Prospect Info: 2015 18th overall - Thomas Chabot (D) Saint John Sea Dogs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
:laugh:

God I miss the Simpsons in their prime. Good times...

Bryan Murray, walking through Bronson, Missouri, clutches his cellphone tightly to his ear

Bryan Murray: Hey Fletch, how bout some Haula?

Chuck Fletcher: No dice.

Bryan Murray: Dis ain't ovah.

hqdefault.jpg

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Ok, I've been thinking about this for an hour now so I gotta ask, what does that expression mean?

Ive been trying to read haula's facial expression too.

He looks longing for something. Like he's standing on a cliff watching the pier waiting for his loved one to come home who never does. :sarcasm:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Ok, I've been thinking about this for an hour now so I gotta ask, what does that expression mean?

As someone else mentioned, it definitely has it roots in the military.

On the Simpsons in a flashback grandpa Simpson was criticizing Joe Namath and his long flowing hair, and then rival QB Johnny Unitas came on screen with his very square, military brush cut, and we get that line.

99563.jpg

One of my favorite Simpson lines of all time :laugh:

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
I'm assuming that Chabot will be suiting up for tonight's game against the Czech's. It will be interesting to see how our 2nd first rounder does. Apparently White is turning heads at the U.S. Camp, here's hoping Chabot can do the same.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm assuming that Chabot will be suiting up for tonight's game against the Czech's. It will be interesting to see how our 2nd first rounder does. Apparently White is turning heads at the U.S. Camp, here's hoping Chabot can do the same.

Looks like they'll be showing it on TSN at 7:30.

Hot damn! Some hockey in August! :handclap: :D

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Anyone catch the game?

Only some of it - so please don't take this for more than its worth...

His skating stands out. He's an effortless skater and when he gets places I was aking myself "how in the heck did he get there that fast".

He also jumped up in the offensive zone a bit. Had a couple nice chances that were either saved or missed the net.

I didn't think he stood out, but I saw a lot of positives. Reminded me a bit of J-Bo.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Anyone catch the game?

It was my first time seeing him in person, and I was impressed. Exceptional skater, and that really is what drives his game. He has good offensive instincts, knowing when to jump into the rush as an odd-man, to pinch along the boards, and to sneak down along the back-wall or into the slot. He didn't score, but he had two very good chances, one where he jumped into the slot and the other where he lurked down off the blueline on a powerplay and had a cross-crease one timer. Much like Karlsson (note: he's not Karlsson), he's able to get involved like this because he has the skating to recover.

In the defensive zone, the Chabot-Leblanc pairing struggled at times. They got hemmed in their zone more than any of the other pairings, although nothing ended up in their net. I think it would be unfair to assign all of the blame to Chabot though. Leblanc had his own issues, and its easy for one defensive breakdown, from any of the five skaters, to create chaos among a group of 18-19 year olds who have never played together before. Chabot seemed like an engaged defender, vocal with his assignments. He wasn't doing anything reckless. You get the sense that he takes his defensive duties seriously, but his game is not yet refined. Leaving too much of a gap, or losing position. The kinds of issues that should be fixable as he develops.

As for his role on the team, he was not on the PK, but did get second PP-unit time. For most of the game they were playing 4 forwards and 1 defenceman, and Fleury was out with the first unit. When Chabot did get PP time, he looked very comfortable. His puck skills are all there.

As things stand in August, I would be surprised if he makes the team this year. I expect Hockey Canada to go with safer options to fill out the lower pairings. But, the team isn't picked in August, and he has the fall to keep improving.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Like I said when we drafted him, the defense side holds me back from being all gung ho on him. Beautiful skater though.
Have to wait and see how he progresses.
A guy like white on the other hand is more of a sure thing imo.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Best puckmover on the ice last night.

Smooth skater, poised with the puck, makes great passes, handles the puck well and isn't afraid to jump into the play. Easy to see upside with this player. Just need to iron out some issues in the defensive end.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Best puckmover on the ice last night.

Smooth skater, poised with the puck, makes great passes, handles the puck well and isn't afraid to jump into the play. Easy to see upside with this player. Just need to iron out some issues in the defensive end.

We saw the same thing last night.

I said it all year, it only takes a couple of viewings to fall in love with him. People who were upset will be singing a different tune when they actually see him play a game or two.

Most excited I've been about a prospect just drafted by the Sens in a long time.

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
He reminds me of Xavier Ouellet, who we traded along with Tomas Jurco for Matt Puempel. Very bad trade for us.

We traded two picks to move up for a more promising looking prospect at the time according to management. It probably hasn't worked out, but to say that we traded two players that we may or may not have drafted for one that we did draft is stretching the truth to say the least.

On topic of Chabot. i like his game, and defensive zone stuff is easier to teach and put into a good system that helps him out. Ability to pick spots to rush and make the clean passes and offensive skills are harder to teach for d men i think.

source

Jul 13, 2008
We traded two picks to move up for a more promising looking prospect at the time according to management. It probably hasn't worked out, but to say that we traded two players that we may or may not have drafted for one that we did draft is stretching the truth to say the least.

We might have drafted Saad instead, who knows. Puempel was a one-dimensional player back then, and still is.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He played well for Canada at the juniors.

So did Martin Gendron, but he played all of 30 NHL games over his career. So far at the pro level, he hasn't translated his offense. We've yet to see for Chabot, but I'm not losing sleep over missing out on Ouellet until he gives me a reason to.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So did Martin Gendron, but he played all of 30 NHL games over his career. So far at the pro level, he hasn't translated his offense. We've yet to see for Chabot, but I'm not losing sleep over missing out on Ouellet until he gives me a reason to.

Babcock was very mad at Holland for making him send Ouellet down. He is going to be a very good player in Detroit.

In saying that, I don't think they are very similar players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad