Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
lol of course he can, but he's our worst (not saying he's bad) defenseman and makes $2.9M. Also most tradeable D-man, besides Yandle, but who the **** wants to trade Yandle. :(

If they make a smart deal ok but I'd like a young cheap Rd back w a pick. Skjei should be ready in a year on ld

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Talbot playing that extended work load with no safety net seems to have a lot of value.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It's gotta be Talbot+Klein if we're getting 16.
Gotta be.

I'm not trying to crap on Cam, but goalies just don't return a lot of value. Cory Schneider is one of the best goalies in the NHL, I don't see Talbot having near that value; and you still could make an argument the Devils should have kept the pick and just took Bo Horvat instead.

IMO, #16 for Talbot is perfect compensation. No other parts involved.

Not only do I view Talbot as comparable to Schneider at the time that he was traded, but Talbot is the best goalie available on the market this year. Short supply for quality goalies, and a cheaply signed quality goalie available... I think he can easily get the #16.

Guys
No, pls stop cutting the value down.
The big post I made has it right,
16OA+ EDM 2nd
for
Klein + TB 2nd
Rangers provide 2 conditional thirds for Talbot extending

That is the deal we should be pushing for.

Staal for Draisaitl
Girardi for Reinhart
Klein for Bennett

2-3-4 picks of the 2014 draft. :popcorn:

The question is, how do we get the #1 overall?
Check out that big post I had.
deal w/AZ for 3OA +
deal w/TML for 4OA +

Do they do those 2 picks (strome + Hanafin) + McDonagh for 1OA McDavid?
probably no Chiarelli's ass is safer not taking the risk, but there is a point at which an offer is too much/too good to refuse!

Time to channel my inner Bern!

Talbot to Oilers for the 16 o/a.
Stepan, Hagelin, and 16 o/a to Buffalo for the 2nd o/a (due to the grumblings he may go back to BU and the Sabres fear he pulls a Hayes).
Draft Eichel.
Sign Condra and Tikhonov.
Trade glass for a late round pick.
Re-sign Sheppard.

Nash - Eichel - Miller
Kreider - Brassard- Zucc
Condra - Hayes - Tikhonov
Sheppard - Moore - Fast
Lindberg

Now back to reality.

Thanks.:laugh::yo:
But I urge you to go back to my last big post.

I'm going half Bernie on the trade board.
Beer is funny

What, no full bern?:amazed::naughty::D;):yo::laugh::handclap:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Saw an Oilers fan propose this on the main board but what do you guys think?

33rd + 57th + 3rd round pick (Edmonton has 79 and 86 this year) for Talbot + Klein.

Not as enticing as both for #16 overall but pretty similar value I think. If you really wanted to, you can trade back into the 20's with those picks. Talbot for 33rd is really good value to me and a 2nd + 3rd for Klein is also good value. Again, I'd push for 16 for both assuming we don't steal the 16th for Talbot straight up but that's another interesting proposal.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Saw an Oilers fan propose this on the main board but what do you guys think?

33rd + 57th + 3rd round pick (Edmonton has 79 and 86 this year) for Talbot + Klein.

Not as enticing as both for #16 overall but pretty similar value I think. If you really wanted to, you can trade back into the 20's with those picks. Talbot for 33rd is really good value to me and a 2nd + 3rd for Klein is also good value. Again, I'd push for 16 for both assuming we don't steal the 16th for Talbot straight up but that's another interesting proposal.

Who are we replacing Klein with?

Thats definitely not a bad deal though, adding 3 decent draft picks in the first 3 rounds in a deep draft would be pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad