Prospect Info: 2015 18th overall - Thomas Chabot (D) Saint John Sea Dogs

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Svechnikov came to NA to learn the game here and said many times he didn't mind playing in the AHL. Gimme a break. Guy wants to play in the NHL.

I asked a friend today who played versus Chabot this year said he's not the kind of guy you notice a lot but does everything pretty well. Said he's not physical at all and that sometimes he gets outta position chasing guys but believe he might be good. Time will tell. Sharing because some people asked me to, I am no scout just a guy who watched a lot of Q this year and that's pretty much what I think of Chabot I just had a big crush on Svechnikov

Hmmm, sounds like Ruslan Bashkirov to me.

I wonder how long Bashkirov stayed in NA... oh... wait...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I read that his favorite defenceman is Erik Karlsson
not a surprise but he could have a chance to play with him in a few years.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I've been watching a lot of footage of Chabot and I can't help but compare him to OEL. Silky smooth skater , amazing composure and passing. He's going to be really good.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
BleakEasygoingHeron.gif

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I've been watching a lot of footage of Chabot and I can't help but compare him to OEL. Silky smooth skater , amazing composure and passing. He's going to be really good.

Yea I thought of this, actually first thing that popped in my mind too but I went with Josi comparable cause OEL imo has more physical traits.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Yeah didn't like the pick at first due to my man crush on Svechnikov and because I think Chabot needs strenght and work on defense but considering the work we've done with young defenders I believe our organisation can do something good with him. Great first pass being able to beat the forecheck and having a knack for offense is crucial in today's NHL and I like my dmens to be able to get out of our zone once in a while so I might like it later.

I'll be patient.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Chabot not invited to Team Canada's summer development camp :laugh:

First Ceci now Chabot. Seems Team Canada isn't a fan of our young D men.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Happened a week ago though.
6 defencemen drafted after him invited.
I just realized Chabot is the first Canadian defenceman drafted this year.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Happened a week ago though.
6 defencemen drafted after him invited.
I just realized Chabot is the first Canadian defenceman drafted this year.

In three years he's going to be pushing for a spot, no question. Seems quite poised. Draws defenders to him as he passes the puck.

Our D in three years could be crowded with the guys we've drafted coming up against the guys we are retaining now. Good competition.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

WJ team selection is full of politics by Hockey Canada.

I wouldn't put much stock into how good players are based on them making the team or not.

The only reason Team Canada still wins WJCs is because Canada has so much depth, a blind monkey could choose a team, and it would be made up of good players.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
WJ team selection is full of politics by Hockey Canada.

I wouldn't put much stock into how good players are based on them making the team or not.

The only reason Team Canada still wins WJCs is because Canada has so much depth, a blind monkey could choose a team, and it would be made up of good players.

Well said.

On another note, if the kid has a good September-December, he can still get an invite to the main camp. It's happened before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad