Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I don't want to trade Nash can't see how we would become a better team without him unless Pittsburgh freaks out and give us Malkin.

Staal is a Ontario guy and I got to say a he would be a pretty darn good partner for their captain. They would like a pick which we don't have or say Hayes which we can't give.

Get that 16th for Talbot.

Staal+Hagelin+16th for Kessel @40%.

Say what you want about Kessel but he scores goals and is right handed. Everybody knows this team need a right handed sniper. Stepan, Brassard and Hayes is more talented centers than Bozak even though they two are very tight, he will score 30 goals here. We should figure out a way to get him on this team or Pittsburgh will take him.

Just because it's June, sign Tikhonov.

Zucc-Brass-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Kessel
Tikhonov-Hayes-Fash
Glass-Moore-Klingberg

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Klein
Skeji-Boyle

Hank
Fasth

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
If Pittsburgh is on Kessel's modified NTC list, I can definitely see a trade involving Kessel and Malkin, with Toronto eating a portion of Kessel's salary.

I don't think it would be smart for us to take Kessel. I think there are better moves we can make.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
If Pittsburgh is on Kessel's modified NTC list, I can definitely see a trade involving Kessel and Malkin, with Toronto eating a portion of Kessel's salary.

I don't think it would be smart for us to take Kessel. I think there are better moves we can make.
No one trades Malkin for Kessel. Moves like?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I don't want to trade Nash can't see how we would become a better team without him unless Pittsburgh freaks out and give us Malkin.

Staal is a Ontario guy and I got to say a he would be a pretty darn good partner for their captain. They would like a pick which we don't have or say Hayes which we can't give.

Say what you want about Kessel but he scores goals and is right handed. Everybody knows this team need a right handed sniper. Stepan, Brassard and Hayes is more talented centers than Bozak even though they two are very tight, he will score 30 goals here. We should figure out a way to get him on this team or Pittsburgh will take him.

Zucc-Brass-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Kessel
Tikhonov-Hayes-Fash
Glass-Moore-Klingberg

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Klein
Skeji-Boyle

Hank
Fasth
I would do that, but where is Miller in ur lineup?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Zucc-Brass-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Kessel
Tikhonov-Hayes-Fash
Glass-Moore-Klingberg

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Klein
Skeji-Boyle

Hank
Fasth

Not sure why Toronto would take on additional cap hits AND pay 40% of Kessel's hit.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
I'm going to remain consistent in what I want & what I've been saying. I want Yakupov, and I've been saying that Talbot may be worth the #16.

That said, I'm also willing to consider #33... if we can create a package deal. Something like #33 + Yakupov for Talbot, Klein & Hags. That would still be nice, IMO.
Better scenario would be #16 + Yakupov for Talbot, Klein & Hags.

Before anyone says "no way ... Edmonton won't do that"...remember that it's all based on team needs. Edmonton needs D and needs a G. If you look at things even more closely, they had the second worst Penalty Kill in the NHL this past season. That's where Hags comes in. Furthermore, Hags can keep up with the speed of their young talent during 5v5 as well.

Seriously...Edmonton has earned (lol) many early picks in the last several years and has alot of young talent to show for it. It's not required of them to keep them all...and Yakupov has underperformed. His trade value should be at a low at this point (though he finished up last year quite strong).
If we can get that done, it's a nice cap dump for us...in exchange for someone that could turn his career around in a new environment ... and is locked in at 2.5 mil for each of the next two seasons. Plus we get a nice pick to assist our future.

Glass easily includes himself in the line-up and we come in well under 70 ml Cap. BUT, I have an issue with this. I am not a Glass Fan. I want to run Lingberg as 4th line LW next year. Is there a UFA we can pick up next year at 2.0 mil or 2.5 mil that inserts nicely into our 3rd Line on Left wing? Or...we could move Miller to 3rd Line LW and search for a Right Winger. Crazier yet, we could put Miller at 3rd Line C and Hayes at 3rd Line RW. So many possibilities with the guys we have.

So... for quick reference...please look at my Line-up pasted below...and please let me know who we can pick up to play 3rd line if we get rid of Glass. I'm thinking we should talk to Shawn Matthias in this scenario...and see if he will sign for 2.5 mil ... but that is unlikely this year....due to so few quality UFAs. They will command premiums.

0tdUPkS.jpg

I'm also starting to consider someone Raspewtin brought up in the past...Erik Conrda. Sorry for bringing your name up, Ras... but I like to give credit where it is due...and I think Condra is absolutely worth considering in this scenario. He played for 1.25 mil last year and is a UFA. Ottawa may not sign him and his output does not imply to me that he is someone that will require more than 2.5 mil to sign. He also seems a solid Corsi player if I recall. A smart dude. BTW..If Stepan requires 6.25 or 6.50 to re-sign...Condra seems even MORE worthy of consideration...as I think he may be willing to play in NY for 2 mil. Kondra is also a Right-Handed shot!

Anyway...if Talbot is traded solely for a pick...I then recommend unloading Hags & Klein for more picks....and going Hell or High Water for Carl Soderberg.

Thanks for reading my long post, lol. I try to keep stuff realistic...and I think this is realistic.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I posted a list but didn't get any responses. If this trade does happen, we should target one of:

Roy, Zboril, Chabot, Guryanov, or Konecny

Yes on Roy. No one Zboril, Chabot and Konecny. They are good players, I just wouldn't pick a non-RHD, unless its a player that is too hard to pass up. Guryanov would be that player. He's a top 10 talent in this draft. If he gets to 16, I think we should take him.

If not, we should take Roy or Juulsen, who are both RHD. I'm usually for BPA, but with such a big need, I think we should take a RHD. Juulsen is my personal favorite RHD in this draft.

My list of who'd I'd take is:

1. Guryanov
2. Juulsen
3. Roy
4. Carlo

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No on Doan. Are you kidding? I'd want compensation for him to be on our roster. Brooks verifying that there is a lot of interest in Talbot is good news. The MSL news is good as well.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
No on Doan. Are you kidding? I'd want compensation for him to be on our roster. Brooks verifying that there is a lot of interest in Talbot is good news. The MSL news is good as well.

I hope that the talk of Doan is bogus. We really don't need another old guy.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Mikhail Grigorenko's not happy in Buffalo. He's talking about going home---as in the KHL. If Buffalo's interested in Talbot....well....he's a good goalie.....so anyway

Mikhail's a talented guy. He has size. His progress has been pretty underwhelming though not as underwhelming as Cody Hodgson.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Chicago has two defense pairs and doesn't care and it doesn't affect them.

Move one of Staal and Girardi and don't replace them

Your top 4 is McDonagh, Boyle, Yandle, and Staal/Girardi.

Your bottom pair is Klein and who cares.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Chicago has two defense pairs and doesn't care and it doesn't affect them.

Move one of Staal and Girardi and don't replace them

Your top 4 is McDonagh, Boyle, Yandle, and Staal/Girardi.

Your bottom pair is Klein and who cares.

I say move Girardi and Klein and just roll with Hunwick and McIlrath on the bottom pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad