Prospect Info: 2015 18th overall - Thomas Chabot (D) Saint John Sea Dogs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
@Syl_St_Laurent 7m7 minutes ago Gatineau, Québec
I'm told #Sens prospect Thomas Chabot (@ThomasChabot1) will be getting a late invite to Hockey Canada's WJC summer camp.

Nice to hear.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Very good sign and never hurts to have an extra carrot to keep him motivated on working hard...very nice short term goal for him to make that team and we know how much more fun it is for us to have a Sens prospect on the team.

We have had a few high impact players on Team Canada recently and I love it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I am positive he would be invited to the main camp, regardless if he was to the summer camp or not. He has so many things working in his favor this upcoming season, he is going to improve over last years great showing. His numbers will improve, of that I am certain, but I believe he will add a defensive element to his game.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Gotta work on Gagne getting an invite now. BMur should call Lowry

Nope, nope, nope.

If our kids end up with training camp invites or manage to get onto the final roster, I want it to be because they're good enough to be there and deserve the spot. If you want the spot, earn it.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
He's got the reverse haircut of his dad.

I hope I get to watch him a little this year, he seems like an interesting pick. I still think the scouting reports make him sound like a young Redden.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I haven't been as excited for a prospect just drafted into our system in a long time. After watching him progress all year, I don't feel I'm over-rating Chabot in saying I believe he will end up in the first tier of D drafted this year.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I haven't been as excited for a prospect just drafted into our system in a long time. After watching him progress all year, I don't feel I'm over-rating Chabot in saying I believe he will end up in the first tier of D drafted this year.

Why do you feel this way about Chabot? What are his strengths and weaknesses against the higher rated prospects that make you think this? I am asking because I have not seen all of them play and have no idea about where he fits.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
its a fooking tommy shelby

latest

Last edited:

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Why do you feel this way about Chabot? What are his strengths and weaknesses against the higher rated prospects that make you think this? I am asking because I have not seen all of them play and have no idea about where he fits.

He reminds me of OEL. Ultra smooth effortless skater who displays amazing patience and offensive instincts.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nope, nope, nope.

If our kids end up with training camp invites or manage to get onto the final roster, I want it to be because they're good enough to be there and deserve the spot. If you want the spot, earn it.

Lots of politics with the roster naming and the invites. I would really like to see how Gagne does on that stage. ... I get your point though

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He's got the reverse haircut of his dad.

I hope I get to watch him a little this year, he seems like an interesting pick. I still think the scouting reports make him sound like a young Redden.

Redden is actually excellent comparison but Chabot seems tojump in more.

its a fooking tommy shelby

latest

Hopefully he has the IQ of Tomay and not Arthur

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

That's pretty bold, considering he is the highest drafted Canadian Defenceman this year :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I hope he is able to put a little more weight on for next season as Lazar did when he came to camp last yr. He needs to get closer to the 200 lb range I think to be a little more effective & not get knocked off the puck as easily & to be more physical plus he does have the frame to carry it.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
From what I've seen he is kind if Redden-esque. I think Chabot is more of a plus skater than Redden was coming into the league though.

Doesn't think the game at as high a level as Redden though (not a knock on Chabot, Redden just happened to be one of the best in the game at his peak). Props to whoever mentioned the Brodie comparison, if Chabot can add some weight and continue to grow defensively I could easily see him grwoing into a Brodie type of guy.

Tough to nail down an exact comparison though, as the guy has a very intruiging package. Should be interesting to see how he develops moving forward. He's definitely got a good support system in St-John's and will continue to have one in Ottawa/Bingo.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
In his highlight videos he seems to coast a lot, a bit laissez-faire. Maybe that's just because he is a defenceman, I don't know. Anyway I'm lukewarm on this guy (but really, what do I know). It seems like from what scouts say, if he pans out he can be a great addition and exactly what the team needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad