Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

You think Talbot and Hags can get a 1st and Nichuskin?

As base lines to a deal? I certainly don't think it would be far off.

Nishcushkin had a bad injury last year. Too young to really predict how he'll turn out. Hagelin is more proven. Been to the playoffs. There is value in that. Dallas needs more of that and less of uncertainty. They're trying to take the next step. They also get a good and cheap goalie.

BarbaraAlphanse

I never specified it had to be 2015. Send the '16 one for all anyone cares.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I would trade Hagelin and Talbot for Nichushkin alone and run away laughing. Just me, though.

BarbaraAlphanse

The hip surgery is worrisome.

Irregardless. Hagelin and talbot for Nishcushkin and a pick. Bases for both sides.

Keep nash. It probably can work.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I like the idea of Goligoski but why does Dallas trade him?

We convince them that they need Girardi's defensive prowess to offset the hilariousness of Dallas trying to pass of Trevor Daley as a defeneman? :dunno:

That deal was the one I didn't love that I came up with, hence the bern notation (sorry, bern, I mean it with respect to your imagination). I don't think Dallas trades Goligoski, especially with only one year left on his deal, for current level replacement players and not futures.

I also don't think Hagelin is much of an upgrade over Eakin. It's a trade, to me, that is so equal in value that I was hoping it would better suit the needs of each time. Dallas' need to defend more, the Rangers need for a shot suppressor, and cap clearance.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I know Staal is a good defenseman, but he's not worth 5.7m

What worries me about Staal is his inconsistency, but when he's on, he's one of the best shutdown defenders in the league. Considering he's under 30, I do think hes worth that much -- then again, I don't have an ideological deficiency that leads me to believe any defenseman who isn't a "puck mover" is trash.

BarbaraAlphanse

Nishcushkin-Hayes-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-XX
Miller-brass-Zucc
Lindberg-Moore-fast

That XX should be Buch after next year.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
How many guys do we see as unmovable?

To me it's maybe one, Hank.

Anybody else for the right price is movable.

If your trading a Stepan for a pick, even a very high pick, man you better be sure.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
You misread... It's EITHER trade Stepan, OR move him to wing, thereby rendering his game entirely iineffective.

No I read that right. Malkin makes Stepan expendable, therefor Malkin's 9.5M saves cap space by killing 2 birds with one stone and we get to dump Nash's 7.8 and Stepan's impending 6M.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida

If your trading a Stepan for a pick, even a very high pick, man you better be sure.
I'd say Hank mcdonaghs yandle Hayes kreider stepan

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

zero guys are untouchable.

Hank included.

But I am, admittedly, in the minority with that statement.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Depending on the term, I could get behind that move. Definitely not my first option though.

Being that he is a good playoff guy, I will just guess he will be looking at a 4-5 year contract he is only 33 and so it will probably be his last big contract.. that is just my guess. He would be an option if we resign everyone else first and still have that 5 million to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad