleri had 45 points last year and Nash had 36. Is Cammalleri "more talented?"

Only half of first rounders become full-time NHL players, so no, not at all.

Ok and that is most definitely a better percentage of success than any of the rounds following it.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
There won't be much turnover next year barring an unexpected trade. Talbot will be traded, MSL is out, and Hagelin is probably out. Stepan (6M), Fast, Miller will all be kept, leaving about 3M or so to operate with a 71M cap if it even gets that high

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Still way too low a percentage to consider a pick "talent"

We traded a 3rd liner with a crucifixion of a contract for a 1st liner whose contract is expiring just as his use is expiring.

I do that trade all over again every single day, twice on holidays, maybe three times if I'm in a good mood.

BarbaraAlphanse

Still way too low a percentage to consider a pick "talent"

We traded a 3rd liner with a crucifixion of a contract for a 1st liner whose contract is expiring just as his use is expiring.

I do that trade all over again every single day, twice on holidays, maybe three times if I'm in a good mood.

Ironically I think that is the one bad trade Sather made.

Yandle trade was A+.

Nash trade was B+.

Gabroik trade was A-.

MSL trade? I'd give that a solid D- in my app. If you tell me the reference without looking it up on google, I'll agree with everything you, DPMD, and Dactyl say for a whole week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad