Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Malkin misses (on average) 18 games a year for the last 5 seasons. (17.33 the last three seasons)

The cost to acquire and his monstrous cap hit of 9.5 per year make him, for me, someone I want nothing to do with.

Pass.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Oh so we're trading our 42 goal scorer and our number 1 center. Got it. I'm loving this plan.

For a much superior center who would more then likely match Nash's goal output. The winger the Rangers would get in return for Stepan would not be chicken scratch either.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
For a much superior center who would more then likely match Nash's goal output. The winger the Rangers would get in return for Stepan would not be chicken scratch either.

So we are getting a more expensive version of Nash who doesn't play defense and trading Stepan for someone. Brilliant.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
So we are getting a more expensive version of Nash who doesn't play defense and trading Stepan for someone. Brilliant.

Only type of trade that makes sense moving Nash.

And the return for Stepan, think of a young winger like Schwartz or Forsberg.

Edit: and I'm not supporting moving Nash but some ppl on here are he'll bent on it. The team more then likely would not move Nash for picks/prospects or nonestablished fowards. Trading partners wouldn't move their top young player for Nash without the Rangers retaining some of his cap it. That isn't happening either.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Sorry just catching up here... So we're trading the guy who led the team in goals for the past 2 seasons because he couldn't keep it up in the playoffs? To me, the reason we lost to Tampa was A) the D could not keep up with Tampa, and the D could barely get the puck out of our zone. How many times did DG have time to clear the puck but instead made the wrong play and Tampa kept the puck in the zone. B) AV got out coached. He refused rarely juggled the lines except for Marty & Miller and when he was forced to in game 7 he kept Glass in over Sheppard and once McD was able to play he refused to place Hunwick on the ice who outplayed KK in the first period. But hey that's just one person opinion.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Sorry just catching up here... So we're trading the guy who led the team in goals for the past 2 seasons because he couldn't keep it up in the playoffs? To me, the reason we lost to Tampa was A) the D could not keep up with Tampa, and the D could barely get the puck out of our zone. How many times did DG have time to clear the puck but instead made the wrong play and Tampa kept the puck in the zone. B) AV got out coached. He refused rarely juggled the lines except for Marty & Miller and when he was forced to in game 7 he kept Glass in over Sheppard and once McD was able to play he refused to place Hunwick on the ice who outplayed KK in the first period. But hey that's just one person opinion.

I think this is very valid, especially the point on Hunwick. 4, 5 if you include KK and his arm, of our top 6 D were significantly hurt. I dont quite get why AV didn't dress Hunwick as the 7th D and rotate him into the game as needed.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
We all know Malkin would score 20 and put up 30 assists too. :help:

Malkin would be a dud of epic proportions here. The minute the fans got on him, which would be almost immediate given his often indifferent play, he'd shut it down. I can't believe people are even entertaining the idea.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Okay, here is my: I'm Glen Sather, what I say goes off-season plan for the Rangers...

Trades:

Talbot to Buffalo for 31 OA, Foligno

Klein to Detroit for Marchenko, 2nd rounder 2016 draft

Here's where I go off the deep end into bern territory... :)

Girardi+Hagelin+Glass to Dallas for Alex Goligoski, Cody Eakin, 193 OA, Travis Morin

Re-Sign Hunwick; 1 year, $.85m
Sign Viktor Fasth; 1 year, $1.25m

This lineup is as follows:

Nash (7.8) - Brassard (5) - Zuccarello (4.5)
Kreider (2.475) - Stepan (6) - Miller (1.2)
Eakin (1.9) - Hayes (.9) - Fast (1)
Foligno (1.875) - Moore (1.5) - Lindberg (.8)
Bourque (.5625)

McDonagh (4.7) - Goligoski (4.6)
Staal (5.7) - Boyle (4.5)
Yandle (2.625) - McIlrath (.75)
Hunwick (.85)

Lundqvist (8.5)
Fasth (1.25)

Total spend - 68.9875. Even with a $70m cap, we're still $1m under the books to mess around with.

Here's a Rangers player usage chart for the past season on D minus Girardi & Klein and with Goligoski:

C17jV8l.png

AV will really need to start spreading the love a bit more. Use Yandle in tougher situations. McIlrath should be around the 17.1/+5 area on the graph. Boyle 17.4/+10. We can't have a corps where you can drive a tank through the separation of the D. Spread the love.

Again, what this lineup fails out is bringing in a right-handed shot to **** **** up on the power play.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Look, it happens. We lost in the play offs. The main reason we lost to Tampa, was the complete meltdown by Lundqvist in games 2 and 3. If he even played decent, we'd be in the Finals now after eliminating Tampa in 6 games.

Yeah, it's not like there were FOUR more games in the series or anything. Two of which were on home ice and both of them we got shutout.

Yup, all Hank's fault.

Also, why is everyone so hell bent on getting Marcus Foligno? He has 192 NHL games played and has scored 26 goals. Is it simply because he's big? Hasn't he been considered a bust at this point?

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
What about Klein+Talbot to Dallas for Demers?

Nvm, Demers AAV is $3.4M so it's not worth it.

Last edited:

BarbaraAlphanse

If we are all dead set on keeping Nash and supplementing him with more goal scoring, I'd be interested in something revolving around Hagelin and talbot and Dallas' 1st and Nishcushkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad