Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Rather move Boyle but if he won't waive the no trade they pretty much have to deal Klein.

Might I ask, why? Boyle has one year left...he fills a bigger need than Klein, who is redundant in this system, and probably has less trade value at this point than Klein.

Ideally, the Rangers do this year with McIlrath what they did with regard to Miller, Hayes and Fast...bring in a cheap vet just to push the kids to win a spot, and not just be handed one.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I would like to move Staal, although I don't know how possible that is with his NMC. He has more value than Girardi, and we already have McDonagh and Yandle on the left side. Yandle should be playing top 4 minutes, not wasting away setting up passes to Tanner Glass. Although it would probably be too radical of a change for the Rangers.

Ideally, the Rangers move Staal, move Yandle to the 2nd pairing, retain Hunwick to start the year on the 3rd pairing, and then allow for Skjei to force his way into the lineup by January.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Girardi is slower with less offense and he can't even play defense. At least Staal is good at something. I'd rather have Staal at 5.7 than Girardi at 5.5

There are LHD to "replace" Staal in the lineup/system. We'd need an outside RHD or right-side capable D to replace Girardi.

No doubt Staal >>> Girardi, but one of Girardi's best qualities is that he shoots right-handed.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
There are LHD to "replace" Staal in the lineup/system. We'd need an outside RHD or right-side capable D to replace Girardi.

No doubt Staal >>> Girardi, but one of Girardi's best qualities is that he shoots right-handed.

Exactly...the quality on LHD is higher than on RHD.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Might I ask, why? Boyle has one year left...he fills a bigger need than Klein, who is redundant in this system, and probably has less trade value at this point than Klein.

Ideally, the Rangers do this year with McIlrath what they did with regard to Miller, Hayes and Fast...bring in a cheap vet just to push the kids to win a spot, and not just be handed one.

My thought is yandle brings the offence Boyle was supposed too. I'd rather move 1 yr at 4.5 then a good contract in Klein at 3 million for a few more years

If Klein goes and mcilrath stinks. Boyle gone after this yer . The Rd is girardi and what?

They could resign yandle and move mcd to Rd I guess

Jan 8, 2012
NY
No doubt that in a vacuum, I take Staal over Girardi. But our right side is so weak, while our left side is set for the long term. McDonagh and Yandle are exactly the type of defensemen this team should be focusing on, and Skjei will probably secure a spot by February of next year. I also am not inclined to move McDonagh to the right side when he just had the worst season of his career playing on his natural side. Maybe when he regains form, we can give Yandle-McD a shot.

The biggest priority should be finding an RHD to move Girardi down the lineup, but I'm sure the FO thinks this team is set on defense.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Did McDonagh played on the right in college? Otherwise the only experience he has is from the Olympics where he was great but not much to take from and we got no Suter. AV also likes having as many rh as lh.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
My thought is yandle brings the offence Boyle was supposed too. I'd rather move 1 yr at 4.5 then a good contract in Klein at 3 million for a few more years

If Klein goes and mcilrath stinks. Boyle gone after this yer . The Rd is girardi and what?

That is not a good contract for a 6th defenseman.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

We can't lose Klein after losing Stralman last year. Too many talented D men leaving this team. McIlrath may never be NHL ready...I hope I'm wrong about that but that's what I suspect.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I guess you are judging him by the way he played after returning from the broken arm? He'll be back to his regular form for next season.

I'm judging him how he played after his fluke month was over and he reverted to his career norms

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We can't lose Klein after losing Stralman last year. Too many talented D men leaving this team. McIlrath may never be NHL ready...I hope I'm wrong about that but that's what I suspect.

What makes u think that??? Mcilrath was outstanding for the pack last yr. Because he'll never be tarasenko or Fowler? Look at the rest of that draft besides like 4-5 guys in the first round no one else has made an impact yet. Mcilrath is perfectly on schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad