Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Chicago has two defense pairs and doesn't care and it doesn't affect them.

Move one of Staal and Girardi and don't replace them

Your top 4 is McDonagh, Boyle, Yandle, and Staal/Girardi.

Your bottom pair is Klein and who cares.
This is why I want to move Staal.

Is only good if McDonagh and Yandle can play 25 minutes a game.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Time to channel my inner Bern!

Talbot to Oilers for the 16 o/a.
Stepan, Hagelin, and 16 o/a to Buffalo for the 2nd o/a (due to the grumblings he may go back to BU and the Sabres fear he pulls a Hayes).
Draft Eichel.
Sign Condra and Tikhonov.
Trade glass for a late round pick.
Re-sign Sheppard.

Nash - Eichel - Miller
Kreider - Brassard- Zucc
Condra - Hayes - Tikhonov
Sheppard - Moore - Fast
Lindberg

Now back to reality.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

Chicago doesn't care because they have Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad etc and their whole concept is that they'll outscore you no matter what.
While it would be highly entertaining if the Rangers did the same thing, I don't think we have the cattle at F who can pull it off

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

I'm all for it. Detroit made Mantha and the 19th available. Girardi to Det for Mantha, sign Ehrhoff or Michalek on a short term deal.

Trade Klein and Talbot for the 16th and a 3rd

McDonagh-Boyle
Yandle-Michalek
Staal-Hunwick
McIlrath

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Chicago doesn't care because they have Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad etc and their whole concept is that they'll outscore you no matter what.
While it would be highly entertaining if the Rangers did the same thing, I don't think we have the cattle at F who can pull it off

Chicago was 17th in scoring.

As a matter of fact, you just described the Rangers.

Last edited:

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
CHI also rolls 4 lines properly (every fwd played 12+ mins today) and outside of the Richards-Kane line they are all very responsible defensively

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I'm all for it. Detroit made Mantha and the 19th available. Girardi to Det for Mantha, sign Ehrhoff or Michalek on a short term deal.

Trade Klein and Talbot for the 16th and a 3rd

McDonagh-Boyle
Yandle-Michalek
Staal-Hunwick
McIlrath

If it's possible to sign Michalek for 4.5 or something and deal Girardi it's tempting. But rather Staal for a right handed forward.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers have 4 NMC's next year. Lundqvist, Boyle, Girardi, Staal.

If I were to guess if they could move any one of them it would be Boyle. I'm betting though that they're not going to move any of them--and mainly because of the NMC's. To take the thought further if you could get one of them to agree to void that provision in his contract it's 99.99% likely they'll want to choose exactly where their next destination will be and it ain't going to be to a small market not going to make the playoffs kind of team. Any of them will want to go to a team that regularly makes the playoffs year after year--if not an upper tier contender.

So mostly when I see the 'let's trade Girardi or Staal' proposal (and by the way often times coming from the same who tell us we can't trade Boyle because he has an NMC) I'm thinking the proposer is daydreaming some not very realistic fantasy and if they're off in fantasy land anyway they'd be better off masturbating instead.

You can pretty much put both Staal and Girardi's names in next year's lineup in ink and not pencil. They're both going to be here--whether you like it or not.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just a question, has the idea of moving either of those come up from anyone reputable? I've actually seen people with sources at least bring up the idea of moving Yandle, Klein, Boyle. I've seen nothing about moving Girardi or Staal. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen, but it seems more like this idea is coming from HYNYR than anyone with actual inside knowledge of our team.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Just a question, has the idea of moving either of those come up from anyone reputable? I've actually seen people with sources at least bring up the idea of moving Yandle, Klein, Boyle. I've seen nothing about moving Girardi or Staal. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen, but it seems more like this idea is coming from HYNYR than anyone with actual inside knowledge of our team.

Probably Klein would be moved. Thats the only one I could actually see happening. We need cap space.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

Looks like Uncle Larry has been following me around lately...

When you look at the number of teams that do not have the draft choices available to tender an offer sheet, the list of desirable landing spots shrinks rapidly.

bobbop said:
The Hawks are extremely fortunate to have Hossa and Keith on very good contracts. At some point, they will end up paying the price for Hossa.

And re: Shane Doan. Doan has one year left on a $5MM plus ticket. He's not going to be traded this summer because no team of consequence can fit that kind of contract in under the cap but come the trade deadline he may be a worthy target. He played pretty well last year when you consider the train wreck around him. Given the right economics, he could be excellent playoff depth.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
If Pittsburgh is on Kessel's modified NTC list, I can definitely see a trade involving Kessel and Malkin, with Toronto eating a portion of Kessel's salary.

I don't think it would be smart for us to take Kessel. I think there are better moves we can make.

Yeah, that's not happening. Toronto is rebuilding.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Daily reminder that mcilrath will be on the roster this year. Please take that into account when posting hr crazy proposals

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers have 4 NMC's next year. Lundqvist, Boyle, Girardi, Staal.

If I were to guess if they could move any one of them it would be Boyle. I'm betting though that they're not going to move any of them--and mainly because of the NMC's. To take the thought further if you could get one of them to agree to void that provision in his contract it's 99.99% likely they'll want to choose exactly where their next destination will be and it ain't going to be to a small market not going to make the playoffs kind of team. Any of them will want to go to a team that regularly makes the playoffs year after year--if not an upper tier contender.

So mostly when I see the 'let's trade Girardi or Staal' proposal (and by the way often times coming from the same who tell us we can't trade Boyle because he has an NMC) I'm thinking the proposer is daydreaming some not very realistic fantasy and if they're off in fantasy land anyway they'd be better off masturbating instead.

You can pretty much put both Staal and Girardi's names in next year's lineup in ink and not pencil. They're both going to be here--whether you like it or not.

According to Brooks,Boyle has zero interest in leaving and is looking forward to playing for the Rangers next season. Brooks got that from a "reliable informant". He also has some information on Talbot. "Several well placed sources". Boyle and Talbot have the same agent. George Bazos who is based in Westchester County. Brooks spoke to the agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad