Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
Friend of mine just told me that he heard a rumor from tsn hockey about the Rangers and lucic with yandle involved..anyone hear of this??

NO god no please no.

Either way I saw that proposed deal on a bleacher report article lol maybe that's where he got it from but it's just some stupid bleacher report writer with bad ideas.

Same guy proposed a Kessel deal to Calgary where Sam Bennett plus a really good prospect plus a first would go back to Toronto lmao.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Avs want a significant defenseman in return for ROR. They supposedly had discussed a ROR for Yandle deal during the season or it was discussed as a potential trade. The Rangers can not afford another $7 million center which is what it will cost to sign ROR long-term but the Rangers could facilitate the trade by being the 3rd team. The Rangers would receive assets from the 3rd team.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
The Avs want a significant defenseman in return for ROR. They supposedly had discussed a ROR for Yandle deal during the season or it was discussed as a potential trade. The Rangers can not afford another $7 million center which is what it will cost to sign ROR long-term but the Rangers could facilitate the trade by being the 3rd team. The Rangers would receive assets from the 3rd team.

Regardless of where the Rangers get the assets from, the Avs better be adding a LOT to a year of ROR to get a year of half price Yandle.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Oh, a second person wants to trade Yandle? Or are you Larry Brooks?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Trading Yandle would be unbelievably stupid. I can't believe this actually has legs. For Lucic on top of it? Barf.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I can't imagine it actually has any type of legs aside from baseless speculation.

Larry Brooks is the only one that has said anything, right? I would feel much better if it was just his garbage. I thought someone said they heard it on TSN, though.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Larry Brooks is the only one that has said anything, right? I would feel much better if it was just his garbage. I thought someone said they heard it on TSN, though.
Brooks: "A"

TSN: "Larry Brooks is reporting A"

People: "TSN is reporting A"

This happens a lot. Is annoying.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why do we want ROR?
We do not, 111% no

Trading Yandle would be unbelievably stupid. I can't believe this actually has legs. For Lucic on top of it? Barf.
I would move Yandle for the right return.
I realize it is not a simple 1 for 1, but 1 want the core piece for Yandle to be 10OA, something I've proposed earlier.

RB, most agree you are the greatest amongst us for posting.
Pls take a crack at the above premise, from the 3 team angle.

10th OA to Rangers
Yandle to AVs
1-2 other teams, extra stuff including, presumably, ROR.

Talbot + Klein for 16th + a 2nd rounder is more realistic IMO
This is closest to my original prop, except we keep TB's 2nd and they get Klein, and there are no conditional 3rd rounders on if Talbot extends or not!

So, like the song goes:
HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW?!!!!!!!

all, again, pls check out that other major post I had

TurgePurge*

yandle
glass

for

hjalmarsson
bickell (2 mil retained)

mcd - g
staal - hjalmarsson
hunwick/skjei - boyle

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

I thought that was just his opinion though, didnt say something like "The Rangers should trade Yandle now as his value is high"...I dont think he said anything that he heard the Rangers were thinking about moving him. I could be wrong though.

TurgePurge*

Why is Chicago, who is in a worse cap situation than we are, retaining money on Bickell and taking Glass?

There are levels to it. Its a two for two trade and they save 2 mil overall. They also get the best player in the deal (snickers). Rangers get a player with one of the best contracts in the league who is comfortable on right side. Bickell is more functional than glass but he's the most egregious contract on chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad