2015/16 Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I completely agree, but at least we have pieces to dangle in an effort to solve the problem. Theoretically that is.

Its funny, at the time I was adverse to moving Nyquists, Ouellet, a Pick, etc. for a Myers or Petry. With the benefit of hindsight, both of those players looked a lot better when they got on a real team.

I'm at the point where I want Holland to make a move. If he does something bold(ish), I won't even hold it against him if it backfires. I guess what I am saying, Is I'll give Holland a get out of jail card on his next move If he bucks up and does something of decent significance..

It's a little bit impulsive/reactionary, but please, can we just take a swing on something.

A Nyquist for Vatanen would sting. As would 6 Million for Petry. Maybe these KINDS of moves, bite us in the butt over the long term, but its time we attempt to address the issues on the back end. Its beyond clear that the solution isn't coming from inside the organization.

I think we have the assets to pull off said trade, but I see nothing with Holland's recent track record to suggest it will happen.

I'm one of the biggest Nyquist supporters on here, and even I would probably do that trade. But I doubt Anaheim would.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I think we have the assets to pull off said trade, but I see nothing with Holland's recent track record to suggest it will happen.

I'm one of the biggest Nyquist supporters on here, and even I would probably do that trade. But I doubt Anaheim would.

Eh just spitballing on potential moves.

And I agree about Holland's Track record. And obviously, our opinions don't matter, but the get out of jail free card is meant to address Holland's recent track record. It seems he doesn't want to get burnt. **** it. Pull the trigger. Holland has proven he can stock pile quality young assets. I wont hold it against him if he swings for the fence and flies out to center field

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think people are really selling Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, and Jurco short. Sure they haven't had great post seasons yet, but I think all will really start to hit their stride next year. Yeah they are a bit older than say top round picks entering the NHL, but this is still their 2nd/1st full NHL seasons. If we held Dats/ Z to such ridiculous expectations when they were young, we would have traded off two of the best forwards in the NHL over the past decade. Now I don't think any of them are untradeable, but I feel that a lot of people are ready to say all of our young guys suck because they didn't lead us to glory in their 1st/2nd seasons. Same thing for Oulette & Marchenko. Neither has even really gotten a full half season in the NHL. Both have looked solid in limited callups. Yeah Marchenko looked kinda blah in the playoffs but the guy has like no NHL experience. The only prospect that I agree is dead in the water is Sproul.

If you can trade anyone not named Larkin for a legit top 2 dman, then I think you have to do it. I think right now that is the only position holding us back from long term success. We need someone to take over for Kronner. We also need to add some RDs.

Kronwall- Petry
Dekeyser- Trade
Ericsson-Marchenko/ Oulette

Is how this D should look next year. Put Kronner with a solid defensive guy that can let him go back to playing a more offensive game. Get Danny an offensive RH guy to play with hopefully. Bump E down and pair him with either March or Oulette, with the other being the first call up. Kindl, Smith, and Quincey should be dealt/ waived/ I don't care. Quincey had a good season but is not in the long term plans, and might be dealable. Smiths time with this team has passed. He needs a new start. Hopefully we'd deal him in the new dman trade.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
There goes the slam dunk Michigan connection and Petry.

Alright folks, revise your Wings fantasy roster.

Kronwall - Phaneuf... Petry... Green???

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Good freaking god. $5.5M for six years? I'm so glad we didn't get a chance to match - not that I think we would have. I like Petry a lot, but that is too much to pay a guy who shouldn't rank above #3 on a contender. I would bet big money that this deal puts him in Matt Carle/Andrew MacDonald territory in a year or two. He just doesn't have all the tools to be paid that much.

On the flip side, this really makes me pissed off that we completely misread Stralman's ceiling. Or that we didn't consider Wideman when he could've been had with money retained.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Your 15-16 Red Wings blue line

Kronwall-Ericsson
Dekeyser-Quincey
Ouellet-Smith

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Hopefully Mark Giordano hits FA next off season.

They need to land a Dylan Larkin-type prospect on D very soon.

I don't think Smith's career is over yet. Dekeyser should end up a top pairing guy at even strength. Ouellet and Marchenko don't produce much points but they've done well in limited time in Detroit and while with GR. Ericsson would look a lot better on the 2nd or 3rd pairing when he isn't playing over his head.

They should have gone after Stralman hard last off season. But, I don't think the D is that far off. The second pairing already did well last season. The big thing is getting a replacement for Ericsson on the top pairing and the rest of the lineup would fall in place. That should be the #1 off season priority.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

I don't think Smith's career is over yet. Dekeyser should end up a top pairing guy at even strength. Ouellet and Marchenko don't produce much points but they've done well in limited time in Detroit and while with GR. Ericsson would look a lot better on the 2nd or 3rd pairing when he isn't playing over his head.

They should have gone after Stralman hard last off season. But, I don't think the D is that far off. The second pairing already did well last season. The big thing is getting a replacement for Ericsson on the top pairing and the rest of the lineup would fall in place. That should be the #1 off season priority.

Ha, Giordano going to Free Agency.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Yeah, Calgary would be absolutely insane to let Giordano go to free agency.

I know it happened with Suter, but Calgary doesn't have a Weber. Teams hardly ever let go of #1 defenseman, let alone top 10 defenseman in the league.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

That would be a literal miracle. Now that's a guy you overpay for.

I disagree, though - I do think the Wings D is that far off. Kronwall is a #1 statistically speaking, but he isn't a strong #1. And being the #4 defenseman next to a composed guy like Dekeyser seems to be about all Quincey can handle. If Ericsson were the big problem but Kronwall was a bona fide top tier defenseman and Quincey were a more consistent 3/4 a la Brad Stuart, I would understand your point, but that's not the case, IMO. Lots of weak pieces. Dekeyser is really the only guy who is indisputably good enough for his rank and can/does play above it. All this in addition to the fact that Kronwall is on the darkside of his career and I'm pretty concerned.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That would be a literal miracle. Now that's a guy you overpay for.

I disagree, though - I do think the Wings D is that far off. Kronwall is a #1 statistically speaking, but he isn't a strong #1. And being the #4 defenseman next to a composed guy like Dekeyser seems to be about all Quincey can handle. If Ericsson were the big problem but Kronwall was a bona fide top tier defenseman and Quincey were a more consistent 3/4 a la Brad Stuart, I would understand your point, but that's not the case, IMO. Lots of weak pieces. Dekeyser is really the only guy who is indisputably good enough for his rank and can/does play above it. All this in addition to the fact that Kronwall is on the darkside of his career and I'm pretty concerned.

My hope at this point is that one of Ouellet or Smith are able to find their game, and thrive under Blashill, and climb the depth chart. I actually think there is a somewhat decent chance of that happening, though it's far from a guarantee for sure. I don't really have much faith in getting help via free agency now that Petry is gone, or the trade route.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Ha, Giordano going to Free Agency.

Yeah, Calgary would be absolutely insane to let Giordano go to free agency.

I know it happened with Suter, but Calgary doesn't have a Weber. Teams hardly ever let go of #1 defenseman, let alone top 10 defenseman in the league.

While I agree its a pipe dream, Calgary isn't the only party involved. And we are talking about a guy who was basically like "**** you, I'd rather go to Russia than accept your contract terms" and did.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I wonder if Larkin steals a spot on the opening day roster? If he can push Helm down to the 4th line or something, that'd be a good problem to have.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Have the guts to make a trade. Go out and get Pouliot, he's exactly what this organization needs. Let them pick any 2 prospects they want with the exception of Larkin.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
My hope at this point is that one of Ouellet or Smith are able to find their game, and thrive under Blashill, and climb the depth chart. I actually think there is a somewhat decent chance of that happening, though it's far from a guarantee for sure. I don't really have much faith in getting help via free agency now that Petry is gone, or the trade route.

This is one hope. I've said this before, but I'd also like to see them go buck wild with their pro scouting and see if they can capture a breakout candidate before the hype train gets going: Eric Gelinas, Ryan Ellis, Alec Martinez, Zach Redmond, etc.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
This is one hope. I've said this before, but I'd also like to see them go buck wild with their pro scouting and see if they can capture a breakout candidate before the hype train gets going: Eric Gelinas, Ryan Ellis, Alec Martinez, Zach Redmond, etc.

Larsson, Ristolainen to that list as well

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
what happen now

He gave a big middle finger to Darryl Sutter for not offering him a one-way deal and skipped off to Russia when he was in his early 20s. You could argue its part of the reason he's been something of late bloomer.
I vaguely remember the controversy when it happened but I definitely remember his return to the Flames after his Russian adventure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad