2015/16 Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am 90% sure that this will be our opening night roster for the backend.

I loved the Zidlicky trade when it happened, and loved him on the PP.

But MAN those play-offs were scary.

But Khan doesn't seem to think he will be back.

I think our 6 defenseman next year are: Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Quincey, Smith and then 1 of Ouellet or Marchenko

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Upgrade blue line.
-Kindl, Quincey/Ericsson, Zidlicky
+UFA/trade, Ouellet/Marchenko

forwards:
-Cole, Cleary, Andersson
+Pulkkinen
-Less TOI and less offensive zone starts for Glendening for the love of god.
Helm out of top 6 please.

-Babcock
+Blashill

That's it for now.

Okay, this is what I'm feeling. I'm not going to idly speculate that we'll be able to move Weiss and Kindl, because that seems unrealistic.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen

Time to move Zetterberg to wing, and rather than shove a round peg through a square hole like Helm or Abdelkader, I'd rather give them Franzen for the top line.

Tatar-Sheahan-Pulkkinen

I always liked Tatar with Sheahan. Tatar is a tenacious player who likes to hold the puck, Sheahan likes going to the dirty areas, and Pulkkinen is the perimeter shooting player. I'd like to at least try giving Pulkkinen some strong linemates at first at least.

Nyquist-Larkin-Abdelkader

Larkin can't ask for a better first year linemate than Nyquist and Abdelkader will get to all the dirty areas. Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader looked really strong at points this season so keeping Goose and Gator together seems like a good idea to me. This assuming Larkin makes the team out of camp, which I think isn't unrealistic at this point.

Helm-Glendening-Jurco

I know some people like Jaster will want "Muh Miller", but I think he is easily replaceable. I pity the fools who play against this speedy, tenacious line. Helm on the 4th line is crazzzzy good.

Miller/Ferraro

I'd like to see Quincey shipped out, and a new puck moving defenseman added to the blue line, but I do not think that is realistic.

Kronwall, Dekeyser, Ouellet, Marchenko are all defensemen I'd like to see on the blue line full time next year. One of Quincey and Ericsson is fine too, I guess. I'd like to see a year of Smith under Blashill too. But we'll see what happens. As far as pairings go? The blue line as it is currently constructed is such a mess, I don't even know. I guess I'd like to see what Kronwall-Dekeyser could do, but otherwise. I really don't even know.

Split time between Howard and Mrazek and that's pretty much taken care of.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Okay, this is what I'm feeling. I'm not going to idly speculate that we'll be able to move Weiss and Kindl, because that seems unrealistic.

Time to move Zetterberg to wing, and rather than shove a round peg through a square hole like Helm or Abdelkader, I'd rather give them Franzen for the top line.

Tatar-Sheahan-Pulkkinen

I always liked Tatar with Sheahan. Tatar is a tenacious player who likes to hold the puck, Sheahan likes going to the dirty areas, and Pulkkinen is the perimeter shooting player. I'd like to at least try giving Pulkkinen some strong linemates at first at least.

Larkin can't ask for a better first year linemate than Nyquist and Abdelkader will get to all the dirty areas. Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader looked really strong at points this season so keeping Goose and Gator together seems like a good idea to me. This assuming Larkin makes the team out of camp, which I think isn't unrealistic at this point.

Helm-Glendening-Jurco

I know some people like Jaster will want "Muh Miller", but I think he is easily replaceable. I pity the fools who play against this speedy, tenacious line. Helm on the 4th line is crazzzzy good.

Miller/Ferraro

I'd like to see Quincey shipped out, and a new puck moving defenseman added to the blue line, but I do not think that is realistic.

Kronwall, Dekeyser, Ouellet, Marchenko are all defensemen I'd like to see on the blue line full time next year. One of Quincey and Ericsson is fine too, I guess. I'd like to see a year of Smith under Blashill too. But we'll see what happens. As far as pairings go? The blue line as it is currently constructed is such a mess, I don't even know. I guess I'd like to see what Kronwall-Dekeyser could do, but otherwise. I really don't even know.

That all looks good. If they deem Larkin should spend some time in GR first then just pop Helm up to the 3C spot and promote Miller (or Ferraro) to the 4th.

One issue I see us having is Franzen's spot. Franzen is gonna prepare for training camp. Holland will have to prepare that way. That's a top 6/9 spot and 4 million in cap space. If he starts the season and then gets injured we won't be able to fill that spot with the UFA route. Personally I hope he makes it back and has a solid year but if he gets injured that will eliminate the possibility of filling that spot with a forward signing this summer.

Also, no Weiss in your lineup. Not sure if that's what you had intended with your opening bit.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

Tatar-Sheahan-Pulkkinen

Helm-Glendening-Jurco

Miller/Ferraro

:handclap: I like the idea of your suggested forward group

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
our forwards no matter which way we cut the pie will be just fine, same goes with the goaltending

its our backend that needs a complete overhaul with at least 2 new faces(one of which can be from GR)

inorder to do that Holland will have to finally make some tough decisions and not just the easy ones. it means moving on form guys who didnt or dont work and trading them for potential assets, it means being the highest bidder if that player is the guy we really want, it means trading away good assets for a good player who solves a long term need

sadly i dont see it happening

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
" Report: Former Stanley Cup Champion will lose two big free agents. " justin williams & jarret stoll . You think holland will go after one of them? I wouldnt mind

How much will williams get? Playoff beast.

I would like to get Stoll, But the whole arrest thing and whatever, Dont think we NEED him either

williams will be good because if the kids cant produce in the playoffs again..

Actual Thought*

I think our 6 defenseman next year are: Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Quincey, Smith and then 1 of Ouellet or Marchenko

Wasn't the PP statistically more effective before Zids got here? I wasn't all that impressed. I wouldn't be surprised if Holland goes a little silly for a defenceman this year. He doesn't have Babcock to squeeze every ounce out of the team. He may try to prop up Blash with every piece he can buy even if he has to overpay. I could see him adding a blueliner and a forward who can score.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
How much will williams get? Playoff beast.

williams will be good because if the kids cant produce in the playoffs again..

Well he was playing with Doughty, Kopitar and Gaborik. Tough to replicate that talent level in Detroit.

Pretty sure the same thing was said with regards to Kyle Quincey and we ended up signing him. To paraphrase Iron Mike Tyson " everyone's got a plan until they strike out in free agency". All kidding aside I would expect a defensive prospect to be given a shot. Hell, Jakub Kindl will probably be given about his 8th shot. He's more difficult to shake than a case of herpes.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Tatar-Sheahan-Pulkkinen

Helm-Glendening-Jurco

Miller/Ferraro

I REALLY don't like seeing either Nyquist or Tatar slotted outside the top 6, at this point. They both put up very closet to 1st line winger production last year. Their IT should be going up, not down IMO.

But I highly doubt Franzen actually plays, so that probably keeps them both in the top 6.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I REALLY don't like seeing either Nyquist or Tatar slotted outside the top 6, at this point. They both put up very closet to 1st line winger production last year. Their IT should be going up, not down IMO.

But I highly doubt Franzen actually plays, so that probably keeps them both in the top 6.

That's reasonable. I was trying to give Larkin a strong line mate. I don't know if giving him Mule and Gator would translate well, but as you say, Franzen might not even be able to play.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's reasonable. I was trying to give Larkin a strong line mate. I don't know if giving him Mule and Gator would translate well, but as you say, Franzen might not even be able to play.

I totally understand that line of thinking, I'm just really proud of what Tatar and Nyquist have become, and I hope they are mainstays in our top 6.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Not sure where to throw this, but:

@TSNBobMcKenzie
The 9 clubs Reilly meeting with: CHI, CBJ, DET, EDM, LA, MIN, MTL, NYR, PIT. Reilly officially becomes UFA on June 16.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Not sure where to throw this, but:

@TSNBobMcKenzie
The 9 clubs Reilly meeting with: CHI, CBJ, DET, EDM, LA, MIN, MTL, NYR, PIT. Reilly officially becomes UFA on June 16.

Nice. At least we're in on it. It may be a case like Dekeyeser where he had probably already chosen on Detroit (Minnesota) and was just grabbing up free steak dinners but good that we're in the mix regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad